Old 29 November 2004, 22:22   #61

Town: sheffield
Boat name: barracuda
Make: Humber 7.6 mts
Length: 7m +
Engine: 200HP mercury
christmas bash

what about anglesey Trearddur bay near hollyhead it has a good car park (free)and good slip is( a charge but i dont think anybody will be collecting) ,if a few interested phone me
think about it
Stephen Eyre
Sheffield
0114 2203577
Old 30 November 2004, 00:17   #62

Town: Brittany/Portsmouth
Boat name: Merlin
Make: Solent 6.5
Length: 6m +
Engine: 200
MMSI: soon !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Davies
Got bored with the Honda 225, did we?

Us
Old 30 November 2004, 07:35   #63

Town: bath
Boat name: scoobydoo
Make: scorpion
Length: 8m +
Quote:
Got bored with the Honda 225, did we?

no just the water that was getting in the cylinders
Old 30 November 2004, 08:48   #64

Town: Manchester - Abersoc
Boat name: MeMe
Make: SeaPro 595CC
Engine: Mercury 115 4S
Send a message via MSN to MeMe
Oh Phil..........

Quote:
Of course he'll be grovelling to me like a true salesman once I get my Scorpion and 250 Etec
.........you're my hero
Old 03 December 2004, 07:03   #65

How's this going Meme? Will it be from Morfa or the other place (oh and we can't spell Pith helly) That little pub we went to last time was nice! Maybe Debs could come this time?

Any far reaching weather forecasts available?

Us
Old 03 December 2004, 08:30   #66

Town: Chelmsford/Anglesey
Make: Avon SR/RibLite 3.1m
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda 30hp/Yam 8hp
Right Kathleen, 60+ posts for this thread is quite sufficient. What we don't need is you turning this into one of your massively long-winded, rambling epics complete with lots of confusing tangents, thanks very much. We're already dreading the post-cruise write-up as it is

No point trying to organise locations, timings etc. at this early stage - Welsh weather far too fickle, better to leave it till nearer the time. Thread closed at 09.29, 3 December until further notice.
Old 03 December 2004, 08:49   #67

thanks for making us welcome on this cruise Ian, Jono G and Meme. (NWR)

Would welcome updates at any stage,

Paul
Old 09 December 2004, 21:32   #68

Town: Cardigan
Boat name: Bay Explorer/Pioneer
Make: Humber/Quinquari
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2 x ETEC 200hp
Put me down

At long last I have bought a RIB so I'd love to come along on the 28th if it happens.

Hopefully see you then.

Tony.
Old 09 December 2004, 21:39   #69

Town: Chelmsford/Anglesey
Make: Avon SR/RibLite 3.1m
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda 30hp/Yam 8hp
Tony,

As long as you're not a tax inspector masquerading as a tax planner, you're in. You see, we're a dodgy bunch in the North West Ribsters, what with a mixture of Scousers, Cockneys and Brummies, know what I mean, me ole son?
Old 09 December 2004, 21:57   #70

Town: St Peter Port
Boat name: Black Pig
Make: XS-Ribs
Length: 9m +
Engine: 2 x 225hp Optimax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louise
Hi Graeme,

I lived there (Llanfairfechan) for 4 years and we would love to explore some of the coastline by RIB.
Well I thought I'd never hear of that place again! When I was a wee nipper my mam and dad used to take us to Llanfairfechan (we stayed on mount row in a friend of my M&D 2nd house) for a week during the summer before heading down to a farm in Llangwnadl for the rest of the holidays.

Still not sure if twice a year on the Lleyn peninsular for 16 years has mentally scarred me or not!? But god did it p*ss it down round there!
Old 09 December 2004, 22:05   #71

Town: Reading
Make: None
Length: under 3m
I lived in a house in Penmaen Park - overlooking the roundabout at the Penmaenmawr end of the village. Saw the odd car drive literally straight over the roundabout! I guess the drivers must have dozed off on the A55! Had a great time living there but I know what you mean about the rain!
Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 December 2004, 22:15   #72

from what I remember it seemed like quite a sweet little place.....boring as hell for kids........but as you grow up you tend to appreciate slightly different things!

As a child walking along the prom chucking pebbles at my older brothers head and the chippy were the best bit's and then the hill climb back to the house was the worst! (especially since my mam always insisted that we couldn't eat the chips until we got back to the house!)

I haven't been back around that neck of the woods in....christ.....17 years!

I might be able to persuade the Mrs that Zanzibar isn't the place to go next summer and we should go for a "pettal down memory lane tour" and drive around the area again!! (mental note: Yup that'll go down like a sh*t sandwich)
Old 09 December 2004, 22:21   #73

Town: Reading
Make: None
Length: under 3m
I lived there 13 years ago. Maybe you could manage a weekend in the summer? We're hoping to take our boat up. I reckon it'd be cool to explore Great Orme, the Menai Straits and Ynys Mon by RIB.
Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 December 2004, 22:42   #74

Yeah maybe! But getting off the tropical dot is a costly business these days as Charles will confirm.........bl**dy nearly £500 for the car!

Worth a thought though as I haven't done a UK trip this year and as much as love Guernsey I do like the ability to drive for more than 10 miles without falling off the end!

Reminds me of when I was a nipper on the Menai Straits. My dad decided in his great wisdom without telling my mum that a small boat would be a good idea (I should thank him now as this was my first forray into boating).

So off we went to Dickies in Bangor and bought a small nab/dory type thing that was about 9ft long with a 4hp on the back.

Being similar to me, my dad couldn't wait to play with his new toy and so we launched it into the straights somewhere near Beaumaris. We must have timed the launch for slack tide as we pootled around for about half an hour without incident and noticed that we had drifted a little bit down and needed to get back.

He decided on a traversing course to try and at least get through the current which took us about an hour to get from the middle back to dry land on the other side of Beaumaris and no where near a road! Deep joy......we had to carry the bl**dy thing back across the sand for about half a mile.

What made up for it was my mums face.......not happy with the boat, not happy that my dad had bought it and not told her, not happy that he could have killed her two sons (none of us had life jackets on....naughty, naughty) and we were 3 hours late back!

No chips that night! Thanks dad!
Old 09 December 2004, 22:49   #75

Town: here,there,everywher
Make: canoe
Length: no boat
Engine: paddles
Old 10 December 2004, 07:42   #76

Town: Cardigan
Boat name: Bay Explorer/Pioneer
Make: Humber/Quinquari
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2 x ETEC 200hp
Hi Phil,

I'm definitely not a tax inspector. I sit firmly on your side of the fence !
Old 13 December 2004, 15:13   #77

Town: Manchester - Abersoc
Boat name: MeMe
Make: SeaPro 595CC
Engine: Mercury 115 4S
Send a message via MSN to MeMe
Role Call, Who's Coming........

Please take the time to respond to the following points.

1. Please stipulate if you are bringing your RIB or requiring a ride. All comers are welcome but of course, the more boats the merrier.

2. Following the Cruise many will I'm sure, wish to be on their merry way however, if you intend to stay and would like to continue the banter in the Pub, please make your intentions known as others may be stimulated to stay knowing you are also.

3. May I request that all those attending arrive at Pwllheli Marina (RNLI / Harbour Master / Professional Powerboat Training side) as close to 09:00 as possible as we need to take into account the very few daylight hours avalible. Appreciation is given that many will be arriving from afar, this will of course be taken into account however, please attempt to arrive no later than 10:00 as the weather may force us to tow across to Morfa Nefyn which, is some 20 minutes drive from Pwllheli.

With a lot of luck Jono Gorton may allow us to gather in his office, in which case tea and coffee will be avalible, however, if he has paying punters to cater for, may I suggest a Themos Flask. Alternatively, there's a "Snack Shack" a few minutes away serving the usual hot breakfast delights.

4. "Skippers". There will be a briefing to attend prior to departure during which we'll discuss and agree the route, timings and contingencys for the days event. It would assist greatly if all Skippers could have their craft pre-fueled. Although we will not cover more than 75 miles, if you have enough fuel for this range there should be no need to worry about it and you'll feel comfortable throughout the day. (I will have 240 ltrs on board plus 20 in reserve if anyone runs short).

5. I'll be attempting to muster a prompt launch of all those with RIBS. For those who have not launched in Pwllheli before, the slip is long and easy for both 4x4 or car. There will be several experienced local hands avalible so have no fear. In addition, there's plenty of parking space.

6. The facilities (with Jono Gorton's blessing) are super with toilets as well as showers, however, there are no restaurants or cafes so, please bring your own provisions.

7. For the slightly less experienced or if anyone requires a life jacket or advice on what to wear / not to wear please, feel free to ask. However, simply put, just think about keeping warm, dry and afloat and you should be ok.

THE CRUISE.

It's a family cruise not a race, so no mater whether you've a 3.80 with a 30hp on the tail or a 7 metre with twin 150's please, feel free to join in. My intention is that we all leave together and arrive home together. Children, Dogs and Mother-in-Laws welcome.

Our route will be finalised on the day, however, I suggest the following.

A. Weather in our favour - Pwllheli to LLanbedrog - The Warren beach - Abersoch Bay - St Tudwal's Islands (Bear Grylls & Sea Lions) - Porth Ceriad (Fantastic rock formations) - Porth Neigwl (Hells Mouth) - Porth Ysgo - Aberdaron Bay - Bardsey Sound - Bardsey Island circumnavigation with lunch in Lighthouse Harbour. If time permits we could land on Bardsey. - Pwllheli.

B. Pwllheli - Cricceth - Porthmadog - Harlach - Shell Island - Barmouth, lunch on the quay. - Pwllheli.

C. Weather against a Pwllheli launch. We'll trailer to Morfa Nefyn, launch off the beach and mess about in the Bay with lunch at the pub which, is some 5 yards from the waters edge.

I've bound to of missed something so feel free to shout, however and in the meantime, I very much look forward to seeing the names that follow and of course everyone on the 28th.

Fee free to call me, Graeme - 07770 626074
Old 14 December 2004, 10:20   #78

Town: Norfolk/Suffolk Borders
Make: no boat
Reporting for Duty.........

OK unless the weather turns abominable ( cue the snowman jokes ) it wouldn't do that in N.Wales would it ? I'll be bringing La Bamba over for a couple of days , accompanied by a mystery crewman who will no doubt reveal himself ( not literally I hope ) in due course.

That leaves room for two other crew/guests if seats are required. I can offer a lift to one other Essex/ S.E. Ribster if required.

That range of fuel is not a problem for us.

Anyone else coming ,or is it just Graeme and me ?????????
Old 14 December 2004, 10:43   #79

Town: Pwllheli
Just so I can get my facts together!

Is the date Tuesday 28th at Jono G's place at 9am???

If I need it has anyone got any space for me to tag along????

Thanks

Ian J
Old 14 December 2004, 10:47   #80

Town: Norfolk/Suffolk Borders
Make: no boat
Ian , you are welcome on board with us !