Old 16 August 2005, 13:09   #1

Town: Newport
Boat name: none
Make: none
Length: no boat
Engine: none
Can anyone help me with a Rib Charter on the Isle of Wight

Hi, I am a landscape photographer on the Isle of Wight. I want to land on Scratchells bay to photograph the Needles at both Dawn & Dusk (your probably thinking what an idiot already). I have worked out some dates these are Tuesday 18th October 2005 at around 6pm and December 22/23rd at around 7.55am.

I would be interested if anyone can help or who knows where to point me to find someone with a rib who is prepared to land on Scratchells bay about 45mins to an hour before these times and linger as long as possible before the tide consumes the beach again. Would need to keep the boat out of shot, therefore being able to pull it up onto shore and/or getting close to the sea cave would be useful

The weather also plays as factor in the above calculations, as I am looking for a good weather window with a little cloud to make an interesting picture.

Would be grateful to hear from anyone with a local knowledge of the area, I live on the IoW so could easily meet where required. It would also be really great if the same person was able to take me on a recce' to the bay during the day anytime between now & October to confirm my calculations

Look forward to your response
Old 16 August 2005, 13:30   #2

Town: Cowes
Boat name: Tabby Cat
Make: Halmatic
Length: 7m +
Engine: 2 x Yamaha 115
I have sent you a PM.