Old 12 July 2009, 02:20   #11
Town: Dorset & Hants
Boat name: Streaker/Orange
Make: Avon/Ribcraft
Length: 4m +
Engine: 50Yam/25 Mariner
Originally Posted by DizzyLizzy View Post
Currently (10pm Sat night) the forecast for tomorrow is cloud with sunny spells - no rain in sight!
Pete - if we go for Christchurch can you recommend anywhere specific to head for for lunch?
The best place to moor up along side is at the captains club hotel - a quick phone call as you come up river to make sure they know you are coming - I've never been denied & its free. Its a 4knt limit so allow 10mins run up the river. Stick to the channel !

Failing that you can tie up at Mudeford Quay and head in to the pub whos name I forget. ( also free to stop)

The entrance is an easy run over the summer - I have never had any drama when its marked up & once done once its easy to do again. Not sure about runninf beam on to waves - most have dropped away again after rising over the bar.

I now have to gte the puncture fixed on the car , but may head out about 11- 12 ish .

If you come this way let me know , but if not enjoy !

PeterM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2009, 02:50   #12
RIBnet supporter
Town: Crowthorne
Boat name: Black Adder+BabyBlue
Make: Shearwater + Avon
Length: 8m +
Engine: TDi Diesel + Merc 60
MMSI: 235026679
Originally Posted by Avocet View Post
I'm going to give the weather another call in the morning but am keen to go and, all things being equal, fancy the idea of being shouted at by the harbourmaster at Ashlett Creek tomorrow which (weather permitting) should be accessible from 1.15 pm with a view to trying The Jolly Sailor (oo er matron ).

That will give another notch for me (the harbourmaster's shout rather than the jolly sailor!) but perhaps we could meet somewhere beforehand if your're launching earlier?
Nice and sunny now -
Hoping to leave home at 9.30 so should be in the water at about 11.00.
Not sure who will be with me as the kids are still asleep, or where to go so I'll give you a call when we're launching - maybe we can meet in the Yarmouth/Lymington area around mid-day?
Trevor G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2009, 03:41   #13
Town: Poole
Boat name: Grimalkin
Make: Ribcraft 750 Sport
Length: 7m +
Engine: Suzi 250
MMSI: 235050647
Looking out of the window here, it's now mainly broken fluffy white things heading south east at a fair lick across an otherwise blue background.

Like you, the rest of the family is still asleep but I (plus anyone else that's woken up by then!) will be in the Yarmouth/Lymington area around midday and will 'phone/call on 16 (might even try your MMSI!).

Avocet is offline   Reply With Quote