Town: Jersey
Boat name: Archangel
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 6m +
Engine: ETec 225
MMSI: 235063789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Channel Ribs View Post
This trip gets more and more tempting all the time.

Lezardrieux is a lovely spot; well worth a visit in its own right. You sometimes get naval ships moored upstream opposite the marina and you can always stop off at Ile de Brehat on the way out of the river.
Old 25 April 2011, 17:00   #142
RIBnet supporter

Town: Dinard, Brittany
Boat name: Into the Red
Make: Osprey Vipermax
Length: 7m +
Engine: Evinrude E-tec 250HO
MMSI: 235 076 114
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJ0KYZ View Post
Lezardrieux is a lovely spot; well worth a visit in its own right.
The cafe was alright, and I guess the view of the decrepit boatyard (with Evinrude sign) was entertaining enough for an hour or so but I wouldn't say that it was toooo exciting. Perhaps you ventured further inland to a town or something, we didn't go further than the port as we were only there to fuel up on the way back from Plouman'ach to home.
Quote:
You sometimes get naval ships moored upstream opposite the marina
On the other hand, that would definitely be interesting, have you been a couple of times then?
Quote:
you can always stop off at Ile de Brehat on the way out of the river.
Yes, that was a great place, we spent two nights on Brehat. Really, really nice place. Requires a tender though! Will dig out a couple of pics of Brehat later. It truly was special
Old 25 April 2011, 17:21   #143

I meant the little town itself was very picturesque as was the walk to it. I've only been there once but the was a small French navy ship moored opposite; they get quite a few apparently. Brehat looked very nice on the way out. We didn't go ashore but it looks like a more upmarket version of Chausey.
Old 25 April 2011, 17:34   #144
RIBnet supporter

RIBase
Quote:
I meant the little town itself was very picturesque as was the walk to it.
Sounds good then Lunch there on the way, overnight in Pontrieux then lunch on Brehat the following day before home then
Quote:
We didn't go ashore but it looks like a more upmarket version of Chausey.
I guess you could say that, but there are cars and it's a proper "place" unlike Chausey.

'course, you've never been down the Rance yet have you? Down to Dinan isn't difficult and in places that would really pleasure your shallow fetish Further even, now that we're both CEVNI. The Jackeens and other have followed the Rance and connecting rivers all the way through Rennes and down to the south of Brittany before, that would be fun! I think the big Ring in La Collette did a write up about it in RIB int a while back too. + Bittentobuggery's write up on here To which there is a linky here.
Old 25 April 2011, 19:31   #145

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotchiguy View Post
Sounds good then Lunch there on the way, overnight in Pontrieux then lunch on Brehat the following day before home then

I guess you could say that, but there are cars and it's a proper "place" unlike Chausey.

'course, you've never been down the Rance yet have you? Down to Dinan isn't difficult and in places that would really pleasure your shallow fetish Further even, now that we're both CEVNI. The Jackeens and other have followed the Rance and connecting rivers all the way through Rennes and down to the south of Brittany before, that would be fun! I think the big Ring in La Collette did a write up about it in RIB int a while back too. + Bittentobuggery's write up on here To which there is a linky here.
I have been up the Rance but only as far as St. Suliac. Dinan does look nice; I had planned to go there this year with the warrf. The rib you mentioned is called "Dragon"; I don't know the owner nor if he reads this forum. He has been to MSt.M although that was a few years ago now. There was a delightfully dramatic account of the trip in RIB magazine and yes, he has also been around the Brittany pennisula and back through the Rance via the canal system. That trip was in RIB magazine as well although part II hasn't appeared yet.
Old 25 April 2011, 20:53   #146
RIBnet supporter

RIBase
Quote:
I have been up the Rance but only as far as St. Suliac. Dinan does look nice; I had planned to go there this year with the warrf. The rib you mentioned is called "Dragon"; I don't know the owner nor if he reads this forum. He has been to MSt.M although that was a few years ago now. There was a delightfully dramatic account of the trip in RIB magazine and yes, he has also been around the Brittany pennisula and back through the Rance via the canal system. That trip was in RIB magazine as well although part II hasn't appeared yet.
For you that would definitely be an overnighter I reckon. Not due to the distances involved, but the pain that is both tidal and non-tidel rance and its locks. We've been to Dinan countless times in the car and a few times by boat (tho never the VM).

In our first year boating we launched at Dinan, went through the lock (Chatelier) and came all the way up to the barrage. Six or seven hours I think it was (if not longer) in our Cadet 2.6m with Mercury 3.3 (now tender to the VM ). We did it again in the Pro once all the way from St Malo in a day, which made things a bit more comfortable and when we had the Pro on the drystack for a year (for various reasons) we went down once or twice, but that was easy 'cos the drystack was well down the river.

In the VM I reckon we could put the airbed on the front deck and sleep through most of it . Or else get one of the Dutch VM sunpads...
Quote:
The rib you mentioned is called "Dragon"; I don't know the owner nor if he reads this forum. He has been to MSt.M although that was a few years ago now. There was a delightfully dramatic account of the trip in RIB magazine and yes, he has also been around the Brittany pennisula and back through the Rance via the canal system. That trip was in RIB magazine as well although part II hasn't appeared yet.
Yep, we're waiting on Part II too, I wonder if it will ever come now! We've seen Dragon in her place a few times in La Collette, it is a pretty huge boat and it's no wonder they have difficulty fuelling up, 1000 litres!? That's nearly as much as Matt's

I don't know whether you'd be game but I may be alone in Dinard with GM for stretches in the summer so it may help my withdrawal symptoms if I could be a passenger with you down to Dinan one day?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4240_0_199 [800x600].JPG
Views:	172
Size:	154.2 KB
ID:	58689  
Old 09 July 2011, 10:27   #147

Town: Alderney
Length: no boat
Channel Islands Marine Mammal Watch

On Sunday the 17th of July between 10 am and 12 noon anyone with a view of the sea around the islands is invited to report any marine life they spot on the surface.

There is a Facebook event on the Channel RIBs page and an online form here:

Marine life reporting form

If you are out and about, please do take part.

The form can be used at any time, the event is to get as many reports in a two hour snapshot as poss.
Old 16 July 2011, 07:41   #148

Quote:
Originally Posted by Channel Ribs View Post
On Sunday the 17th of July between 10 am and 12 noon anyone with a view of the sea around the islands is invited to report any marine life they spot on the surface.
This has been postponed due to poor visibility forecast for tomorrow.
Old 16 July 2011, 07:58   #149

Town: A large rock
Boat name: La Frette
Engine: 200 Suzzy
....and the 6 to 9 foot waves forecast too....
Erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2011, 10:55   #150

http://www.rib.net/forum/f18/st-vaas...1-a-43141.html