Old 17 August 2005, 21:35   #1

Length: 6m +
Anyone fancy cowes with the new pompey uni rib on Saturday?

Hi All!

As part of my run in program for the new pompey uni sailing club rib 3 of us are planning on leaving Langstone harbour (Tudor Sailing Club - up by the outdoor centre) at about 1700hrs on Saturday 20th August. We then want to head out of the harbour, and follow whatever passage plan I work out/make up in a sort of ryde like direction, eventually ending up in cowes.

We aren't planning on hammering it along - being in a 4.8m Rib with a 60 on the back she isn't up to truly rough stuff, but we want to arrive in cowes sort of 1930 - 2000 ish, having had a vague pootle/play en route first. Once in Cowes, we are planning on mooring in the place you always see ribs just before you get to the marinas, and popping ashore for dinner/liquid sustenance.

Thus fortified, we will then head back to Langstone harbour, most likely taking a fairly direct and speedyish route.

Obviously this entire plan is very much dependant on the weather, and it looks good at the moment, but this may change.

If any localish Ribnetters would like to join us for all or part of the trip we would be very glad of the company, especially as our engine is not fully run in yet, and it's only a little rib! If you fancy showing 3 students how to do it ribnet stylee, please either post a reply here, or pm me and I'll give you my mobly number. My e-mail address is james@daviescoaching.co.uk. Also, if there is anyone boatless around, another 1 person would balance out our little ribcraft quite happily, so please make yourself known!

All the best!
Old 17 August 2005, 22:14   #2

Town: I.O.W/Switzerland
Boat name: HotShot
Make: shakey
Length: 5m +
Engine: 90hp Tohatsu TLDI
I may be around in cowes as its the cowes classic powerboat festival. You are however arriving a little late so may have gone home by then! I'll look out for you.

Tim
Old 18 August 2005, 10:48   #3

Length: 6m +
We'll keep a lookout for you! Where will you be heading back to after the festival?
Old 18 August 2005, 12:23   #4

Town: I.O.W/Switzerland
Boat name: HotShot
Make: shakey
Length: 5m +
Engine: 90hp Tohatsu TLDI
My house near Yarmouth on the island