Boat name: Into the Red
Make: Osprey Vipermax
Length: 7m +
Engine: Evinrude E-tec 250HO
MMSI: 235 076 114
RIBase
Anyone around Jersey tomorrow?

Hi again,

We came over from St Malo where we are based on Wednesday, and went up to les echrous and gorey this afternoon, just wondering if there were any ribnetters around tomorrow afternoon for a bit of a blast? (we're moored in St helier so can't get out until 12 unless we move the boat out at 5am, so probably only available in the afternoon)

gotchi

P.S. We found martini II lookin very potent round in la collette too!!
Old 08 April 2010, 17:51   #2

Town: jersey
Boat name: Martini II
Make: Arctic 28/FC470
Length: 8m +
Engine: twin 225Opti/50hp 2t
MMSI: 235067688
Thanks! although I've only got 11 cylinders running at the mo, new coil driver at the post office awaiting collection.

I'll be down straight after work to fit parts (5 min job) then a quick test drive if you're still around
Old 08 April 2010, 19:06   #3

Town: A large rock
Boat name: La Frette
Length: 6m +
Engine: 200 Suzzy
Would love to, but sadly can't. My boat is still in winter hibernation in the back garden. Will be launching towards the end of the month as insurance for my mooring doesn't kick in until May
Old 08 April 2010, 19:36   #4

Town: Jersey
Boat name: Archangel
Make: Ribcraft
Engine: ETec 225
MMSI: 235063789
I can't make tomorrow either as I'm working, but I will be out early Saturday morning taking some local birdwatchers to Les Minquiers so they can ring the shags. I may see you at sea or in the marina.
Old 09 April 2010, 09:53   #5
RIBnet supporter

Town: Dinard, Brittany
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by martini View Post
Thanks! although I've only got 11 cylinders running at the mo, new coil driver at the post office awaiting collection.

I'll be down straight after work to fit parts (5 min job) then a quick test drive if you're still around

Thank you Erin and GJwhateveritis shame we cant meet this time, but i hope in the summer to be over regularly so i hope we could do something then. GJ im afraid Im returning to st malo today, i doubt whether ill be around tomorrow but if i do go out ill probably go out to the minquiers or chausey.

What time do you finish work martini? Sunset is at 1950 (english) and st malo shuts at 19(eng) so i'd like to leave at about 1730 latest. If you were around then maybe we xould run out to the minquiers before you head back?
Old 09 April 2010, 20:32   #6
RIBnet supporter

Town: Dinard, Brittany
RIBase
Really great we did manage to meet up in the end Matt, thank you for showing us the exact waypoints for Minquiers. It was also good to see Archangel about, maybe in summer we could have a few runs...

Over these past couple of days the fuel consumption on the e-tec has been fantastic, coming up from St Malo on Wednesday (fairly rough) 33miles, a blast yesterday up to Echrous and down via Gorey, and a good high speed blast today all added up to only 130 litres having been used. Its a bit of a pain not having an accurate fuel gauge meaning we always have to top off to know how much we've used, there is a marked change in performance with full compared to half tanks.

A quick photo of Martini II at the Minquiers...

Old 10 April 2010, 06:20   #7

Town: Alderney
Length: no boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJ0KYZ View Post
... taking some local birdwatchers to Les Minquiers so they can ring the shags.
Do you have to get any permissions from the States or Harbour Office for that kind of trip?

Our local birders have had terrible trouble with boating activities and have ended up coding their boat in order to satisfy the regs, so it would be nice to know if Jersey is more relaxed?
Old 10 April 2010, 11:35   #8

Town: Jersey
Boat name: Archangel
Make: Ribcraft
Engine: ETec 225
MMSI: 235063789
Quote:
Originally Posted by malthouse View Post
Do you have to get any permissions from the States or Harbour Office for that kind of trip?

Our local birders have had terrible trouble with boating activities and have ended up coding their boat in order to satisfy the regs, so it would be nice to know if Jersey is more relaxed?

No, I take them down myself as I've known them for years. I just let Jersey Coastguard know because when people see birds being trapped they may think we're trying to harm them. The ringers mentioned that permission is required from the Alderney authorities to land on Garden Rocks (have landed their myself years ago to help ring gannets) and Ortac.
Old 10 April 2010, 12:13   #9

Town: Alderney
Length: no boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJ0KYZ View Post
No, I take them down myself as I've known them for years. I just let Jersey Coastguard know because when people see birds being trapped they may think we're trying to harm them. The ringers mentioned that permission is required from the Alderney authorities to land on Garden Rocks (have landed their myself years ago to help ring gannets) and Ortac.
Interesting, thanks

I think the thing here is not just the permission to land but also that bird ringing is not considered a recreational activity and so comes under coding.