Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 25 February 2014, 16:14   #281
Member
 
freespirit3's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: West Midlands
Boat name: Freespirit
Make: Redbay
Length: 6m +
Engine: Suzuki DF 140
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Caton View Post
most will be starting from Chris Ty Calch's slip just outside Caernarfon, there's a travel lodge & premier inn etc in Caernafon
So if we aim for being local to Caernarfon that would be ok?

Is there parking and a slip

Oh and one other question, do you head clockwise or anti clockwise, kids are driving me mad for info, and how many miles approx so I can plan for fuel, boat has 180L fuel tank

Thank you for your patience
__________________

__________________
freespirit3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2014, 16:20   #282
Member
 
Barrowboy's Avatar
 
Country: Ireland
Town: Galway
Boat name: Top Banana
Make: Scorpion 9m
Length: 9m +
Engine: Yamaha 421STI
MMSI: Yeah right!
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,161
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by freespirit3 View Post
how many miles approx so I can plan for fuel, boat has 180L fuel tank
Don't know what engine you've got but 180 litres should be adequate.

180 litres might see Nugent only halfway round though from what we hear!
__________________

__________________
Barrowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2014, 16:34   #283
RIBnet supporter
 
Chris Caton's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Wirral & Caernarfon
Boat name: That's Enuff
Make: Revenger & Avon SR4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Honda 150HP & 50HP
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by freespirit3 View Post
So if we aim for being local to Caernarfon that would be ok?

Is there parking and a slip

Oh and one other question, do you head clockwise or anti clockwise, kids are driving me mad for info, and how many miles approx so I can plan for fuel, boat has 180L fuel tank

Thank you for your patience
yes, local to Caernarfon would be ideal, are you looking at hotels or b&b?

yes, Chris Ty Calch has an excellent slip and tractor launching, think it was 15 last season which includes car/trailer parking and launch/recovery, plus Chris will keep an eye on your car and trailer while your out, still don't know how they work out which trailer to get when you come back, amazing

clockwise, or anti clockwise, guess it will be a decision on the day unless Mr T has a cunning plan, though I doubt it knowing Mr T

it's approx 85 miles round the island, depending on which way round you go, hopefully 180l will get you round with loads to spare, think I used around 100l last year and that was on a touch rough day so with smoother water should do better

by the way, kids are meant to drive us mad, our son is 26 n he's worse now than when was 6
__________________
Chris Caton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2014, 16:49   #284
Member
 
freespirit3's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: West Midlands
Boat name: Freespirit
Make: Redbay
Length: 6m +
Engine: Suzuki DF 140
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrowboy View Post
Don't know what engine you've got but 180 litres should be adequate.

180 litres might see Nugent only halfway round though from what we hear!
The engine is a suzuki df140, hull length 6m, normally uses a litre per mile average cruise speed

Fuel might be better though (fingers crossed) as I moved the engine up two holes at the weekend to get the cav plate level with the base of hull
__________________
freespirit3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2014, 16:55   #285
Member
 
tony t's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: west mids /tywyn
Boat name: HAWK
Make: RIBCRAFT/ Suzuki 250
Length: 7m +
Engine: Tohatsu 3.8/15hpsuzi
MMSI: 235086594
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Caton View Post
, guess it will be a decision on the day unless Mr T has a cunning plan, though I doubt it knowing Mr T it's approx 85 miles round the island, depending on which way round:
Chris I know I'd forgotten something mate thanks I best get to work on it
__________________
When you get to the end of your rope..tie a knot and hang on..!!
Aberdovey Ribs
B.I.O.C.Member
B.S. LEADER
tony t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2014, 16:58   #286
Member
 
tony t's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: west mids /tywyn
Boat name: HAWK
Make: RIBCRAFT/ Suzuki 250
Length: 7m +
Engine: Tohatsu 3.8/15hpsuzi
MMSI: 235086594
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by freespirit3 View Post
The engine is a suzuki df140, hull length 6m, normally uses a litre per mile average cruise speed Fuel might be better though (fingers crossed) as I moved the engine up two holes at the weekend to get the cav plate level with the base of hull
Same engine as me I've been round a few times in all weather and never used more than 90lts
__________________
When you get to the end of your rope..tie a knot and hang on..!!
Aberdovey Ribs
B.I.O.C.Member
B.S. LEADER
tony t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2014, 17:04   #287
RIBnet supporter
 
Chris Caton's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Wirral & Caernarfon
Boat name: That's Enuff
Make: Revenger & Avon SR4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Honda 150HP & 50HP
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony t View Post
Chris I know I'd forgotten something mate thanks I best get to work on it
can't be that hard, launch at Chris's, turn left or right, plan sorted only problem I can see is we will be missing a vital navigational aid as the cardinal buoy won't be in place by then
__________________
Chris Caton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2014, 17:14   #288
Member
 
HUMBER P4VWL's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: N Wales Chester
Boat name: Mr Smith
Make: Humber
Length: 6m +
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Caton View Post
can't be that hard, launch at Chris's, turn left or right, plan sorted only problem I can see is we will be missing a vital navigational aid as the cardinal buoy won't be in place by then
LOL

Follow the tide in clockwise round the island, follow it out anticlockwise. Simples. If it's running at 3-4 knots you'll save some fuel.
__________________
HUMBER P4VWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2014, 22:08   #289
RIBnet supporter
 
Chris Caton's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Wirral & Caernarfon
Boat name: That's Enuff
Make: Revenger & Avon SR4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Honda 150HP & 50HP
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by freespirit3 View Post
Is there parking and a slip
knew I forgotten something postcode & directions for Ty Calch are :

LL545RA

from Caernarfon take the A487 towards Pwhelli, past Tescos straight over the roundabout then take the 1st right then immediately right, follow this road past Coed Helen caravan park, past the castle on your right hand side, past Caernarfon Golf Course, slip is approx 1/2 mile on from golf course

Chris's phone no is 07917859345
__________________
Chris Caton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2014, 00:11   #290
RIBnet supporter
 
nugent's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Bromsgrove
Boat name: Kick-Ass !
Make: PAC/Artic 22
Length: 6m +
Engine: 250hp Yamaha
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 3,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrowboy View Post

Don't know what engine you've got but 180 litres should be adequate.

180 litres might see Nugent only halfway round though from what we hear!
Lol it is a worrying factor @ WOT 16 gallon ish per Hr, 72.656-cough ltrs

and a glug or two of oil,,, bloody great hobby so glad I am not a smoker
__________________

MY BIGGEST WORRY IS THAT MY WIFE(WHEN I"M DEAD)WILL SELL MY TOY'S FOR WHAT I SAID I PAID FOR THEM.
nugent is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:11.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.