Town: Kings Lynn
Boat name: Blow 'N' Away
Make: Coastline
Length: 7m +
Engine: Suzuki 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by malthouse View Post
What he said.

By the way, the barbecue is coming on well... So far it features a very large wheel and the casing from an anti-tank mine.

I did some welding this avo that would make Martini weep!
Pictures :-)
Old 09 January 2011, 07:16   #82

Town: Alderney
Length: no boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Cannell View Post
Pictures :-)
I will try and get one today
Old 09 January 2011, 09:44   #83
RIBnet supporter

Town: Dinard, Brittany
Boat name: Into the Red
Make: Osprey Vipermax
Engine: Evinrude E-tec 250HO
MMSI: 235 076 114
RIBase
Posted on sportbotenforum.nl here. And on Cap Breizh here. Hopefully I'll get a good response (one guy on Cap Breizh planning to launch from Carteret and join us in St. Helier already). I will also invite my uncle to join us So the famous Osprey Owners Association webmaster may be turning up in a 27ft Sealine coming in the wrong direction. (Into would come up anyway though I hope)
Old 09 January 2011, 10:31   #84
RIBnet supporter

Town: Poole
Boat name: Black Adder+BabyBlue
Make: Shearwater + Avon
Length: 8m +
Engine: TDi Diesel + Merc 60
MMSI: 235026679
Back to the original subject....

Hi Guys
We're definitely intending to come along again as usual - but 22nd July is the last day of term for the kids so unless we bunk them off early we may come across on Friday afternoon or Saturday morning.
We are still intending spending at least a couple of weeks cruising in the Channel Island/French coast area this summer but as to exactly when depends on Scout camp timings.
For a good plan "B" we've done the last weekend of Alderney Week before (6th August) and camped - the camp site always seems to have space, and the kids (big and small) loved the end of week procession and fireworks. Tents can (or used to be able to be) rented from the campsite so it needn't be much hassle as it's just somewhere to sleep.
Trev
Old 09 January 2011, 12:00   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor G View Post
... the camp site always seems to have space, and the kids (big and small) loved the end of week procession and fireworks. Tents can (or used to be able to be) rented from the campsite so it needn't be much hassle as it's just somewhere to sleep.
A good point Trevor, they still do have tents you can use. The camp site is a great option.
Old 09 January 2011, 12:02   #86

Town: A large rock
Boat name: La Frette
Length: 6m +
Engine: 200 Suzzy
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotchiguy View Post
And on Cap Breizh here. Hopefully I'll get a good response (one guy on Cap Breizh planning to launch from Carteret and join us in St. Helier already).
Well I think I got the gist of most of the French. Looks like there's a few interested parties. I guess we'll be taking Alderney by storm!
Erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 January 2011, 12:18   #87

Town: jersey
Boat name: Martini II
Make: Arctic 28/FC470
Engine: twin 225Opti/50hp 2t
MMSI: 235067688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin View Post
Well I think I got the gist of most of the French. Looks like there's a few interested parties. I guess we'll be taking Alderney by storm!
Not quite sure there'll be 70 boats but if we have 50 interested now then that should guarantee 5 on the day!
Old 09 January 2011, 12:45   #88
RIBnet supporter

RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by martini View Post
Not quite sure there'll be 70 boats but if we have 50 interested now then that should guarantee 5 on the day!
Haha no it's 70 people I said! I doubt well get 70 boats the harbourmaster mightn't be too happy with 5 to each buoy!! I'm really going to have a crack at making this year massive. You've already g'eed up the stiffs, Jean-charles & me will prspectively both be leaving from St Malo together picking up a guy from carteret en route. The Dutch have already said they're interested an after my post one of the guys has put a more detailed google maps picture and done some basic distance calcs: hardcore 750km by sea, normal people trailer to cean or so then come round. I'm not sure there will be many cap breizh 'cos they've mostly got sub 5m boats.

I know it's 6months away, but getting people to put it intheir diaries early = more chance of coming. I look forward to meeting you all
Old 10 January 2011, 10:10   #89

Town: Southampton
Boat name: Joka-Tu
Make: Monterey
Engine: Inboard
Blimey what a busy thread. I've been away over the weekend, thought I'd pop back and there's another 4 pages to read

Anyway, gotchiladdie, all weapons away and I look forward to meeting you all in the summer. I'm hoping for 4 boats from our group. We'll fit in with whatever you tell us to do in terms of mooring etc. We're all capable of 25 - 30 knots sustained cruising, if the Hunton can throttle back that far

I'll make sure that all boats have the requisite safety kit and all make their own passage plans so that they all know what is expected.

I see Cookee is threatening to bring something fast and furious from the West Country. Should be interesting.
Old 10 January 2011, 10:25   #90

Town: Jersey
Boat name: t/t
Make: Honda
Length: under 3m
Official Event Threads

Would it be a good idea to start a definitive thread that only admin / specific people could post to so any confirmed details can be easily found ie dates, activities, essential info etc etc rather than having to go through 100's of posts ?? This method could then be used for all events. The secondary threads could continue with gossip/questions/slagging other forums.

Welcome Jokaboat, I have a hard boat as ribs are useless for catching Lobster! I will admit to spending many a happy hour on Ribs too, the quicker I jump overboard, even better .

I want to come but need time off work, a RIB and maybe a permission, not sure which will be trickiest??

If the BBQ is near sheltered water, dinghy racing (without an engine is always entertaining and anyone can take part. A simple course round some buoys and round Island for Gotchiladdie ??
Old 10 January 2011, 10:49   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlT View Post
Would it be a good idea to start a definitive thread that only admin / specific people could post to
I think the problem there is that most of the 100's of posts have actually been made by those of us that will be involved in the organising and would need posting rights on the 'locked' thread. It would just end up the same loquacious waffle.

Quote:
If the BBQ is near sheltered water, dinghy racing (without an engine is always entertaining and anyone can take part. A simple course round some buoys and round Island for Gotchiladdie ??
Sheltered water.... Alderney?
Old 10 January 2011, 11:49   #92
RIBnet supporter

RIBase
Although I know that I do cross the line a bit sometimes - sorry SB&R lot - I can be serious, and have given a little bit of thought to what Karl suggests. I think the best way to do it will be a PDF. We can add dates, planned event, possible events and all relevant contact details. Ie. for Martin and all the hotels around. If we do have 70 people, hotels will be booked up pretty quick I'd guess.

The beauty of the PDF document idea is that it can be printed out easily for people to pass onto friends etc. If you think it's a good idea then I'll set one up tonight, Martin and Keith could then pass on relevant contact details for themselves and also for hotels and pubs etc. Waddaya reckon?
Old 10 January 2011, 12:12   #93

Quote:
Would it be a good idea to start a definitive thread that only admin / specific people could post to so any confirmed details can be easily found ie dates, activities, essential info etc etc rather than having to go through 100's of posts ??
I usually put key info on a dedicated Floptilla page on our web site, happy to do that again as things come together.

The page currently has a slide show of photos from the 2010 event.

Could do the same for the Paris run too, btw.
Old 10 January 2011, 12:13   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotchiguy View Post
I think the best way to do it will be a PDF. We can add dates, planned event, possible events and all relevant contact details.
Tim usually prepares a contact sheet for all involved, as above I am more than happy to add that to the web site and keep it updated.
Old 10 January 2011, 12:15   #95

Quote:
If the BBQ is near sheltered water, dinghy racing (without an engine is always entertaining and anyone can take part.
Longis Bay springs to mind.
Old 10 January 2011, 13:05   #96

All good ideas

Some kind of head page or link to a page managed by small group or Martin via his website etc or as Gotchi suggested a pdf that can be hosted online.

To include

Dates

BBQ time / location / guide as to what you need
Yacht Club Rendezvous / Fish & Chips
Planned cruises with a very basic indication of nav (ie distances round trip Dielette)
Tide times for Alderney for the proposed dates ( very small tides 23/24 July)

Is it possible to get discount on fuel if Rib.net attendees agree with them the Ribs will all be between say 8 - 9 am for Petrol and will raft at the fuel 2 / 3 deep until all boats rafted are full before moving on (much quicker as very little time wasted with the pump not running)
Old 10 January 2011, 13:08   #97

Quote:
Dates

BBQ time / location / guide as to what you need
Yacht Club Rendezvous / Fish & Chips
Planned cruises with a very basic indication of nav
Tide times for Alderney for the proposed dates
Yep, just like the last two years.

Also included was a basic guide to the harbour, with both map and mariners eye views.
Old 10 January 2011, 15:09   #98

Quote:
Yep, just like the last two years.

Also included was a basic guide to the harbour, with both map and mariners eye views.

Sorry, forgot you had been there & got the T shirt but not yet finished the BBQ
Old 10 January 2011, 15:28   #99

Town: jersey
Boat name: Martini II
Make: Arctic 28/FC470
Engine: twin 225Opti/50hp 2t
MMSI: 235067688
The date seems to be pretty much agreed, once Malthouse has his Floptilla page up and running hopefully we can get a mod to add the date to the thread title and a link to the page in the 1st post.
Old 10 January 2011, 15:54   #100

Quote:
Is it possible to get discount on fuel if Rib.net attendees agree with them the Ribs will all be between say 8 - 9 am for Petrol and will raft at the fuel 2 / 3 deep until all boats rafted are full before moving on (much quicker as very little time wasted with the pump not running)
No petrol on pump, only diesel sadly.

I agree that Martin's Floptilla page would be a good place for the latest info, if he doesn't mind keeping on top of it. The dates are agreed, and the activities can be added in due course.

Quote:
Longis Bay springs to mind.
Hmmm, convenient for you I suppose . Not sure about everyone else dragging their dinghy round there. Even worse if the tide's out.