Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 08 July 2011, 09:36   #341
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: southampton
Make: Stinger
Length: 8m +
Engine: Twin Suzuki 175's
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 11
Is everyone leaving Friday and coming back sunday?
__________________

__________________
nathanh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 July 2011, 09:38   #342
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southampton
Boat name: Joka-Tu
Make: Monterey
Length: 6m +
Engine: Inboard
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 107
Remind me of the food plan again. Is it Chippy on the Friday and bbq on the Saturday? What time would you be firing up the bbq? Is would make sense for us to join you just to be sociable.

Is it a bring your own with the beer / food or is there going to be a kitty (those cats again) donation?
__________________

__________________
jokaboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 July 2011, 09:40   #343
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southampton
Boat name: Joka-Tu
Make: Monterey
Length: 6m +
Engine: Inboard
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanh1 View Post
Is everyone leaving Friday and coming back sunday?
All of us SB&R gang are, not sure about t'others.
__________________
jokaboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 July 2011, 09:42   #344
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: southampton
Make: Stinger
Length: 8m +
Engine: Twin Suzuki 175's
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokaboat View Post
All of us SB&R gang are, not sure about t'others.
Okay thats great as long as one other is im happy!
__________________
nathanh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 July 2011, 09:47   #345
Member
 
Channel Ribs's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Channel Islands
Town: Alderney
Length: no boat
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokaboat View Post
Remind me of the food plan again. Is it Chippy on the Friday and bbq on the Saturday? What time would you be firing up the bbq? Is would make sense for us to join you just to be sociable.

Is it a bring your own with the beer / food or is there going to be a kitty (those cats again) donation?
2011 Floptilla Cruise

I keep tweaking that page as things get firmed up, so worth keeping an eye on it.

At the moment though:

Friday afternoon - drinkies at the Sailing Club

Friday evening - Chippy (BYO with an offie round the corner)

Saturday daytime - who knows!

Saturday evening - BBQ (again BYO but we will collect anything paid for at the offie in the afternoon)

You are most welcome to join us for the BBQ as well as the Chippy, but we could do with regular updates on numbers. We are hoping to collect money for the Chippy and BBQ from everyone on the Friday afternoon (about 15 quid each for both meals)
__________________
Channel Ribs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 July 2011, 09:58   #346
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southampton
Boat name: Joka-Tu
Make: Monterey
Length: 6m +
Engine: Inboard
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Channel Ribs View Post
2011 Floptilla Cruise

I keep tweaking that page as things get firmed up, so worth keeping an eye on it.

At the moment though:

Friday afternoon - drinkies at the Sailing Club

Friday evening - Chippy (BYO with an offie round the corner)

Saturday daytime - who knows!

Saturday evening - BBQ (again BYO but we will collect anything paid for at the offie in the afternoon)

You are most welcome to join us for the BBQ as well as the Chippy, but we could do with regular updates on numbers. We are hoping to collect money for the Chippy and BBQ from everyone on the Friday afternoon (about 15 quid each for both meals)


We'll be there. Promise I'll post as soon as any changes to numbers take place.
__________________
jokaboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 July 2011, 10:10   #347
Member
 
Channel Ribs's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Channel Islands
Town: Alderney
Length: no boat
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokaboat View Post


Are you going to meet up with the others at Allum Bay (c1100)?
__________________
Channel Ribs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 July 2011, 10:16   #348
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southampton
Boat name: Joka-Tu
Make: Monterey
Length: 6m +
Engine: Inboard
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Channel Ribs View Post


Are you going to meet up with the others at Allum Bay (c1100)?
Sort of makes sense, the only possible variation is that we're meeting 2 boats at a waypoint yet to be agreed on the way across. Not too much of a deviation though as they're coming from Poole.

The more the merrier as far as I am concerned
__________________
jokaboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 July 2011, 10:44   #349
Member
 
Channel Ribs's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Channel Islands
Town: Alderney
Length: no boat
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokaboat View Post
Not too much of a deviation though as they're coming from Poole.
It might be easiest for them to meet everyone at the Needles SWM, but as noted earlier the mobile phone coverage is at the very limit by there.
__________________
Channel Ribs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 July 2011, 10:56   #350
RIBnet supporter
 
Trevor G's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Crowthorne
Boat name: Black Adder+BabyBlue
Make: Shearwater + Avon
Length: 8m +
Engine: TDi Diesel + Merc 60
MMSI: 235026679
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 837
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanh1 View Post
I would also be coming from Southampton, anyone else local coming along?
We'll be starting from Southampton Dry Stack so I'm sure we can co-ordinate our timings to meet up in Southampton.

If you have trouble finding crew, my brother (Phil) is coming with us so we'll have spare bodies if you want company on-board.

Regarding fuel - you can always top-up in Yarmouth so the distance between fuel stops isn't Southampton to Alderney!

Trevor
__________________
Trevor G is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:52.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.