Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 05 August 2010, 17:30   #31
Member
 
martini's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Channel Islands
Town: jersey
Boat name: Martini II
Make: Arctic 28/FC470
Length: 8m +
Engine: twin 225Opti/50hp 2t
MMSI: 235067688
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 3,021
Motor's sorted, boat back in the water ready to rock and roll

What a difference a clean bottom makes too, zipping around like a little sports car now

Is everyone still keen or not? Current forecast is W F4 saturday, NW F2-3 Sunday. I'm on my own so plenty of room for passengers if that's preferable to anyone?
__________________

__________________
martini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 August 2010, 17:43   #32
RIBnet supporter
 
Erin's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Channel Islands
Town: A large rock
Boat name: La Frette
Make: Osprey Vipermax
Length: 6m +
Engine: 200 Suzzy
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 2,830
I haven't made a final decision yet, so will be keeping a keen eye on the forecast tomorrow. If it's not going to be that great weatherwise and only a short weekend for me, I may give it a miss. Presumably you'll be going up Sat am and returning Sun pm?
__________________
Erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 August 2010, 18:04   #33
Member
 
martini's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Channel Islands
Town: jersey
Boat name: Martini II
Make: Arctic 28/FC470
Length: 8m +
Engine: twin 225Opti/50hp 2t
MMSI: 235067688
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 3,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin View Post
Presumably you'll be going up Sat am and returning Sun pm?
That's the plan unless the weather suggests different. But if the weather ends up not that great then Casquets will be out and there won't be much point in going. Apart from seeing my good buddy Malthouse et famille of course
__________________
martini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 August 2010, 02:19   #34
Member
 
Channel Ribs's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Channel Islands
Town: Alderney
Length: no boat
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by martini View Post
That's the plan unless the weather suggests different.
Obviously no fun if the weather is rubbish, there is still a concern with a troublesome low pressure in the NE Atlantic but Windfinder's Alderney forecast for Sat & Sun is very good - 6 knots on Sunday morning.

Also don't forget the none lighthouse related stuff, I am sure Jersey has something bigger/better/brasher/bolder & brighter but Saturday evening is the torchlit procession and bonfire.
__________________
Channel Ribs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 August 2010, 12:08   #35
RIBnet supporter
 
Erin's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Channel Islands
Town: A large rock
Boat name: La Frette
Make: Osprey Vipermax
Length: 6m +
Engine: 200 Suzzy
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 2,830
Looking at the weather, it's still borderline as to whether it's worth coming up. If there was some sunshine guaranteed then that'd make the decision slightly easier.

My final decision will be Sat morning when I have a look out the window to see what it's like and find out whether Matt went or not.
__________________
Erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 August 2010, 15:12   #36
Member
 
martini's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Channel Islands
Town: jersey
Boat name: Martini II
Make: Arctic 28/FC470
Length: 8m +
Engine: twin 225Opti/50hp 2t
MMSI: 235067688
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 3,021
Looks like it'll improve during the day if anything. I'm in no rush so I could hold off and come up with you, what time do you float tomorrow?
__________________
martini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 August 2010, 15:23   #37
RIBnet supporter
 
Erin's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Channel Islands
Town: A large rock
Boat name: La Frette
Make: Osprey Vipermax
Length: 6m +
Engine: 200 Suzzy
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 2,830
About 3pm. We'll most probably have a nose out to see what it's like. If it's going to be choppy, we may well turn back. Jerseymet is not as optimistic as windfinder.
__________________
Erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 August 2010, 16:54   #38
Member
 
martini's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Channel Islands
Town: jersey
Boat name: Martini II
Make: Arctic 28/FC470
Length: 8m +
Engine: twin 225Opti/50hp 2t
MMSI: 235067688
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 3,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin View Post
About 3pm. We'll most probably have a nose out to see what it's like. If it's going to be choppy, we may well turn back. Jerseymet is not as optimistic as windfinder.
Met says 3-4 for tomorrow, the F5 refers to tonight I think. Like you say final decision when we get out there. Send me a text tomorrow if you like, we can always meet up beforehand and decide together
__________________
martini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 August 2010, 17:23   #39
RIBnet supporter
 
Erin's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Channel Islands
Town: A large rock
Boat name: La Frette
Make: Osprey Vipermax
Length: 6m +
Engine: 200 Suzzy
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 2,830
Okey dokey, may well pop up the north coast with the bino's and take a peer out early afternoon.
__________________
Erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 August 2010, 18:28   #40
RIBnet supporter
 
Erin's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Channel Islands
Town: A large rock
Boat name: La Frette
Make: Osprey Vipermax
Length: 6m +
Engine: 200 Suzzy
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 2,830
Forecast's improved slightly. Moderate reducing to slight. Should be ok, but depends on swell.

Sad indictment really, 10pm, friday night and we're both on Ribnet! And writing coherently too. Ought to get out more :-)
__________________
Erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:59.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.