I was thinking along the same lines as Malthouse re tides, by my calculations 07.30ish the NE stream should start to slow down and begin backing round as it gets toward slack water. By slack water I mean 2.5 knots obviously
I was thinking get there early so we can get in at the first opportunity. Although sheltered from the SW stream I thought it better overall to be in and out before it picks up too much speed.
Having said that, when I was in there during the ribnet cruise, iirc the time was about 12.00 local. According to my plotter the SW stream should have been running at around 9.5 knots at the time
Not sure how much I trust that as I don't remember seeing anything like that!
So it looks like sunday's are best bet then, although the forecast is getting worse all the time so we'll have to wait and see if it happens at all