Originally Posted by Trevor G
The jury is still out as to whether we come over to Cherbourg on Thursday then on to Alderney on Friday, or straight to Alderney on Thurs or Fri.
OK - I think this is my final decision... whilst my heart says go Thursday to Cherbourg, my head (and the fact I'll have Pam and Katie with me) says play safe and leave on Friday directly from the Solent to Alderney.
predicts that the wave height at the Channel Lightship will have dropped from 2.1m on Thursday mid morning to 1.2m the same time on Friday.
So - our plan is to leave Southampton Drystack at about 10.15 on Friday morning, be around Yarmouth at about 11am, and head straight across to Alderney.
If anyone else is going Friday and wants to meet up at Southampton, Yarmouth, or off the Needles please let me know.
We'll be on VHF Ch77, or text or call on 07840 975807.
(We'll be camping on Alderney so when we get there we will get a taxi from Braye Harbour to the campsite)