Originally Posted by Erin
And I wouldn't worry too much about the sunken breakwater. Unless you draw the same as a cruise liner, you should be fine. Ultimately the skipper's decision though
I concur. The tide on the Friday in neapy, low water is 2.2m (the inner harbour is moist at that height) at 12:30. So by the ETA of 13:30/14:00 the tide will have started to come up and there will be several meters over the shallowest part of the sunken breakwater.
Incidentally the proposed ETA is just before slack water, such as it is.
When the weather brightens I will go out and take some pics of the approach and mooring options.
I shall fore-warn the Chippy and Offy that we shall be about 40 on the friday night, and see if the farm can do us a bargain box of burgers, sausages and steak for a similar number. Someone still needs to volunteer to cook on the barbie
, we are happy to help with prep.
Mackerel are a bit illusive at the moment, but they are about for those who have the skills.