Rain is "now tapering" off , however as noted before, wind is still 5-6 (gusts of more). Though we do have wind with tide for most of the window. (for those commuting on the the solent).
For me its 50:50 from the point of enjoying the run, i am sure the run can be completed safely, its how much fun you have in the process, that depends on you, your crew the boat and how good your waterproofs are
Last week we ran down southampton water, made the dash across to cowes and used the north shore of the island for shelter, that was fine even wind against tide on springs.
I'll make a decision in the morning , lets hope for a favourable shift