As I only need to do the short crossing from Lymington to Yarmouth, and having experienced the Solent in most of its moods, I am confident that I could make it across in the conditions forecast. Would I want to, some and some
Would my passengers want to, definitely not.
I have had some very pleasant meetings in that walled garden, but of course we would have to be inside given the forecast. Good, but maybe not quite as good as the outside option?
Will the forecast conditions put off some potential attendees? I would be very surprised if it did not.
So while the forecasts of late have been less than spot on, and the 10th allows plenty of time for the forecast to do a 180, on balance, my vote would be a change of date to Jan 10th.