Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 02 January 2014, 12:42   #91
Trade member
 
tim griffin's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Newport IoW
Boat name: Amean/Pronto/Rumbo
Make: Solent Rib Princess
Length: 7m +
Engine: 200hp Etec 260x 2
MMSI: lots of them
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,859
Got 20 gusting 39 ssw for Sunday
Island shore will give shelter but happy to postpone
Tim
__________________
Tim Griffin
RYA Freelance YMI power Powerboat and PWC instructor trainer vhf first aid sea survival Diesel engine radar and navigation instructor
tim griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 January 2014, 13:17   #92
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Bristol
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yamaha
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 4,194
thats a good enough reason to postpone
__________________

__________________
matt h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 January 2014, 13:26   #93
Trade member
 
Andre's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: West Sussex
Boat name: Grey Mist
Make: Parker 800 Baltic
Length: 8m +
Engine: 2xMercury Diesel 170
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,457
RIBase
Send a message via Skype™ to Andre
There are a number of small ribs on the list and for their sake I am of the opinion the Nacho run should be postponed to the first Sunday of fair weather.

I will be out this Sunday anyway providing no rain. The wind does not bother me.
If the nacho run is postponed then lunch at the Folly on Sunday
Andre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 January 2014, 13:30   #94
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Dorset & Hants
Boat name: Streaker/Orange
Make: Avon/Ribcraft
Length: 4m +
Engine: 50Yam/25 Mariner
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,551
I'm lucky enough to be able to make a very late call...takes me an hour from decision to pulling away from lym slip....
__________________
PeterM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 January 2014, 13:37   #95
Member
 
Sibbo90's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Staines, Middx
Boat name: EXisa
Make: Predator 599
Length: 6m +
Engine: Suzuki DF140
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre View Post
There are a number of small ribs on the list and for their sake I am of the opinion the Nacho run should be postponed to the first Sunday of fair weather.

I will be out this Sunday anyway providing no rain. The wind does not bother me.
If the nacho run is postponed then lunch at the Folly on Sunday
Andre, thanks for making my mind up for me, just looked at XC weather and with gusts in the 40mph+ region i am going to bow out for a safer more settled weather window.
__________________
Sibbo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 January 2014, 13:40   #96
Member
 
Country: Other
Length: no boat
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterM View Post
I'm lucky enough to be able to make a very late call...takes me an hour from decision to pulling away from lym slip....
I will be down at the slip about 10.00 Peter - if you are there and decide to launch I will keep you company. The weather predictions do not look that good again - but my boat is all up together and pretty capable in most conditions in the Solent.

This weather is such a pain - it is pretty difficult to predict any breaks - today for example was far better than any forecast - so hoping for some sort of a break on Sunday.
__________________
indaba1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 January 2014, 13:43   #97
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Orpington and Lymington
Boat name: Minxy
Make: Avon Adventurer 5.6
Length: 5m +
Engine: 90hp Merc Mariner
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 154
I think I will be pulling out aswell unless those winds seriously drop..
__________________
gooner-paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 January 2014, 13:53   #98
Member
 
Low Flyer's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Portsmouth
Boat name: Cinsirrah III
Make: Oceans
Length: 8m +
Engine: Twin D3 160 Diesels
MMSI: 235089712
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 462
Think I will call time too,bashing up from Portsmouth May be a little too much for us for lunch.If Re scheduled we will keep eye on posts.
__________________
Low Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 January 2014, 14:41   #99
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Bristol
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yamaha
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 4,194
I will be launchin on Sunday.. Lymington is favourite as need a pontoon for adjustments n shit!
__________________
matt h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 January 2014, 16:02   #100
Member
 
chris.moody's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Daventry & Beaulieu
Boat name: Tigga2
Make: Ribcraft 4.8
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
MMSI: 235900806
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 984
RIBase
If the smaller ribs want to try for a run to Yarmouth the following Sunday, the 12th, I am up for it in my SR4 weather permitting.

Chris
__________________

__________________
--
Chris Moody
Rib Tigga2 a Ribcraft 4.8 with a Honda BF50
chris.moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:40.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.