Did a little RIB repairing today. The pipe that came off has now a meaty hose clamp on, it's like 3X the width of the previous one and I had to take care not to over tighten it. I dabbed a little thread loc on for good measure as I didn't want it undoing and coming loose.
I also took the Seat back brackets off the seat pod for rewelding later this week. I can't make my mind up about an adjustable seat back however. I have some Ideas but all involve some dangers with trapped fingers and pinch points, so not as easy as I thought. I have to try to make it an easy operation too, so might well leave that for another day as I've been coping pretty well for the last two and half years.
I've also fitted another Aerial as the other snapped at the base during storage. After some research I went for a Glomex one which I source locally. I want to thank Bogi for offering to bring me over another make of aerial, which I'm sure are excellent. However keeping things as cheap as possible is the order of the day at the moment and this combined with some promissing reviews perswaded me to go for the Glomex which also came with a mounting bracket.
So hopefully she'll be ship shape very soon.
Looks Slow but is Fast
Member of the ebay Blue RIB cover club.