Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 07 October 2009, 20:51   #371
Member
 
Hightower's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Fareham
Length: 6m +
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 7,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nos4r2 View Post
Nope-I'll probably have a bit more than that onboard-though I may bring a fair bit back
Unless you Submarine it
__________________

__________________
Andy

Looks Slow but is Fast
Member of the ebay Blue RIB cover club.
Hightower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 October 2009, 04:43   #372
Member
 
HUMBER P4VWL's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: N Wales Chester
Boat name: Mr Smith
Make: Humber
Length: 6m +
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,013
Topic of conversation for the gathering, Jonos thread "searider gathering"

This is so funny!

Jono, you have created a new sport "Searider baiting!" Simply make a thread and see how many SR owners you can draw in to a response! They fell for it hook line and sinker.

SROwners seem a very insular, loyal, volatile and defensive beast with large chips on their shoulders about boat size and seakeeping ability. They seem very hostile to anyone else and become very insecure when a member moves on to bigger and better things. Doubt creeps in...should they be doing the same?? Safety is in numbers they believe, often grouping together when out on the water. Generally, the smaller the SR the more aggressive and hostile they are when poked.

Attenborough could do a documentary on them!! Wonder what their mating ritual is. I'm sure there is in breeding as the gene pool isn't that large. Homosexuality is likely to be present due to the sheer imbalance of males to females, especially on their annual migration to meet eachother. At these events, alcohol and frivolity are abound and they reassure themselves of their stature for another year.

A particular adversary of the SR is the Humber group, a similar beast in make up and design, a simple yet very functional being, but arguably slightly more advanced and certainly growing in number at a faster rate than the ageing SR. It would seem apparent the Humber is quietly taking over the SRs as they die off. SRs themselves seem only too aware of this and keep trying to breed life in to SRs that really should be killed off, congratulating each other on how they bring them back from the brink.

Ultimately, the end is nigh for SRs in the long term as it appears very few new examples are appearing.
__________________

__________________
HUMBER P4VWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 October 2009, 04:44   #373
Member
 
chewy's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Up Norf
Make: Avon SR4,Tremlett 23
Length: 4m +
Engine: Yam 55, Volvo 200
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMBER P4VWL View Post
This is so funny!

Jono, you have created a new sport "Searider baiting!" Simply make a thread and see how many SR owners you can draw in to a response! They fell for it hook line and sinker.

SROwners seem a very insular, loyal, volatile and defensive beast with large chips on their shoulders about boat size and seakeeping ability. They seem very hostile to anyone else and become very insecure when a member moves on to bigger and better things. Doubt creeps in...should they be doing the same?? Safety is in numbers they believe, often grouping together when out on the water. Generally, the smaller the SR the more aggressive and hostile they are when poked.

Attenborough could do a documentary on them!! Wonder what their mating ritual is. I'm sure there is in breeding as the gene pool isn't that large. Homosexuality is likely to be present due to the sheer imbalance of males to females, especially on their annual migration to meet eachother. At these events, alcohol and frivolity are abound and they reassure themselves of their stature for another year.

A particular adversary of the SR is the Humber group, a similar beast in make up and design, a simple yet very functional being, but arguably slightly more advanced and certainly growing in number at a faster rate than the ageing SR. It would seem apparent the Humber is quietly taking over the SRs as they die off. SRs themselves seem only too aware of this and keep trying to breed life in to SRs that really should be killed off, congratulating each other on how they bring them back from the brink.

Ultimately, the end is nigh for SRs in the long term as it appears very few new examples are appearing.
Stupid boy, you posted on the wrong thread.
__________________
chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 October 2009, 04:44   #374
Member
 
HUMBER P4VWL's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: N Wales Chester
Boat name: Mr Smith
Make: Humber
Length: 6m +
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,013
Admission to non regulars

Yes i used to have a 5.4 and miss it!
__________________
HUMBER P4VWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 October 2009, 04:45   #375
Member
 
HUMBER P4VWL's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: N Wales Chester
Boat name: Mr Smith
Make: Humber
Length: 6m +
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewy View Post
Stupid boy, you posted on the wrong thread.
Read the title of my post Chewy! It's copied across
__________________
HUMBER P4VWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 October 2009, 04:47   #376
Member
 
chewy's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Up Norf
Make: Avon SR4,Tremlett 23
Length: 4m +
Engine: Yam 55, Volvo 200
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMBER P4VWL View Post
Read the title of my post Chewy! It's copied across
Nout better to do eh.
__________________
chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 October 2009, 04:49   #377
Member
 
HUMBER P4VWL's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: N Wales Chester
Boat name: Mr Smith
Make: Humber
Length: 6m +
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewy View Post
Nout better to do eh.
Nail on the head!
__________________
HUMBER P4VWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 October 2009, 05:03   #378
JSP
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southport
Boat name: Qudos
Make: 5.4 Searider
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yam 115 V4
MMSI: 235068784
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,930
I'm currently trying to get the wife to kick me out so I can thumb my way down for this weekend. I've tried all kinds, telling her how rough she looks, fake retching after she's cooked dinner (for once) etc...
I've even tried infidelity but she says the dog doesn't count.

__________________
JSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 October 2009, 05:19   #379
Member
 
HUMBER P4VWL's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: N Wales Chester
Boat name: Mr Smith
Make: Humber
Length: 6m +
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSP View Post
I'm currently trying to get the wife to kick me out so I can thumb my way down for this weekend. I've tried all kinds, telling her how rough she looks, fake retching after she's cooked dinner (for once) etc...
I've even tried infidelity but she says the dog doesn't count.

Hand down pants, locate balls....and just go! Not like you are cheating on her. Or will you with those sr owners?!!
__________________
HUMBER P4VWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 October 2009, 05:22   #380
JSP
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southport
Boat name: Qudos
Make: 5.4 Searider
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yam 115 V4
MMSI: 235068784
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,930
Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMBER P4VWL View Post
Hand down pants, locate balls....and just go! Not like you are cheating on her. Or will you with those sr owners?!!
I don't know, anything could happen this weekend. Have you never been with other seamen, tossing about in a boat?
Classic blackadder!

On the plus side, I've nearly got my one year old lad walking and I'm on a mission to get him to walk down to the bottom of the garden by Monday...or I'll ground him!!
__________________

__________________
JSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:23.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.