Old 02 June 2010, 10:10   #161

Make: Ribtec
Length: 6m +
Engine: Yam 150hpdi/Merc 6hp
If the weather is going to stay good i will be leaving Carrickfergus on Saturday morning about 4.15am hopefully getting into Peel at about 6.30am. Will be returning that evening after the flapgate opens. Hope you all have a safe trip.
Old 02 June 2010, 21:48   #162

Town: NW& wherever the boat is!
Boat name: depends on m'mood!
Make: Humbers/15-24m cats
Engine: etec130/big volvos
MMSI: many and various
Kwil and me (or should that be I) should be leaving Fleetwood at around 8am (if I can get outta bed) to get there 11 ish.
How about some mobile numbers and boat names for contact purposes?
For a start
Kwil boat "magic2" 07971798694 Keith
wavelength boat "rebel" 07753616065 Dave

Out on the big boat tomorrow but swopped friday with a mate so should be back from Cumbria, the Solway and all its problems in time. Our thoughts here are with the victims of the shootings and our good fortune in being in Workington harbour and not Whitehaven harbour this morning.
Old 02 June 2010, 22:00   #163

Town: Douglas
Length: no boat
my mobile is 07624 321982
Old 02 June 2010, 22:07   #164
RIBnet Supporter

Length: 4m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypman View Post
my mobile is 07624 321982
Copied - I'll be in touch tomorrow.

BTW, is there any requirement for a Passport for the IOM? Or is photo ID ok?
Old 03 June 2010, 11:24   #165

I have never carried a pasport between IOM and NI (was at Ardglass for lunch on Sunday with Brian). It is just possible that you might be visited on arrival by the Port Officials.
Old 03 June 2010, 22:44   #166
RIBnet Supporter

Teams Scotland and (Northern) Ireland will be using Ch6 as a working channel.
Old 04 June 2010, 07:25   #167
RIBnet supporter

Town: Belfast
Boat name: Cait
Make: Humber
Length: 5m +
Engine: 90hp Opti
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by willk View Post
Teams Scotland and (Northern) Ireland will be using Ch6 as a working channel.
Old 05 June 2010, 13:53   #168
RIBnet supporter

Town: Peel, IOM
RIBase
Well, arrivals this morning were: Willk from Ireland, BruceB from Scotland and GED from Wales.
Mr. Manning has taken some divers out but will be back in soon.
A pretty full set I'd say.

It's BruceB on the left of the photo and Willk on the extreme right.
Mrs. B. should be fairly obvious, and the other chaps name escapes me for the moment, but is a pal of Willks from Donegal.
Nice to put names from this forum to people isnt it?
Photo taken at the back of the grandstand at the IOM TT races.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BruceB and Willk.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	105.0 KB
ID:	51648  
Old 05 June 2010, 21:10   #169

wavelength and kwil---wewuzthere too But got held up for over half an hour at the outset
Old 06 June 2010, 09:21   #170
RIBnet supporter

RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Well, arrivals this morning were: Willk from Ireland, BruceB from Scotland and GED from Wales.
Mr. Manning has taken some divers out but will be back in soon.
A pretty full set I'd say.

Mrs. B. should be fairly obvious, and the other chaps name escapes me for the moment, but is a pal of Willks from Donegal.
Nice to put names from this forum to people isnt it?
Photo taken at the back of the grandstand at the IOM TT races.
We wuz there too!

The other guy's name is Dan. Thumper was also there. Thumper, Willk and myself all launched from Ardglass and came over together. None of us saw any racing though as the races were all delayed due to the conditions.
Old 06 June 2010, 11:04   #171

big big thank you to the local guys Ian and Brian. So nice to be met by RIBNET friends who ran us round douglas in their own cars, offered refuelling facilities if neccessary and generally made us feel welcome. Great when you have just come in out of thick (and b**** cold) fog.
We also met a good guy from Annan who was looking for boating buddies for ribbing in w.scotland-if you read this get yourself on here and make yourself known I am sure you will find people up for some trips
Old 06 June 2010, 11:54   #172

Dave
Thanks for the kind remarks, it was great seeing you all and putting faces to names. I hope Manannan's Cloak (fog) didn't cause you all too much trouble on the way home to England, Scotland Wales and Northern Ireland.
Hope to see you all again.
Old 06 June 2010, 12:03   #173

Town: Oldham
Boat name: Aqua Vitae
Make: Ribcraft 4.8
Engine: Yamaha 75hp
MMSI: 235115057
Sounds like you boys had a good day.
One day I'll make the crossing myself when my boat is all grown up!
Old 06 June 2010, 12:33   #174
RIBnet supporter

RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavelength View Post
big big thank you to the local guys Ian and Brian. So nice to be met by RIBNET friends who ran us round douglas in their own cars, offered refuelling facilities if neccessary and generally made us feel welcome. Great when you have just come in out of thick (and b**** cold) fog.
We also met a good guy from Annan who was looking for boating buddies for ribbing in w.scotland-if you read this get yourself on here and make yourself known I am sure you will find people up for some trips
Totally echo that BruceB. It was great to be met and with such generosity of spirit too. Many thanks Brian and Ian. Many thanks also to everyone who came along and made this a great trip.
Old 06 June 2010, 15:57   #175
GED

Town: CONWY/CORFU
Boat name: The Full Morty II
Make: Air Craft/Shakespere
Length: 8m +
Engine: Etec 300hp/Etec150hp
3x 8mt Aircafts went from Conwy, 11 persons in total one of the ribs was going to dive just off St Marys.
Set off from Conwy looked like a nice day but from the conversation with Holyhead coastguard we knew we were going to hit fog. For over 2 hrs cruising in what can only be like wearing a Tescos bag on your head, we lost
touch with the dive boat (faulty radio) after 3/4 of an hour searching we found them. Dave Manning jumped on their rib whilst they had a dive, me and the other rib went in to Douglas and tied up. We were met there by Brian (nice guy) who asked if we needed any thing, fuel,help, lift into town.....An hour later the dive rib pulled into the harbour and tied up along side of us.Some went into town and didnt get past the first pub but at 3.30 it was time to head back. The dive boat but an extra 60lts of petrol in it and we all headed back out into the thick fog now with a spare hand held radio. Just 10 minutes into the passage back to Conwy the dive boat was in serious trouble
the filler pipe on the boat had broken off inside the console when the 60lts of petrol was put in and now it was in the bottom of the rib all the dive equipment was awash in fuel and even the battery was completely covered under fuel, I got all divers of the boat whilst we delt with the problem. After 1/2 hour we were underway again, more 2hrs of fog.. this cleared just off puffin island and the last part of the trip was done in nice weather...Just off the Llandudno the dive rib ran out of fuel..well it would do its 60lts missing (lucky I had plenty spare) got it going again and a short trip into Conwy, we where back Today we spent time draining the boat hull of fuel and making good
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (Small).jpg
Views:	189
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	51698  
Old 06 June 2010, 16:13   #176
RIBnet supporter

RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by GED View Post
3x 8mt Aircafts went from Conwy, 11 persons in total one of the ribs was going to dive just off St Marys.
Set off from Conwy looked like a nice day but from the conversation with Holyhead coastguard we knew we were going to hit fog. For over 2 hrs cruising in what can only be like wearing a Tescos bag on your head, we lost
touch with the dive boat (faulty radio) after 3/4 of an hour searching we found them. Dave Manning jumped on their rib whilst they had a dive, me and the other rib went in to Douglas and tied up. We were met there by Brian (nice guy) who asked if we needed any thing, fuel,help, lift into town.....An hour later the dive rib pulled into the harbour and tied up along side of us.Some went into town and didnt get past the first pub but at 3.30 it was time to head back. The dive boat but an extra 60lts of petrol in it and we all headed back out into the thick fog now with a spare hand held radio. Just 10 minutes into the passage back to Conwy the dive boat was in serious trouble
the filler pipe on the boat had broken off inside the console when the 60lts of petrol was put in and now it was in the bottom of the rib all the dive equipment was awash in fuel and even the battery was completely covered under fuel, I got all divers of the boat whilst we delt with the problem. After 1/2 hour we were underway again, more 2hrs of fog.. this cleared just off puffin island and the last part of the trip was done in nice weather...Just off the Llandudno the dive rib ran out of fuel..well it would do its 60lts missing (lucky I had plenty spare) got it going again and a short trip into Conwy, we where back Today we spent time draining the boat hull of fuel and making good
I hope the funnel I lent you didn't do the damage??
Old 06 June 2010, 17:07   #177

fog virtually all the way back-cleared a bit coming into Morecambe bay. Still 1hr50mins to Knott End from Douglas around 55nm cruising at around 27-28knots at 4800 rpm ish on the 90 suzuki/6m destroyer and around 80litres for the round trip
Old 06 June 2010, 17:50   #178
RIBnet Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
... some say that it's my default position
Old 06 June 2010, 17:52   #179

Town: Inverness
Boat name: none
Make: none
Engine: none
MMSI: none
We just got back to Oban not long ago having stayed last night at Whithorn as planned.

Had fog, mostly quite thick all the way back across. Visibility ranged from about 50m to 200m with odd rare patches of up to a mile at times. Kept a very good lookout and ears peeled on the main passage north of IOM for large ships
Many thanks for the lift and assistance on the island, it was appreciated considering none of us had really ever met despite our internet personas.
I don't know what happened as we left though as everybody scattered as we left the harbour bouys, we stopped a few hundred yards later but by that time everyone had disapeared. We waited for a while then realised everybody could have easily passed us and carried on regardless. Did anybody go north at all? We did meet one very large RIB heading for Ireland that we gave a wave but it wasn't one of ours.
Still didn't find out who wilfish was apart from being told he was one of the participants actually on the IOM trip.
Maybe next year we might see a race and meet up again? I'll post some bits and bobs over the next few days
Old 06 June 2010, 18:04   #180

Town: Manchester
Boat name: "mr Jingles"
Make: Ribcraft
Engine: 130 Etec
MMSI: 235074968
RIBase
G
Quote:
Originally Posted by GED View Post
"Looks like you all had a great day" good to see you all got back safely, dont now if iv got the balls too do the trip now after reading this thread.,