Length: 7m +
Stolen Cobra Rib - Hamble Area

Catagory: RIB
Make/Model: Cobra Nautique
Craft Length: 7.6m
HIN/Serial No: GBPBCR8777D303
Datatag:
Date theft reported: 24 Apr 2011
Theft Location: Eastlands Boatyard, Coal Park Lane, Swanwick, Southampton, Hampshire
Description: Cobra Nautique RIB has been stolen on its trailer from the above location. Fitted to the RIB was a Mercury 225hp outboard engine.
Old 26 April 2011, 14:07   #2
RIBnet supporter

Town: Hants
Length: 8m +
Engine: 300hp plus
Sorry to hear this, this is second report of RIBs taken in Hamble area this last week, Any CCTV or vehicles to look out for?
Just spoken to the guys at Hamble Point and they have already been given the heads up, they tell me the camera at the Solent RIB theft was covered up so they cam prepared having had a look at the marinas first. When you recal that JM Yachting lost a Ribcraft on a trailer about a month ago that is three in our River
Old 26 April 2011, 20:08   #3

Length: 7m +
My bet is that it is the same gang doing it, I reckon the ribs are hidden somewhere local and then put into containers to be shipped abroad, alternatively they go straight across on channel ferry quick before word gets out. I feel the police should do some random stops of cars pulling boats on trailers to increase the risk of these b..stards getting caught. I can't understand how easy it is to steal something then size of a 7.5m rib and the frequency they are going missing is alarming. Many worth far more than an m3 BMW.
Old 27 April 2011, 09:52   #4
RIBnet supporter

Town: Hants
Length: 8m +
Engine: 300hp plus
I see Eastlands yard actually have two RIBs taken on 24/4/11 , the other was a 2003 Cobra 7.5. I thought they had a heavy duty gate and cameras? from stolenboats.org-

"Cobra 2003 Rib Stolen from Eastlands Boat Park, Swanick with trailer and outboard Mercury 225hp. Vessel called "Top Secret"" hull number GBPBCR8777D303

UPDATE- probably ignore two RIBs info as they are listed as a 7.5 and 7.6 but closer inspections suggests same boat and hull number