Click Here to Login

Old 16 November 2010, 16:32   #1

Town: Newbury
Boat name: Marlin 19
Make: Marlin
Length: 6m +
Engine: Suzuki DF140
Marlin 19 - Suzuki DF140 - Newbury - Sunday 14 November 2010

My RIB as stolen on Sunday at 12:44 in Newbury Berkshire.

The RIB is quite Rare and so easy to spot because of the wings on the back.

Below are the various serial numbers for the RIB

Hull no: IT-MRB-19146-B-708 first registered 02/03/07

Engine Serial no 1400IF-783348 Suzuki DF140 four stroke outboard

Trailer Chassis no 5203 Admiral RL 1250 single axle

There is a £1k reward if anyone can find this for me before it's trashed or shipped abroad
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MarineVisionLynmington.jpg
Views:	2661
Size:	105.0 KB
ID:	55548  
Old 16 November 2010, 17:23   #2

Town: Up Norf
Make: Avon SR4,Tremlett 23
Length: 4m +
Engine: Yam 55, Volvo 200
It is different.
1244 is a pretty accurate time?
Old 16 November 2010, 17:27   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewy View Post
It is different.
1244 is a pretty accurate time?
Accurate as CCTV time stamped
They set off towards newbury from New Greenham park on A339 which is slightly south of Newbury itself
See CCTV grabs as Jeep was vehicle used to steel
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	StolenRIB.jpg
Views:	766
Size:	134.2 KB
ID:	55549  
Old 16 November 2010, 19:22   #4

Town: Northumberland
Boat name: Dr Doof
Make: Humber
Engine: Mercury 125hp
MMSI: 235082981
Sorry, just read description.

Was the car they used also stolen?
Old 16 November 2010, 21:18   #5

Town: Up Norf
Make: Avon SR4,Tremlett 23
Engine: Yam 55, Volvo 200
Was on false plates.
Old 17 November 2010, 03:34   #6

Town: reading&st.davids.
Boat name: scaramouche
Make: osprey eagle 5.6
Engine: 90 yam outboard/4hp
MMSI: 235082768
Send a message via Yahoo to tumbleweed41
stolen rib

sorry to hear of this.Any idea which way they went as they headed into newbury?Were they spotted again at all.It's easy to head for the A4/M4 or link road towards M40.A sighting near here may give a clue as to whether they took the M4 and so onto London and the channel ports or went in the other direction perhaps to stash the boat for a while until things cooled off.Don't suppose plod were any good.I have just towed my rib back from birmingham after buying it and unfortunately got lost around oxford.Came across allnight garage and stopped for directions.Only other customers at 2am were 6 policemen all drinking coffee and stuffing muffins.(they get free coffee)Not one of them wanted to know what i was doing with a large rib at that time of the morning.They hardly noticed the boat anyway and when they did it was
along the lines of that's an interesting boat mate!I'm not the most tidy looking of people either so was somewhat surprised.
I hope someone spots your boat so that you have a chance of getting it back and your insurance people treat you kindly should the boat not appear.I'll keep an eye out for you when i'm out and about.
Kind regards,Chris.
Old 17 November 2010, 07:40   #7

Town: swanwick/hamble
Boat name: stormchaser
Make: custom rib
Length: 8m +
Engine: inboard/diesel
they must have known what they were coming for, not just random, have you had any work done on your house, sold a car or something else or any cold callers round lately?, any work been going on local to you, people that are not usually in your neck of the woods, if so it's a good place to start, if you're on the main road and it's parked out front this won't work
Old 17 November 2010, 12:09   #8

Length: no boat
Your stolen RIB

Add your RIB to www.itsbeennicked.co.uk. Add the photos and also the Police reference number.
Old 17 November 2010, 13:44   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsbeennicked View Post
Add your RIB to www.itsbeennicked.co.uk. Add the photos and also the Police reference number.
Thanks added it I've raise the Reward to £1500 just FYI
Old 17 November 2010, 13:55   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffer View Post
they must have known what they were coming for, not just random, have you had any work done on your house, sold a car or something else or any cold callers round lately?, any work been going on local to you, people that are not usually in your neck of the woods, if so it's a good place to start, if you're on the main road and it's parked out front this won't work
Yep they took only a few minutes to arrive steel and leave. Police have done zero about it so far. If I could get on the camera's i 'm sure I could find
Old 17 November 2010, 13:56   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by tumbleweed41 View Post
sorry to hear of this.Any idea which way they went as they headed into newbury?Were they spotted again at all.It's easy to head for the A4/M4 or link road towards M40.A sighting near here may give a clue as to whether they took the M4 and so onto London and the channel ports or went in the other direction perhaps to stash the boat for a while until things cooled off.Don't suppose plod were any good.I have just towed my rib back from birmingham after buying it and unfortunately got lost around oxford.Came across allnight garage and stopped for directions.Only other customers at 2am were 6 policemen all drinking coffee and stuffing muffins.(they get free coffee)Not one of them wanted to know what i was doing with a large rib at that time of the morning.They hardly noticed the boat anyway and when they did it was
along the lines of that's an interesting boat mate!I'm not the most tidy looking of people either so was somewhat surprised.
I hope someone spots your boat so that you have a chance of getting it back and your insurance people treat you kindly should the boat not appear.I'll keep an eye out for you when i'm out and about.
Kind regards,Chris.
Police have yet to request access to cctv - only just got call from them and they will start looking tomorrow but there's so much out there you would exopect to be able to trace a long way - just need someone to bother
Old 17 November 2010, 19:32   #12

Town: Northumberland
Boat name: Dr Doof
Make: Humber
Engine: Mercury 125hp
MMSI: 235082981
I think the Highways Agency monitor the cctv on motorways but they only keep the recordings for 7 days unless requested by police.

I would get on to your local police station and ask them to request recordings from Highways Agency before there deleted.

They don't seem to do anything unless pushed.

Good Luck.
Old 18 November 2010, 18:53   #13
RIBnet supporter

Town: Hants
Length: 8m +
Engine: 300hp plus
Have you added it to this website?
http://www.stolenboats.org.uk/
Old 18 November 2010, 20:23   #14

Town: Aberdeenshire
Boat name: Sula
Make: Ribcraft 4.8m
Engine: Tohatsu 70hp + aux
MMSI: 235087213
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by aabbs View Post
Accurate as CCTV time stamped
They set off towards newbury from New Greenham park on A339 which is slightly south of Newbury itself
See CCTV grabs as Jeep was vehicle used to steel
Can police do anything through DVLA? The Jeep Grand Cherokee isn't that common. Looks around 1996/1997? If police did a search of registered owners, say in a 250 mile circumference around Newbury, then at least it would be a start. Cancel out obvious colours such as red and silver, and concentrate on navy blue, dark green or purple. Another feature is the colour-coded grill and no bull-bars before Jeep introduced chrome. There's also no side-steps. It's going to be as good a lead as any - as it's unusual to see cctv of the boat being towed. Any other possible sources of cctv, such as toll-bridges, etc?

Keep us posted - feel gutted for you.
Old 19 November 2010, 07:57   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartacus View Post
Can police do anything through DVLA? The Jeep Grand Cherokee isn't that common. Looks around 1996/1997? If police did a search of registered owners, say in a 250 mile circumference around Newbury, then at least it would be a start. Cancel out obvious colours such as red and silver, and concentrate on navy blue, dark green or purple. Another feature is the colour-coded grill and no bull-bars before Jeep introduced chrome. There's also no side-steps. It's going to be as good a lead as any - as it's unusual to see cctv of the boat being towed. Any other possible sources of cctv, such as toll-bridges, etc?

thanks for this good stuff
Old 19 November 2010, 12:48   #16

just another thought-assuming the boat isn't in the UK anymore (seems common with ribs)-do you need to tell eurotunnel or any of the sailing ferrys that goto france etc your bringing a rib onboard before booking?

maybe worth a call to them????

i hope the boat was insured?

incidently i assume it also had a trailer lock on so did they leave it behind? fingerprints? how was it broken off?

these thefts really are the pits, i hope you get the boat back.

would it maybe an idea to see about a rib.net group purchse on gps recorders that are commonly available and have a central database to store the data from it so we can all keep an eye out for each others stuff??? i'd be happy to pay towards that if it helps one more boat getting nicked.

infact i'm going to start a main topic on it and gauge interest.

cheers
Old 23 November 2010, 09:35   #17

Length: 7m +
Sorry to hear about your loss. Will keep an eye out for it. I expect its been pinched for export, a container internal width is 7ft 7inches, do you think it would fit in that with tubes off or deflated. The police could at least check container manifests but I guess it would not be described as a boat. It does sound like they are being not exactlty helpful, they could at least have a stab at tracing the jeep which could lead to perhaps finding the boat or culprits.
Old 23 November 2010, 09:54   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xk59D View Post
just another thought-assuming the boat isn't in the UK anymore (seems common with ribs)-do you need to tell eurotunnel or any of the sailing ferrys that goto france etc your bringing a rib onboard before booking?

maybe worth a call to them????

i hope the boat was insured?

incidently i assume it also had a trailer lock on so did they leave it behind? fingerprints? how was it broken off?

these thefts really are the pits, i hope you get the boat back.

would it maybe an idea to see about a rib.net group purchse on gps recorders that are commonly available and have a central database to store the data from it so we can all keep an eye out for each others stuff??? i'd be happy to pay towards that if it helps one more boat getting nicked.

infact i'm going to start a main topic on it and gauge interest.

cheers
contacted ports etc police say job of checking containers is to big and also data protection issues or something. I'm sure they are working within guidlines but still sucks
Old 23 November 2010, 15:25   #19

i was meaning taken on behind a 4x4 or car and not a container, i don't think asking if anyone boarded with a rib is breaking the DPA?

i believe you need a lot of paperwork to get something into a container so maybe they don't go down that route???

hope your insurance fixes you up if you can't recover it.

cheers
Old 28 November 2010, 23:08   #20
RIBnet admin team

Town: The wilds of Wiltshire
Boat name: Dominator
Make: SR5.4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Yam 85
MMSI: 235055163
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by spartacus View Post

Motorway service stations usually have number plate recording in them-might be worth a call-as would the Severn bridge. Unless the car had cloned rather than false plates, it'd be picked up on ANPR almost immediately as a false number.

IF it's still in the UK,it may be worth getting onto the various countryside watch organisations. If it's in a farm storage facility somewhere, they might pick up on it.

Please click HERE and HERE and support our Trade Members.

Join up as a Trade member or Supporter HERE
Nos4r2 is offline   Reply With Quote