Old 08 April 2011, 20:49   #1

Town: Fareham
Length: 6m +
Thornbacks

My boy was off school today, so I didn't need much convincing to take a day off work. We hitched up the Venom and headed to Pompey Harbour for a morning launch. Before you could shake a stick we were on the water and heading out to a mud bank I know in the Solent. Was a fantastic day for a little cruise and fishing. We took some hard rations with us to fend off hunger pains

Got to our mark and found a little depression in the sea bed for us to fish in, anchored up and baited the rods. A pretty hectic first 1/2 hour saw two Thornbacks come aboard. First was mine was a male at a tad under 10 Lb, the next to Ryan a female of about 6lb or a little heavier. I missed another big bite a little while later and caught a couple of Pin whiting which seem to be plentiful in the Solent at the moment.

Got back to the slip by 4pm to be met by some guy who was having all sorts of difficulties reversing his RIB down the ramp. We tied up the the pontoon and was greeted by a "where are we meant to moor to". I did try to explain at least two other mooring positions he could use, one right behind us and one just in front I did decided to move to the forward one and then he made such a hash of launching, his son was climbing all over our RIB just to try and control what his was doing. Didn't even get any thanks for moving mine either.

Still it was an entertaining end to a very nice day out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0849.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	58219   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0842.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	58220   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0839.jpg
Views:	183