Old 02 July 2007, 15:46   #371
RIBnet supporter

Town: Cambs/Northants
Length: no boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollers View Post
Mine is a length of 1" ID braided clear hose out over the transom and cable tied to the A Frame.
Mine is the same but i drilled two holes in the transom lip (and sealed them)for the cable tie & got one of those little pumps with the micro chip in so no float switch
Old 02 July 2007, 16:02   #372

Town: Reading, Hants
Boat name: Juicy
Make: Sealine F43
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2 x 370hp
MMSI: TBC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightower View Post
Chris, have you got a bilge pump fitted?
i started off with no bilge pump thinking the trunks would do the biz but in marinas that dont work, so i purchased a cheap 12 quid 360gph that works a treat and i turn it on to get any overnight rain out.......however i will get one of those microchip expensive ones like roy and bedajim have,

then if it pisses down like it normally does in cornwall i can go back to a boat that is empty of water instead of a foot deep at the back after a few hours!!

Old 02 July 2007, 17:07   #373

Town: Fareham
Length: 6m +
I have two differnet pumps I can fit. I bought a 1200 GPH manual one and a 500 GHP auto one on one of my trips to the States last year. The 1200 GPH one has a 1.25" diameter hose tail on, obviously the 500 GPH one is a lot smaller diameter hosetail.

I want to fit the bigger of the pumps, my RIB's not left on a mooring very often so don't see the need for a Auto. I was going to fit a thru hull fitting and pipe all the bilge though there.

Looks Slow but is Fast
Member of the ebay Blue RIB cover club.
Hightower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 July 2007, 17:09   #374

Quote:
I have two differnet pumps I can fit. I bought a 1200 GPH manual one and a 500 GHP auto one on one of my trips to the States last year. The 1200 GPH one has a 1.25" diameter hose tail on, obviously the 500 GPH one is a lot smaller diameter hosetail.

I want to fit the bigger of the pumps, my RIB's not left on a mooring very often so don't see the need for a Auto. I was going to fit a thru hull fitting and pipe all the bilge though there.
andy

i will do a cash exchange for the auto bilge pump and you can have some hoses!!
Old 02 July 2007, 17:15   #375

Town: Fareham
Well hang on till I've got the Osprey home first and I'll make my choice as which Pump to use. But yes, if I'm not using it you can have first dibbs

Looks Slow but is Fast
Member of the ebay Blue RIB cover club.
Hightower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 July 2007, 17:28   #376

Quote:
Well hang on till I've got the Osprey home first and I'll make my choice as which Pump to use. But yes, if I'm not using it you can have first dibbs
dib dib dib dob dob
Old 05 July 2007, 02:52   #377

Town: Gloucestershire
Boat name: Osprey
Make: Osprey Vipermax
Length: 5m +
Engine: E-tec 300 G2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Jardon View Post
i think the water now gets in via the trunks as i have not sealed these but have a plan to make some small holes at the bottom to let water out
Hugh I have the same problem with my Viper there is always water in the rear lockers, the thing is I don't have any trunk in one side like you do yet I still get water in both. It makes me wonder where else water could get in through, the only place I can think of is it runs down the Aframe perhaps after getting in through holes for the navlight wiring etc. however the amount that gets in is quite significant so I am not certain the only other place is under the tubes .

Chris

Born fiddler
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 July 2007, 02:56   #378

Town: Bucks
Boat name: Blue & Ding Dong
Make: Ribeye,SR4 & Bombard
Engine: 115,50 & 15Hp Yams
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Hugh I have the same problem with my Viper there is always water in the rear lockers, the thing is I don't have any trunk in one side like you do yet I still get water in both. It makes me wonder where else water could get in through, the only place I can think of is it runs down the Aframe perhaps after getting in through holes for the navlight wiring etc. however the amount that gets in is quite significant so I am not certain the only other place is under the tubes .

Chris
I had the same problem, drilled some holes at the bottom to let it drain! Never used the storage in them anyway!
Old 05 July 2007, 05:20   #379
RIBnet supporter

Town: Cambs/Northants
Length: no boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Hearne View Post
I had the same problem, drilled some holes at the bottom to let it drain! Never used the storage in them anyway!
Just checked mine and they are dry and its been out in the gentle rain we've had, starboard one has stains as if a little water could of been in there
but not now will check again after the next outing

James
Old 05 July 2007, 08:41   #380

the water was getting in first by the holes in the aframe where the wires are presented....i filled these with black sikaflex

i resealed the base where the aframe bolts to the top of the transom box as i have holes to pass the wires thru and i did not use enough sealant first time round.

the place where the water may now be getting in is via the cable trunks that connect to the engine as water could work their way along these but i have now put some small holes at the bottom trunks so that should stop any more.

the access flaps have seals but these are not great but i did coat them with some grease, i suspect these are what are allowing the tiny seapage currently experienced

the hull void is dry as a bone, i just get a little water in the console from the seals round the console and a tiny bit in the transom boxs, probably from the access covers