Old 10 September 2018, 07:42   #21

Town: Stirling
Boat name: The Gurnard
Make: Quicksilver
Length: 4m +
Engine: mariner 25hp 2s
Hi again Fenlander .. I have no problem with folks adding to the story ..so feel free to interact.

Its often the comments that help drive the story line .. when I start making the videos..I have no idea of how they will end or even what they will contain... I just go with the flow and let my imagination go.

An example is Stevie’s comment . Originally I was going to have a serious attempt at playing some of the Vangelis tracks from Conquest of Paradise. Obviously it didn’t work .. so now Im going to town on some of the tracks.

Part four will follow the chord sequence of Light and Shadow from the album.. but I thought the original was a bit of a dirge anyhoo .. so its getting jazzed up with a good healthy beat by Brian my drummer mate .. he is also thinking of adding to the chants.

To add to the ambience of my version..I am included the seagulls from the Ailsa Craig clips. Will it all sound like the ravings of a bird brained lunatic coming off the gravy ? You will have to wait to find out ... as I have to attend hospital this afternoon...so it may be delayed

In the mean time ..for those who have not met Brian before ...this short video will introduce him ...it also lets you all see what equipment I use to get the video clips

Part Four of Magic of Skye will follow after the slight intermission...
Old 10 September 2018, 08:06   #22

Hmm.. I posted another video but don't see it ? Testing ..ok..this post seems to have unstuck the upload ..so ignore this additional bit..or delete
Old 10 September 2018, 08:11   #23

Town: Cambridgeshire
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Length: 3m +
Engine: Yam 15 Tohatsu 9.8
Post #21 has a video... or did you mean there should be one with #22?
Old 10 September 2018, 08:22   #24

Hi Fenlander..when I posted #21 ..the post didn't show. I posted that wee test just to nudge it along and it then appeared. I have noticed that happen before when I post on the last post on a page (eg page 2) before. Perhaps its my computer or a forum bug..but its sorted now
Old 10 September 2018, 09:23   #25

Town: Perth
Make: Funyak
Engine: 20 twatsu
Love it! Excellent interviewee,, but the interviewer (as always) is a dick��. Serious kit producing serious results for you. Your portfolio includes several that I watch even more often than I watch sigourney in 'alien'. And your bodging (diy) skills are professional standard as well. The cover and case look awesome. Thanks again (and please don't count my thumbs for the video as a plea to keep Brian on the payroll!)
Old 10 September 2018, 10:42   #26

Town: Norfolk/Suffolk Borders
Make: no boat
Length: no boat
With all this talk of AI , I'm getting worried about you Donny....

Good luck at the hospital this afternoon ( and keep taking the tablets )
Old 10 September 2018, 14:32   #27
RIBnet supporter

Town: Peel, IOM
Length: no boat
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie Bill View Post
Thanks again (and please don't count my thumbs for the video as a plea to keep Brian on the payroll!)
Wow, i didn't even know I was on the payroll

"Ribbing-the most expensive way of travelling third class"
Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2018, 14:53   #28

I thought Brian a worthy addition to the kit videos as interviewer... less keen on him for adventure stuff. Anyway I thought his visa would have expired now unless you have sponsored him?
Old 11 September 2018, 12:05   #29

Thanks for looking in again guys

Hi again Stevie ..hopefully this soundtrack wont bbe compared with Vangelis’s original Light and Shadow. I have completely rearranged the song and again Im delighted there is no copyright detected by U Tube ..it is happy its an original score. I only used a hint of the originals melody..and obviously the same chord progression . The ailsa craig seagulls add to the keyboard choir registration.. and big mouth Brian does the drumming and vocals ..hopefully in a tasteful way and not overbearing.

Hi Bern..hey a special thanks to you as it was you that got me thinking voiceovers ..I did warn you at the time that Im shy..but with a gravy or so..I can talk the hind legs off a sea eagle. Nothing serious with my hospital visits..I go every two weeks to get the excess gravy drained out my liver. I have been told it will now live as long as I do..so Im happy at that. Life is never perfect .. but its great to be alive.

Thanks again to you too Fenlander ..I had to buy an analogue digital converter to record with the mic you sent. That then gave me the facility to connect the keyboards to the computer (They are recorded direct not through the mic) Anyhoo..I have not played the keyboards since I quit the band and that was in 2004 but Im thoroughly enjoying finding my love of them again and that is thanks to the mic. I hope that shows in the soundtrack. It only took a few hours to record the seven tracks that make up my version. The plan over the winter is to spend more time with the audio side as Im happy enough with the video side of the movies. Perhaps write a few original scores for next years videos.

Brian expired on the main computer..but I have rehired him on my laptop. He wants to interview me about the Quicksilver setup ..a forth coming video.

Hi Big Brian.. I must say..I have a soft spot for wee Brian ..I just need to keep his big mouth under control.

Anyhoo..here is part four..I had to wait until the bin lorry emptied the buckets in the street before I could finish the voiceovers ..I didn’t want that noise effect in the music..

Day two..will follow soon enough..but there might be a break before it does.. I want to get another sound track recorded first.

Best regards
The Gurnard
Old 11 September 2018, 12:41   #30

Well obviously a great video... but isn't that an unforgiving coast if you had problems. No pontoons with tea shops selling postcards to send home either! Definitely an area for the hardened boys and girls.
Old 11 September 2018, 17:04   #31

Town: Ashton-under-Lyne Lancs
Boat name: IMOGEN
Make: Air-Craft 5.4
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki df70a
MMSI: 235087492
RIBase
Send a message via Skype™ to kerny
Stunning footage Donny, [emoji106] I'm glad that we decided to wild camp on Canna instead of Harlosh..... just a few midges and no ticks on our beach [emoji6][emoji106]
Old 11 September 2018, 17:15   #32

Town: Retford
Boat name: Spy-sea-one
Make: Excel 435
Engine: Suzuki Outboard/25/4
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenlander View Post
Well obviously a great video... but isn't that an unforgiving coast if you had problems. No pontoons with tea shops selling postcards to send home either! Definitely an area for the hardened boys and girls.
It's certainty unforgiving but it lures you in so spectacular even after a life time of visiting the area you never tier of it, I nursed an engine that wouldn't tick over all the way round so added to the drama.
Old 11 September 2018, 18:10   #33

>>>nursed an engine that wouldn't tick over

That's unusual for efi as it usually self-regulates to exactly the correct stable idle speed and was one of the impressive things about my 20hp.
Old 11 September 2018, 18:53   #34

RIBase
[QUOTEd=Fenlander;781958]>>>nursed an engine that wouldn't tick over

That's unusual for efi as it usually self-regulates to exactly the correct stable idle speed and was one of the impressive things about my 20hp.[/QUOTE]

I think it's the fuel pump David if I prim the bulb it gets the revs up then if I keep it at 2000 rpm it keeps going all day the pump is a throw away item so need to get it to the mechanic to investigate
Old 11 September 2018, 20:22   #35
RIBnet admin team

Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Engine: Tohatsu 30HP
MMSI: 235089819
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gurnard View Post
Hi Fenlander..when I posted #21 ..the post didn't show. I posted that wee test just to nudge it along and it then appeared. I have noticed that happen before when I post on the last post on a page (eg page 2) before. Perhaps its my computer or a forum bug..but its sorted now

It’s an issue that happens occasionally on a thread. The techie team seem to be able to do something in the background that fixes it - but just posting a 22nd post (or changing your settings to use a different number of posts per page sorts it out). If you notice it becoming more regular - let us know and we’ll make the geeks in the basement work for their Diet Coke.
Old 11 September 2018, 20:28   #36

Make: Destroyer 5.5/Ring18
Engine: Yam 90HP/Yam200HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffstevens763@g View Post
[QUOTEd=Fenlander;781958]>>>nursed an engine that wouldn't tick over

That's unusual for efi as it usually self-regulates to exactly the correct stable idle speed and was one of the impressive things about my 20hp.

I think it's the fuel pump David if I prim the bulb it gets the revs up then if I keep it at 2000 rpm it keeps going all day the pump is a throw away item so need to get it to the mechanic to investigate[/QUOTE]

How many hours has that engine done?
As it seems to have had a few issues ☹️
Old 11 September 2018, 20:38   #37

RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69cmw View Post
I think it's the fuel pump David if I prim the bulb it gets the revs up then if I keep it at 2000 rpm it keeps going all day the pump is a throw away item so need to get it to the mechanic to investigate

How many hours has that engine done?
As it seems to have had a few issues ☹️[/QUOTE]

84 hours went in a few months ago couldn't replicate the problem in the test tank but I have video footage now to prove the problem. Only other thing was it shook like a sh---ng dog on the mounts so all was replaced and sorted. But this is a pain doesn't seem to pull fuel at low revs but will run flat out all day
Old 12 September 2018, 09:18   #38

Hi Kerny.. Im sure we saw you guys heading for Canna ..going like bats outta hell. At least we saw three RIBs way in the distance. The ticks were thick..but you could have done as Highland Haggis did ..slept in his dry suit and midge net..then complained he was a bit damp in the morning.

Fenlander..its certainly not a trip for inexperienced folks in any size of boat so it wont feature as a RIBNET Sib outing. However I'm well used to small boats and think nothing of these multi day adventures to remote places. They are well planned in advance. You may recall that two years ago I did Rassay..Rona..The Crowlins and the east coast of Skye in my 9ft long F Rib powered by 6HP. I was alone then too. Different folks have different comfort zones and experience. They tell me you can drown in a spoonful of water .. so any type of boating has risks for the unwary.

Thanks Poly and I have experienced it around four or five times in the years I have posted. I know it just needs another post to clear the blockage so its not really an issue for me.

Jeff ..I felt for you especially in the making of this Part 5 as you could not lower revs to get in close to see the detail

Anyhoo..here is part 5 and what many coastal connoisseurs consider the best cliff section in the UK.

Best Regards
The Gurnard
Old 12 September 2018, 11:24   #39

RIBase

just a small one from me
Old 12 September 2018, 19:56   #40

Town: Denny
Boat name: Highland Bluewater
Length: 6m +
Loved part 5........my favourite part of Skye.

I hate it when folk say this...but one minute fifty secs in you pass a bay with a pinnacle in the middle of it. If you're there again take a wee nose into that bay, it's one of the highlights of that area.

Booked up again for Stein next July already and counting the weeks