Go Back   RIBnet Forums > RIB talk > RIB gallery
Click Here to Login

Old 05 October 2003, 09:55   #1
Administrator

Town: Brighton
Length: 3m +
The dark side sees the light?

Jon Fuller, former scourge of RIBnet and best chum of Dirk Diggler, is well known for his preference of hard boats over RIBs. But it seems that he may have seen the light at last!

Yesterday at the Drivers Wharf Poker Run he was seen riding in a Phantom Evolution RIB (see, the beloved Phantom has evolved into a RIB -- must be progress!), a 6.5 metre Scorpion RIB and a Scorpion cabin RIB. He didn't show much interest at all in any of the hard boats.

Look! Here he is in a RIB:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	jonfuller1.jpg
Views:	538
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	3155  
Old 05 October 2003, 10:00   #2
Administrator

Oh yes, I forgot to mention that it was also towing an Extreme Marine race boat.

See, they don't even need tubes to fall off to make them stop

By the way the poker run was a great day out. Thanks to Gill & Fiona and everyone else at Drivers Wharf. Look out for more next year!

John
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	jonfuller2.jpg
Views:	535
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	3156  
Old 05 October 2003, 10:22   #3

Town: scotland
Boat name: Leviathan
Make: Phantom
Length: 8m +
Engine: GM Diesels

In an interesting and unpresidented admission, whilst enjoying the evening prize giving and discussing my ride in Chris Stricklands 10M Scorpion, Mr Kennett announced he would like to try the 10m boat WITHOUT the tubes, as he felt their removal would make no difference whatsoever!.....well, talk about dark side see's the light! Touche Mr K!

As a footnote, I'd like to point out to some of forums 'experts' that the smallest rib to choose the non 'mincers' long run out to the needles, which turned out to be quite rough (slight understatement) was the tiny tubed 'rather silly sport rib' by 'Phantom Evolution' joined only by the Techno 40 and Chris's 10m Scorpion, all running at very impressive speed in the unfriendly seas! When rounding shingles elbow, I did ask myself, 'so where is the representitive from the 'site of the bravest mariners in the world' got to? surely he didn't choose the 'mincers' course! no, that couldn't be, he must have broken down! Sadly the breakdown proved only to be mental. LOL
Old 05 October 2003, 10:37   #4

Make: FB 55
Length: 10m +

So, who won the Poker run John?
Old 05 October 2003, 13:39   #5
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Jon Fuller
Mr Kennett announced he would like to try the 10m boat WITHOUT the tubes, as he felt their removal would make no difference whatsoever!
Not quite, but nearly! I don't know how much difference the tubes make -- that's why it would be interesting to try!
Quote:
the smallest rib to choose the non 'mincers' long run out to the needles, which turned out to be quite rough (slight understatement) was the tiny tubed 'rather silly sport rib' by 'Phantom Evolution' joined only by the Techno 40 and Chris's 10m Scorpion, all running at very impressive speed in the unfriendly seas!
It wasn't all that rough really, but it was certainly a bit bumpy. Having nothing to prove I split the difference between the mincers' course and the ruffty tuffty course -- good thing I turned back when I did as they were already starting the next leg by the time I got back!

The Phantom Evolution was certainly running well (as it should have done with Neil "seven times world champion" Holmes at the wheel!). The Tecno 40 was nothing sort of awesome in the bumpy bits, but a V24 batboat was giving it a real run for its money.

Chris Strickland won the poker run with 4 tens. Despite that (!) in all it was definitely a good day out. Thanks Stuart for the loan of the boat too

John

John
Old 05 October 2003, 13:47   #6

Quote:
Originally posted by John Kennett
It wasn't all that rough really,
I don't want to be picky, but how would you know? You turned back long before the rough bit!
Old 05 October 2003, 13:58   #7
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Jon Fuller
You turned back long before the rough bit!
I turned back a couple of miles before Needles Elbow. Must have just missed the terrifying "wall of water" out past the Hurst Narrows

John
Old 05 October 2003, 13:59   #8

Quote:
Originally posted by John Kennett
I turned back a couple of miles before Needles Elbow. Must have just missed the terrifying "wall of water" out past the Hurst Narrows

John

MMmmmmm! tell us again why you turned back!
Old 05 October 2003, 14:04   #9
Administrator

Didn't want to keep everyone waiting. Little did I know they weren't going to bloody wait anyway . . .

John
Old 05 October 2003, 23:10   #10

Make: HumberOceanOffshore
Engine: Volvo KAD300/DPX
How does it feel to be back Jon?
Old 06 October 2003, 07:42   #11

Town: SOUTHAMPTON
Boat name: Won't get Fooled Again
Make: Ribtec
Length: 6.5
Engine: Honda 130
I am glad he is back anyway, although I suspect the tranquil lake that is Ribnet will soon be ripply

JK You are welcome to the boat , it seems a small thank you for the time and effort you have put into the site.
Old 06 October 2003, 09:04   #12

Make: HumberOceanOffshore
Engine: Volvo KAD300/DPX
Quote:
Originally posted by thewavehumper
I am glad he is back anyway, although I suspect the tranquil lake that is Ribnet will soon be ripply
Wave, Yes, no bad thing though.
Old 06 October 2003, 11:53   #13

Make: phantom evolution
Length: 7m +
Engine: outboards
Send a message via AIM to Powerboat Academy
small chop

I just like to say a big thank you to andy edwoods for letting me drive his new 7.5 evo rib i did have loads of fun as im sure we all did on the day (thanks Jill & Fiona for a great day out ) The cards we got we not as good as we would like (not even 2 of a kind) but loved it anyway.To mark pascoe a big well done for your funny round up of the days events. (and you didnt choke saying the words phantom evolution as a fellow rib builder i thank you )
Now words of the day go to Jon fuller as he jumped to anther boat ''Just follow the tecno 40 Neil he knows where to go '' mmmmmmm when you see a 1500 HP 40 ft boat leaping right out of the water at high speed in rough seas and your in a 225 hp opti on a 25 ft boat trying to keep up i know that we will be in for some in flight entertainment (andy dont look down ) I cant wait for the next one (sorry andy did you want to drive ops i forgot to ask him )

Neil