Old 22 August 2019, 13:30   #1
dnv

Town: Hamburg
Boat name: Der Delphin
Make: Parker
Length: 6m +
Engine: Inboard Diesel 120HP
Thanks to Andre for a great ride on his Parker 800

Sorry - I did not take pictures, but Andre will add some...

After sailing a yacht from Germany to Lymington, I was staying at Berthon for a couple of days to get her into race mode for the Fastnet Race. When our ETA became a FTA (fixed time of arrival), I gave Andre a ring. We made an appointment for two days later to pick me up and to show me his newest demo boat. Effectively it was a prolonged taxi ride to the Fastnet dinner ;-)

The Parker Baltic 800 is an impressive rib, even compared to my Parker 630. Naturally, it is offering much more space and a bit more power is available on the throttles. The seakeeping capability appears to be of similar superior quality as I am used to from my boat. My Parker was build in 2007, and the building quality has even improved. GREY MIST is coded and has all you can ask for. My favourite is the boss sized magnetic compass.
The installed power of 2x 170 hp from two two litres inboard diesel is sufficient if you are not after lightning speed, but after economic voyages in any condition. DTS is a nice thing, and certainly a matter of personal preference. My preference is an all mechanic / hydraulic set up, but I have to acknowledge that technology is changing.

Andre, thanks again for taking your time to pick me up and to give me a blast to the needles and over to Cowes!
Old 22 August 2019, 13:53   #2

Town: West Sussex
Length: no boat
Hi Jan

it was a pleasure and always good to see you. You forgot to mention that you were at the helm from Lymington to Cowes via the Needles

These are the only two photos
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3457a.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	130573   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3459a.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	130574