Ok, haven't had much time to update this, but things have been happening (slowly).
Rubbing strake is on, although it needs a little touching up as some edges haven't stuck properly. I need to finish off the tubes around the bow and tidy up a few bits.
Transom has been cut away a little to accept the engine saddle (stevetheboat...whats the red layer next to the plywood in the transom?).
Console design has been altered for use as a single central driving position because I discovered that I wasn't going to fit side by side seating in. I have attached a fancy CAD drawing of the console I did today. This has helped me ensure that panels are not twisted (I figured it would be easier to make if the panels weren't twisted) and will enable me to calculate the exact panel sizes.
I have in my garage, 3 sheets of ply, a B pack of west system epoxy, a load of colliodal silica and some pumps. I decided against the foam core idea as the foam I had in mind is a bit "crumbly" and with plywood I won't have to glass the inside, just epoxy it.
Engine bolts are almost sorted (see my engine bolt thread!) and I'm getting an entel VHF and Garmin 160 blue fish finder nice and cheap
Also, my aluminium fuel tank should be being made any time soon.
I also now have one of those bembridge outboards covers thanks to Ray Bradman, although it doesn't fit very well without a console in the boat!
I will post some more pics of the tube stuff in a jiffy.