I really should update this more often.
Ok I've done loads since my last update.
All the cables were threaded through. Thats fuel, throttle, gear, pos and neg main feed, bilge pump, fish finder transducer, pitot tube pipe and the cables from the throttle.
Most significantly the console is in! Bout time. Went in no problems with loads of sikaflex and self tappers (see pic). After all the holes were drilled we sat the console on its end as shown so I could sikaflex it up. It was then a case of lowering it down carefully and getting all the cables underneath then screwing it up. I used a drill with a ratchet to prevent me from over tightening the screws. After it wwas down I went round the edge with more sikaflex to give a nice clean finish and get rid of any "water traps".
As you can see all the holes are cut in the console (speedo, rev, fuel, steering, compass) and cable entry/exits.
One set back was that I managed to completely cock up an attempt to re-flocoat the bench seat by using some dodgey flocoat and a hardener that didn't seem to match (either that or I used too much
) A nasty lumpy mess is the best discription I can give! That all had to be sanded down and re-coated at extra cost
It does however now look real pucker (see pic).
The upholstery has also been done. Grumpy, its pretty good really although I may have made the jockey seat a little fat! Its similar, I would imagine, to sitting on a baby elephant. Never mind, i'll ride in comfort
1. Console on its end ready to sikaflex. Covering the tubes was a good idea!
2. Console in!
3. Not sure what this pic shows. Cables and general mess.
4. Console with throttle control
5. Inside the console from the front hatch