Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 30 March 2015, 04:24   #421
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Folkestone
Length: 5m +
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 52
Nice Looking boat, I like the seating arrangement i want to try and sort something similar in mine, I was looking for a box like the one fw'ed of your console, did you buy or build it?
__________________

__________________
alexg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2015, 07:51   #422
Member
 
phoenixpete's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Okeford fitzpaine
Boat name: Hi Flyer
Make: Humber
Length: 7m +
Engine: Suzuki DF 175
MMSI: 235033234
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 166
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexg View Post
Nice Looking boat, I like the seating arrangement i want to try and sort something similar in mine, I was looking for a box like the one fw'ed of your console, did you buy or build it?
Hi Alex.
The box at the bow I found at my mates in a corner doing nothing, it was a lot bigger and must have come from another boat console. I cut it down made to make it fit ,as the fuel tank I fitted stuck out from the console quite a bit ( 53lt) Works a treat and also has room for a toolkit and some of my fishing tackle in.
As for the seats, I would have preferred to have the 2 rear pods side by side but as the seariders are quite narrow it would have been tight. 2 seats would probably do most of the time but the extra storage in the pods is worth having over the extra deck space of 2 seats. I can get 3 x 5lt petrol cans in the rear seat and I have a battery in each of the front pods with loads of room left for everything else I need.
__________________

__________________
phoenixpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2015, 13:50   #423
RIBnet supporter
 
nugent's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Bromsgrove
Boat name: Kick-Ass !
Make: PAC/Artic 22
Length: 6m +
Engine: 250hp Yamaha
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 3,369
Thought this deserved a spot here
Toms, refurbed. Tub
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1517932415.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	104371   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2025902959.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	104372   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1691735767.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	104373   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-203132614.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	104374  
__________________

MY BIGGEST WORRY IS THAT MY WIFE(WHEN I"M DEAD)WILL SELL MY TOY'S FOR WHAT I SAID I PAID FOR THEM.
nugent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2015, 14:04   #424
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Make: avon
Length: 4m +
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 30
Hi All,
Some of you may recognize the boat as you might have seen thread about refurb. herea re some pic from first test in the water 2 weeks ago in Swanage:



( I had to erase my colegue )
__________________
Polspear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 August 2016, 12:57   #425
Member
 
Country: Netherlands
Town: Deventer
Boat name: .
Make: Avon
Length: 6m +
Engine: outboard
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 94
4.7M on the tiller..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2910.JPG
Views:	85
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	114926   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2943.JPG
Views:	93
Size:	104.4 KB
ID:	114927   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2958.JPG
Views:	97
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	114928  
__________________
J.W.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2016, 07:56   #426
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Exeter
Boat name: SR4
Make: Avon
Length: 4m +
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 8
Project Sr 4

Picked this one up on Sunday...
First rib and new to here.
Lots of work to be done and will be posting progress on here as well as asking very nicely for some advice along the way. There seems to be a lot of knowledge in these pages
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1160.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	239.5 KB
ID:	116275
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1161.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	166.2 KB
ID:	116276
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1162.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	118.2 KB
ID:	116277
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1165.JPG
Views:	103
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	116278
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1164.JPG
Views:	101
Size:	145.6 KB
ID:	116279
__________________
Transportercraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2016, 11:09   #427
RIBnet supporter
 
Chris Caton's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Wirral & Caernarfon
Boat name: That's Enuff
Make: Revenger & Avon SR4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Honda 150HP & 50HP
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transportercraft View Post
Picked this one up on Sunday...
First rib and new to here.
Lots of work to be done and will be posting progress on here as well as asking very nicely for some advice along the way. There seems to be a lot of knowledge in these pages
nice looking SR4, and welcome to RIBnet by the way, yeah loads of good advice on here, plenty of banter too, lots of options with a Searider project
__________________
Member of S.A.B.S. (Wirral Division)
Chris Caton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2016, 12:19   #428
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Exeter
Boat name: SR4
Make: Avon
Length: 4m +
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Caton View Post
nice looking SR4, and welcome to RIBnet by the way, yeah loads of good advice on here, plenty of banter too, lots of options with a Searider project
Thanks Chris,

I've been lurking quietly on here for a while, its made for some interesting reading!

Can't wait to get started on it! I paid next to nothing for it, including the trailer so I couldn't really turn it down despite having some reservations about the apparent condition of the tubes.

The hull, floor and transom appear to be solid and in good condition though, so I've got a good 'base' so to speak. I'll be looking to fabricate a new seat/console and in the short term at least just tidy the tubes up, give them a good clean and replace some of the patches etc and possibly paint them but will hopefully get it re-tubed in the not too distant future. Finances allowing

Anyway, thanks for the welcome and watch this space
__________________
Transportercraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2016, 12:29   #429
RIBnet supporter
 
Chris Caton's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Wirral & Caernarfon
Boat name: That's Enuff
Make: Revenger & Avon SR4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Honda 150HP & 50HP
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transportercraft View Post
Thanks Chris,

I've been lurking quietly on here for a while, its made for some interesting reading!

Can't wait to get started on it! I paid next to nothing for it, including the trailer so I couldn't really turn it down despite having some reservations about the apparent condition of the tubes.

The hull, floor and transom appear to be solid and in good condition though, so I've got a good 'base' so to speak. I'll be looking to fabricate a new seat/console and in the short term at least just tidy the tubes up, give them a good clean and replace some of the patches etc and possibly paint them but will hopefully get it re-tubed in the not too distant future. Finances allowing

Anyway, thanks for the welcome and watch this space
hmmmmm ............ seem to remember my refurb started something similar
if the tubes hold air and look ok then it's very likely they can be repaired at a fraction of the cost of a re-tube, it's always worth asking for advice from the likes of henshaws and SIT etc, my console/jockey seats was supplied and fitted my Mike Whitham, Whitham Glassfibre, top bloke and knows his way around seariders
__________________
Member of S.A.B.S. (Wirral Division)
Chris Caton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 September 2016, 14:13   #430
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Exeter
Boat name: SR4
Make: Avon
Length: 4m +
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Caton View Post
hmmmmm ............ seem to remember my refurb started something similar
if the tubes hold air and look ok then it's very likely they can be repaired at a fraction of the cost of a re-tube, it's always worth asking for advice from the likes of henshaws and SIT etc, my console/jockey seats was supplied and fitted my Mike Whitham, Whitham Glassfibre, top bloke and knows his way around seariders

Thanks Chris,

I got Henshaws to price up a re-tube 😳
A refurb it'll be then! 😂

I'm looking forward to building a console myself actually.... I convert vans into campers for a living so I've got a few "skills"

Cheers for pointing me in the right directions though 👍🏻
__________________

__________________
Transportercraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:51.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.