Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 20 June 2015, 19:19   #381
RIBnet supporter
 
Chris Caton's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Wirral & Caernarfon
Boat name: That's Enuff
Make: Revenger & Avon SR4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Honda 150HP & 50HP
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,092
Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Have you had it remapped then as mine is limited to 80
you can change the limit without going for a drastic re-map Mick
__________________
Member of S.A.B.S. (Wirral Division)
Chris Caton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2015, 22:58   #382
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: South Coast
Boat name: Scooby Doo
Make: Arctic Blue 27
Length: 8m +
Engine: QSD 4.2 350 Diesel
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 28
It was a bit slower on the way back! No need for more power up hills and breaking was fine, although if you are towing a long rig (10.8m from tow ball to skeg) you really need a long wheel base landy.
__________________

__________________
Scooby Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2015, 23:22   #383
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: South Coast
Boat name: Scooby Doo
Make: Arctic Blue 27
Length: 8m +
Engine: QSD 4.2 350 Diesel
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 28
Sold a 2005 puma for the new 2.2 XS, before they were all spoken for. It’s more civilized, quieter, more planted on the road, stereo is good. We had an early puma, but the 2.2 seems better put together, doors close smother and gear change is better. Just a bit more polished. Ironic they got it totally sorted just in time to stop production. Not to say the earlier ones weren't great, we loved our puma!!
__________________
Scooby Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2015, 03:41   #384
RIBnet supporter
 
mick's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Wakefield
Boat name: Bouncer
Make: Redbay Stormforce
Length: 6m +
Engine: 2x Honda 90Hp
MMSI: 235025718
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 3,940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Doo View Post
It was a bit slower on the way back! No need for more power up hills and breaking was fine, although if you are towing a long rig (10.8m from tow ball to skeg) you really need a long wheel base landy.

That's where my 130 comes in a lot smoother over the bumps but forget the turning circle
__________________
B S Wing Man Yorkshire Division
( Gods Own Country )
B.I.O.C member
mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2015, 20:35   #385
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Make: Humber / Phantom
Length: 5m +
Engine: Lots of Yamahas
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 119
1.6 litre used regularly for launching Humber rib and fishing boat pictured. I am careful not to get it wet though. Probably the oldest one still doing this sort of thing, what would the anoraks think if they saw this! looking at the prices they now fetch, perhaps I should retire it!

__________________
phantom 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2015, 05:18   #386
RIBnet supporter
 
Chris Caton's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Wirral & Caernarfon
Boat name: That's Enuff
Make: Revenger & Avon SR4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Honda 150HP & 50HP
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,092
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom 19 View Post
1.6 litre used regularly for launching Humber rib and fishing boat pictured. I am careful not to get it wet though. Probably the oldest one still doing this sort of thing, what would the anoraks think if they saw this! looking at the prices they now fetch, perhaps I should retire it!

nice to see a real 80" doing what they were built for, well done but if you ever decide to sell it let me know, I know someone who would love it for what it is, n not an anorak!!
__________________
Member of S.A.B.S. (Wirral Division)
Chris Caton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2015, 14:50   #387
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Make: Humber / Phantom
Length: 5m +
Engine: Lots of Yamahas
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Caton View Post
nice to see a real 80" doing what they were built for, well done but if you ever decide to sell it let me know, I know someone who would love it for what it is, n not an anorak!!
I am forever being asked to sell it or getting silly offers from people who want to either make a quick profit or to restore it - I just tell them it doesn't need restoring, which it doesn't, as it is totally original and it has never been welded!
__________________
phantom 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2015, 15:19   #388
RIBnet supporter
 
Chris Caton's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Wirral & Caernarfon
Boat name: That's Enuff
Make: Revenger & Avon SR4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Honda 150HP & 50HP
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,092
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom 19 View Post
I am forever being asked to sell it or getting silly offers from people who want to either make a quick profit or to restore it - I just tell them it doesn't need restoring, which it doesn't, as it is totally original and it has never been welded!
it looks spot on to me, there's already far too many series ones out there that have been over restored, then the owners are scared to use them for what they were built for because of the money that's been spent, far better to have an original working motor that can still do the business, stick to you guns n carry on as you are
__________________
Member of S.A.B.S. (Wirral Division)
Chris Caton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2015, 07:57   #389
Member
 
blueboy758's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Thornaby
Boat name: Storm
Make: Humber Ocean Pro 6.5
Length: 6m +
Engine: Suzuki DF 150
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 307
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByRIB Net1436702213.382961.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	106915

My new Humber ocean pro 6.5m
😁😁😁
__________________
blueboy758 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2015, 08:13   #390
Member
 
The Black Pig's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Salcombe
Boat name: The Black Pig
Make: Ranieri
Length: 4m +
Engine: 60c hp tohatsu
MMSI: 235038018
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 290
Send a message via AIM to The Black Pig
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Caton View Post
it looks spot on to me, there's already far too many series ones out there that have been over restored, then the owners are scared to use them for what they were built for because of the money that's been spent, far better to have an original working motor that can still do the business, stick to you guns n carry on as you are
Amen to that one, mine is a 1972 series 3 lightweight relatively new by comparison I used to back her in the salty stuff but it locked up after a rest even though I hosed down after, so I launch running the rig over the sand and a pull out with a rope to recover

http://www.rib.net/forum/attachment....1&d=1436703147
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	127.4 KB
ID:	106917  
__________________

__________________
The Black Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:26.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.