Bit late in replying to Ian's posts, just got back from Red Sea hol's (4am this morning yorn).
I shaped the the console to fit around the raised part from the deck, apart from cutting a slit across the forward part of the raised section, allowing the leading edge of the console to slip and lock into. The only bit that had a large gap was at the back of the new console where it over hung the raised section, so I used resin fillet and biaxxial glass tape to bridge the gap
I did remove the rasied parts the fuel tanks at the rear rested against and the fastest way was to use a course disc sanding disc backed with the rubber support on a small angle grinder. (worked a treat)
I have just upgraded my 60hp Yam to a 90hp Yam and awaiting a time for major sea trials, away this weekend, but next weekend oh yes.