While I did the hull the engine went away for service including timing belt change, gearbox overhaul (fishing line round prop shaft knackered the oil seals), new prop and new ignition barrel. I was going to rebuild and respray the cowling but I managed to lay my hands on a new one at a very reasonable price.
Once I'd finished the hull it was time to give the tubes some tlc. I got some quotes for a retube but these were way out of budget so instead I sent it to Scott at Rib Repair for a refurb. Scott and his boys did and amazing job and were real value for money. Jobs they did included removing all old patches, rubbing strakes, grab handles and lines and all 3 valves and replacing them all. Also they put wear patches in places it needed it including over the bow to protect from chaffing mooring and anchor lines, on top of the tubes where people sit, on the back end of the tubes again for mooring lines and security chains when afloat as well as on the end of the cones and under the bow.
I was really impressed with their work and would recommend them to anybody. I honestly thought they had replaced the tubes when I went to pick up the boat as they had transformed it that much. It really made the boat look smart and made all my hard work doing the rest of the boat worth while.
Once I got it back to my work workshop it was time to spend three days fitting it out again. New console, steering system and control cables, refit engine, transom brackets and transom plate all with new stainless eye bolts to provide lots of places to attach tow ropes and mooring lines. New auto bilge pump (no float switch to stand on and break!). Finally new morning lines, bridle, towlines and grab lines to finish it all off.
Sent from my iPad using Rib.net
Freelance skipper, RYA Powerboat Trainer and Advanced Examiner