After 6 months afloat the work done last winter held up well with no cracks appearing or bits falling off! The only thing that didn't work to well was the float switch for the bilge pump broke when somebody stood on it and it seems I didn't completely seal the bung fitting in the well to drain the under deck compartment which meant this filled with water slowly if the boat sat with water in it for a while. Only minor things and all easily fixable.
So, after 6 months use with the new deck and transom installed, its time for part 2 of the refurb to take place. Jobs to Ben done - refurb or replace tubes, service engine including timing belt, gear box seals and repair damaged couling, turn boat over and tidy up hull which at some time in is life has been painted with numerous layers of paint and antifouling in various colours. A few hours work!
First job was the hull so engine off and boat turned over I set about it with the belt sander and polisher with sanding head fitted. Two days and lots of worn out sanding belts later it was down to the original gelcoat and something solid to start laying new flow coat on to. Underneath all the red paint it was actually in fairly good condition. A few chips on spray rails to fill and a bit of tidying up on a patch I'd done previously to the front part of the keel was all it needed
Freelance skipper, RYA Powerboat Trainer and Advanced Examiner