We decided that since the weather was so great yesterday that the opportunity to join the masses of other boats on the water couldn't be missed...... a few phone calls later, we met up with some friends on their 5.8m Narwhall "The Goose" for a trip out round Skomer to spot the last of the Puffins before they go back North (and also try and find some dolphins...).
Anyhow, we saw around 20 porpoises on the way out (camera shy as ever), but no dolphins sadly.... another time.
The water conditions round the west side of Skomer were pretty good - we decided to go the wrong way round, into the current head on, which meant that although we were only doing 15 knots, the boat was actually doing nearly 20 knots in the water. The GPS clocked 4.9knots of tide when we were drifting, which is pretty good.
I took the usual (boring if you call it that) amount of video.....
Broadband users can stream it from:
with Windows Media Player or equivalent.
But I have put the larger file on
which is 25meg for download.
1) A few boats (24) in the lock at Milford Marina
2) Sea Drive hiding at the back infront of two old french sailing boats
3) The Goose on flat conditions on the way out to Skomer
4) The west side of skomer ploughing through the 'lively' conditions
5) A wave dropping away from behind us - it was taller than the a-frame