Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 11 September 2007, 23:09   #11
Member
 
Country: Canada
Town: Tobermory, Canada eh
Boat name: Verius
Make: Zodiac Hurricane 590
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yamaha F150
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,345
Send a message via MSN to Stoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogib View Post
Well on August 27th group of people went for sea swimming to a nearby island and the rescue teams where safety boats and they where taking the swimmers back to shore however although not for long distance my opinion is they should have be worn lifevests especially as it is rescue team doing the transport.
So let me make sure I've got this clear... these folks swam to the island in the cold water, without lifejackets. (Presumably indicating that they are (a) tolerant to cold (b) skilled swimmers and (c) sharp as corks). Then this lifeboat thing picks them up and quickly pops them back from where they came.

Worse case is what? They fall out of the boat and have to swim to shore... like they just did?

Geez guys, lighten up.
__________________

__________________
Pump it up and RIDE!

www.wetspotimages.com
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2007, 03:42   #12
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Warwick
Boat name: Maximus
Make: X-362 Sport
Length: 10m +
Engine: 30hp Diesel!
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogib View Post
Well on August 27th group of people went for sea swimming to a nearby island and the rescue teams where safety boats and they where taking the swimmers back to shore however although not for long distance my opinion is they should have be worn lifevests especially as it is rescue team doing the transport.

Bogi
is the lady in the fetching shower cap frantically attracting the attention of the safety boat?......
__________________

__________________
Slomofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2007, 05:42   #13
Member
 
Bigmuz7's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Glasgow
Boat name: stramash
Make: Tornado
Length: 5m +
Engine: Etec 90
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slomofo View Post
is the lady in the fetching shower cap frantically attracting the attention of the safety boat?......
Yes .. shes just been advised that she is the subject of 13 post thread on RibNet, and has seen sense, decided to do away with her foolhardy attitude and is requesting a life jacket .....
__________________
Bigmuz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2007, 10:33   #14
RIBnet supporter
 
bogib's Avatar
 
Country: Iceland
Town: Reykjavik
Boat name: Cheesee
Make: Seaquel 600 XS
Length: 6m +
Engine: Mercury 275 Verado
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,959
Send a message via Skype™ to bogib
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slomofo View Post
is the lady in the fetching shower cap frantically attracting the attention of the safety boat?......
could be.... at least the photographer was a crew on one of the safety boats..... more likely she wanted the attention... to be on picture

Bogi
__________________
RIBs and ribbing is my life
www.sjosport.is
bogib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2007, 10:33   #15
RIBnet supporter
 
bogib's Avatar
 
Country: Iceland
Town: Reykjavik
Boat name: Cheesee
Make: Seaquel 600 XS
Length: 6m +
Engine: Mercury 275 Verado
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,959
Send a message via Skype™ to bogib
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmuz7 View Post
Yes .. shes just been advised that she is the subject of 13 post thread on RibNet, and has seen sense, decided to do away with her foolhardy attitude and is requesting a life jacket .....
good point......

Bogi
__________________
RIBs and ribbing is my life
www.sjosport.is
bogib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2007, 22:54   #16
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 12,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
So let me make sure I've got this clear... these folks swam to the island in the cold water, without lifejackets. (Presumably indicating that they are (a) tolerant to cold (b) skilled swimmers and (c) sharp as corks). Then this lifeboat thing picks them up and quickly pops them back from where they came.

Worse case is what? They fall out of the boat and have to swim to shore... like they just did?

Geez guys, lighten up.
I think you will find most of us were being just a little sarcastic in our comments......
__________________
codprawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2007, 06:50   #17
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southampton
Boat name: Eighth Child
Make: Rib X
Length: 6m +
Engine: 150 E-Tec
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 265
More sensible in Holland

They pack more in to a boat in Holland and they wear life jackets.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	b8.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	30075  
__________________

__________________
Peter J is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:43.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.