Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 14 August 2012, 02:51   #11
Member
 
Country: Denmark
Town: Skanderborg
Boat name: pimp
Make: Ribtec
Length: 6m +
Engine: outboard
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertus View Post
Some more photos at the begin stage.

- I bought hull somewhere in Belgium at someone's barn
- Bought a new tube from Zodiac. (pro version nice )
- Washed of my Id plate, this is whats left of it

More to come...................
Hi. I got a 530 Pro as well. My id plate is "not visible". Can someone tell me, the dry weight of the boat without engine, max engine HP, max engine weight etc. Thanks in forward

Cheers Thomas
__________________

__________________
tso_privat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2012, 09:34   #12
Member
 
Country: Denmark
Town: Skanderborg
Boat name: pimp
Make: Ribtec
Length: 6m +
Engine: outboard
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertus View Post
Hello all, 2 fotos of mij rib. Mij first rib and I love it.

First post and love the forum.
Are there more pro 530 on this forum? please send me details because would like to know some more details and info of the boat model. All info welkom.
The Console is under construction and is a look-a-like of the pro open. orderd the glass of the pro open.

aLL info welkom
Really nicew. Got one as well. What size of engine ?

Cheers Thomas
__________________

__________________
tso_privat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2013, 17:28   #13
Member
 
Country: USA
Town: Oregon
Boat name: SCUBA Tank
Make: Zodiac
Length: 5m +
Engine: Evinrude 120
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by tso_privat View Post
Hi. I got a 530 Pro as well. My id plate is "not visible". Can someone tell me, the dry weight of the boat without engine, max engine HP, max engine weight etc. Thanks in forward

Cheers Thomas

I have a Hurricane pro 530 as well. In fact, I purchased a hull, saw the part numbers on your tubes that you ordered, contacted Zodiac in France and purchased some. The boat is almost finished now. My number plate is in tact and legible. Here's what it says.

Type/ model P 5300
poids/ total KG 245
total weight Lb. 539
weight capacity 1000 KG
Max # of persons 10
Max Horsepower 120

Hope this helps. I'm new to the forum but will surely be lurking from now on. This will be used as another one of my dive boats. I built my own integrated A-frame light bar and leaning post bench seats. Also built my own console out of aluminum, standing center console with inset side-scan sonar, VHF, switch panel, battery boxes, and shelving. BTW, I have a full fab shop at home so it's sort of fun for me....I build airplanes so a boat is a slam dunk for me. Oh, and mine has an Evinrude 120 on it.

JT
__________________
dive4it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2013, 02:03   #14
Member
 
Country: Denmark
Town: Skanderborg
Boat name: pimp
Make: Ribtec
Length: 6m +
Engine: outboard
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by dive4it View Post
I have a Hurricane pro 530 as well. In fact, I purchased a hull, saw the part numbers on your tubes that you ordered, contacted Zodiac in France and purchased some. The boat is almost finished now. My number plate is in tact and legible. Here's what it says.

Type/ model P 5300
poids/ total KG 245
total weight Lb. 539
weight capacity 1000 KG
Max # of persons 10
Max Horsepower 120

Hope this helps. I'm new to the forum but will surely be lurking from now on. This will be used as another one of my dive boats. I built my own integrated A-frame light bar and leaning post bench seats. Also built my own console out of aluminum, standing center console with inset side-scan sonar, VHF, switch panel, battery boxes, and shelving. BTW, I have a full fab shop at home so it's sort of fun for me....I build airplanes so a boat is a slam dunk for me. Oh, and mine has an Evinrude 120 on it.

JT
Uhh Nice. Would love to see some pictures.

Cheers From Denmark

Thomas
__________________
tso_privat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2013, 09:43   #15
Member
 
Country: USA
Town: Oregon
Boat name: SCUBA Tank
Make: Zodiac
Length: 5m +
Engine: Evinrude 120
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 11
I think I'll start a new thread with the progress that I've made on the 530. I painted the aluminum console last night but am not happy with the way the paint layed out so I may strip it again.

JT
__________________
dive4it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2013, 13:21   #16
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: N. Devon
Boat name: Nutkin Too
Make: X-Pro Defender
Length: 5m +
Engine: Outboard, Suzuki 90
MMSI: 235095884
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,367
RIBase
Hi guys, nice pics - not a 5.3 but it's slightly smaller brother

__________________
Andy

Bude Dive Club - www.budediveclub.co.uk
GAFIRS - www.gafirs.org.uk
treerat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2013, 08:45   #17
Member
 
Phil M's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Whitehaven
Boat name: Pegasus
Make: Zodiac Pro 530
Length: 5m +
Engine: 115hp Merc 4st
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 337
I also have a Pro 530 with a Mariner 75 clamshell on the back. I've only had it since last October so not been out much but it handles well and will make a good dive platform with the large rear deck space. I'd like to upgrade at some point to something a little less thirsty with a little more grunt. Anybody know the max transom weight for one of these? I'd also love to put a fuel tank under the deck but that is a little too scary a project at the moment.

I've made a bow locker for it now out of fiberglass. Will post details in its own thread when it is finally finished.

Phil
__________________
Phil M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2013, 16:46   #18
Member
 
cgoing's Avatar
 
Country: USA
Town: Connecticut
Make: Zodiac
Length: 6m +
Engine: Undecided
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 572
Pro 530

I just finished a full restoration of mine last year. We cut out the deck , installed an underdeck fuel tank and customer fabbed a bow locker for it. I also installed stainless transom supports like the Seariders use. I chose a Etec 75 and it goes fairly well and sips fuel. This year I am adding a new T top and some electronics.

Zodiac did not have a maximum weight for the outboard back when these were built. However a two stroke 120hp was around 320 lbs back in 1989 when mine was built.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pro 530 July.JPG
Views:	622
Size:	127.9 KB
ID:	77822  
__________________
cgoing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2013, 17:08   #19
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Boat name: Son of a Beach
Make: Avon SR4
Length: 4m +
Engine: Mercury 50hp
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 130
Are these good seaworthy boats? - What are they like for speed? And what about in rough seas? I'm just asking as they're on my possible future purchase list.
__________________
Tim in Yorkshire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2013, 18:05   #20
Member
 
Country: USA
Town: Oregon
Boat name: SCUBA Tank
Make: Zodiac
Length: 5m +
Engine: Evinrude 120
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim in Yorkshire View Post
Are these good seaworthy boats? - What are they like for speed? And what about in rough seas? I'm just asking as they're on my possible future purchase list.

These are the "hurricane" models (at least mine is) and they were built for military/coast guard. Compared to my civilian Zodiac Bombard, they are twice as thick in all areas of the hull, heavier, but built to withstand....well....a hurricane. I don't think you could hurt these if you tried and as far as sinking or rolling turtle, it would take more than a hurricane to do it. My hull is more than 1 1/4" thick.

JT
__________________

__________________
dive4it is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:28.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.