Old 02 April 2007, 00:59   #81

Town: Punta gorda Fl.
Boat name: War Machine
Make: Falcon U.S.A.
Length: 9m +
Engine: twin 250 Yamaha
Aft hatch has got to go...

I am also replacing the aft hatch, the inspection covers in the deck are not needed, dating from the original inboard installation I will replace the whole piece with a new piece of aluminum. I have also removed the aft seat support, I am doing a little work in the bilge and it makes it a little easier to see and work.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2397.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	25953   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2396.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	103.6 KB
ID:	25954  
Old 02 April 2007, 01:02   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightower View Post
Is that Anchor on the trailer used as emergancy breaking incase it becomes un-hitched
don't think it would hold real good on concrete... asphalt maybe
Old 03 April 2007, 01:47   #83

A sad day for a great tool..

Well, after countless hours of use and abuse, performance above and beyond the call of duty my faithful Milwaukee electric jigsaw finally broke. I think I can have it fixed but it happened in the middle of cutting the two hatches below the helm seats. Now I am the kind of person who does not like to stop in the middle of a task so I had to resort to the only other cutting saw I had handy, my trusty Milwaukee sawzall. The jigsaw was controllable enough that I could make some pretty nice cuts even in fairly thick aluminum. The sawzall is another matter, it"s kind of like trying to do precise target shooting with an M-16 in the full auto mode versus select fire, you can do it but you are not going to be anywhere near as accurate. I clamped a guide on the piece I was cutting but there is still some wavering, hopefully I will be able to file it out. Two shots, of the deck after I cut it away and the access cover/kick plate to be installed. All for now, get out on the water people!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCN2400.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	25963   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2401.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	25964  
Old 13 April 2007, 04:06   #84

War Machine loses a Crew member...

A brief mention here of a brother lost who never had opportunity to crew on my current boat but loved his time on the others, Godspeed Den, may the waves always be at your back...
Old 18 April 2007, 03:17   #85

Town: Chicago
Make: Hurricane
Length: 4m +
Engine: 50hp Yami
Hows work going on the war machine Pathalla ? I can't think of too many ribs that have radar arches. No chance of anyone sneakin up on you except maybe me and my brother sitin low in our sib I can't wait to see some shots of her crushing some waves

Very sorry to here about your loss of a crew member.
Old 18 April 2007, 12:07   #86

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathalla View Post
A brief mention here of a brother lost who never had opportunity to crew on my current boat but loved his time on the others, Godspeed Den, may the waves always be at your back...
Doesn't even bear thinking about - I have lost all my family when I was quite young - only person I have left is my brother - the thought sends a chill down my spine. Hope you eventually come to terms with it!!!
Old 18 April 2007, 20:10   #87

Town: San Carlos, Mexico
Boat name: INDE
Make: LOMAC 730
Length: 7m +
Engine: 200 Merc.
MMSI: Please press 1
Send a message via Skype™ to Limey Linda
Quote:
Condolences Pat. Between the two of us we have lost 2 sisters and two brothers in the last 3 years. However, life goes on " chin up"
Regards. T & L.
Old 19 April 2007, 00:05   #88

Re: posts, condolences

Thanks for the kind words everyone, It does help! Tell your loved ones that you love them! We are only here a short time... The sooner the weather gets better the better off I'll be. Bryan, I haven't been working at all on the boat due to cold weather and the family issues, I hope to get back to it shortly. The "Fat Bastard" looks good and is coming along, hope you get her in the drink shortly. Like your new additions!
Old 21 April 2007, 00:37   #89

Spring makes a comeback and so do I

The weather was just really nice today so back I go to one of the activities I enjoy most, working on the boat. I installed another aluminum plate on the trailer bed just behind the one supporting the winch stand, I'll install the bow guide roller off of this one. Lots of little things to do, one of these is replacing all the stickon plastic zip tie anchors, these things are for shit, they don't stay stuck, either the adhesive tape peels off the aluminum or the plastic so I will finish replacing these with the surplus rubber lined clamps I picked up at Electronic surplus in Cleveland. A shot of the bilge under the helm seats, I will be changing a few things down here, always something. More to come, have a great weekend everyone!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCN2418.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	26302   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2419.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	26303   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2420.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	26304   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2416.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	121.4 KB
ID:	26305  
Old 30 April 2007, 01:36   #90

pulling off the console on War Machine....

It took a crew of people today to remove the console off War Machine, thank GOD for good friends and good neighbors, if not for my neighbors Harold and Don I would still be trying to get the boat out of the mud! We had to install a winch off the Maple tree in the yard to get the necessary height, otherwise we would still be at it! I removed the console assembly for a few improvements, pics to follow....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCN2436.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	140.6 KB
ID:	26446   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2437.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	143.1 KB
ID:	26447   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2438.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	136.5 KB
ID:	26448   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2439.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	115.4 KB
ID:	26449   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2440.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	26450  

Old 30 April 2007, 01:50   #91

Town: San Carlos, Mexico
Boat name: INDE
Make: LOMAC 730
Length: 7m +
Engine: 200 Merc.
MMSI: Please press 1
Send a message via Skype™ to Limey Linda
You think you have problems

Cosole problems?
It turns out that my "worn" Lomac console is molded to a deck hatch/panel that is 12X4ft. and the perimeter of which is secured by about 30 screws and caulk. I do not plan on removing it. Perhaps I will install a couple of 8 in. deck plates when I can work out where the fuel tank is. Oh, such fun
Regards to all, T.
Old 30 April 2007, 03:24   #92

Re: lomac rib

Give it time.. Once you get used to your boat you may find yourself doing more than you would ever have thought of doing in the first place, all you need is a little luck and some help from your friends! Good luck, hope it all comes out great, Pat
Old 01 May 2007, 12:02   #93

Town: Tobermory, Canada eh
Boat name: Verius
Make: Zodiac Hurricane 590
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yamaha F150
Send a message via MSN to Stoo
Quote:
It took a crew of people today to remove the console off War Machine....
That's a motley looking crew there Pat... Looking at your various pictures, I am curious: Have you ever figured out how much your boat weighs? I don't imagine it's easy to pull!

www.wetspotimages.com
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 May 2007, 00:58   #94

the Motley crue...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
That's a motley looking crew there Pat... Looking at your various pictures, I am curious: Have you ever figured out how much your boat weighs? I don't imagine it's easy to pull!
You think they look motley? Truth be told, they were drinking beer all afternoon, it contributed. Wait til this Summer, I'll really show you some "motley pics" from Put-in-Bay and Kelly's, I will be filming this year. They were next door neighbors and a couple of friends, watching me get the boat and the truck stuck when i pulled it off the drive to line up under the tree to hang the hoist. As to the boat, I still don't know what it weighs but it is pretty damn heavy, I am having a hitch installed on the Van tomorrow so I will get the boat weighed Saturday morning just to see.
Old 04 May 2007, 01:22   #95

Tanks alot!

I was hoping to see a little more of the boat's construction when I removed the console but unfortunately all that was visible was the top of the gas tanks and tiny gaps port and starboard and about a two inch gap forward. These are BIG fuel tanks, measuring 52 & 1/2 inches long and 36 inches wide, each. V- shaped, they are 24 inches deep at the keel. the information I have says they are 125 gallons each, that is a lot of fuel. I have the boat all torn apart again and am wondering if I did the right thing, just to address some small issues, it is May... Anyhow, I have a hitch going on the Sprinter tomorrow and
fortunately once again my ace fabricators the Hout Bros. have some time for what I need done so I am hauling her a hour and a half down the road to their workshop for the new Radar arch and the additional welding I want done, this should be the last of any improvements involving welding mods.
Pics show the tanks and some foam I shot into the gaps to cushion them a bit, don't know if it needs it but what the hell..
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCN2441.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	26529   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2442.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	26530  
Old 04 May 2007, 11:51   #96

Town: Chicago
Make: Hurricane
Length: 4m +
Engine: 50hp Yami
Looks good Pathalla. That console looks pretty freekin heavy. Is your entire boat made out of aluminum or just sections of it ? Nice work. I say any repair / mod that helps one sleep a little better at night is worthwhile. Keep the pics coming I look forward to seeing your new radar arch, bet it will be a serious piece of kit .
Old 04 May 2007, 18:36   #97

Town: Tobermory, Canada eh
Boat name: Verius
Make: Zodiac Hurricane 590
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yamaha F150
Send a message via MSN to Stoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBirnie View Post
...bet it will be a serious piece of kit .
Krickies, you're starting to sound like the rest of these guys! Brilliant!

www.wetspotimages.com
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 May 2007, 01:28   #98

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Bloody hell that is a lot of fuel - I thought my boat had big enough tanks and they total 132 US gallons or 110 real ones!!!
Old 05 May 2007, 01:31   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBirnie View Post
Looks good Pathalla. That console looks pretty freekin heavy. Is your entire boat made out of aluminum or just sections of it ? Nice work. I say any repair / mod that helps one sleep a little better at night is worthwhile. Keep the pics coming I look forward to seeing your new radar arch, bet it will be a serious piece of kit .
The entire hull is aluminum, it really makes for easy modifications for the most part. As I have frequently mentioned, it helps to have a Scrap yard nearby and a excellent relationship with the owner/manager. I was over there again today for a couple of pieces for the trailer and the new radar arch, I finally am at the point where I will not be over there much at all anymore as I pretty much have everything for the boat, too bad because it is really fun looking around, they get some amazing things in.
Old 05 May 2007, 02:07   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn View Post
Bloody hell that is a lot of fuel - I thought my boat had big enough tanks and they total 132 US gallons or 110 real ones!!!
Well Cod, If you think about it you have more fuel capacity than I do, one engine with 132 gallons U.S. versus my boat with twins with only 125 gallons for each motor...