Town: Ayrshire
Boat name: Raven
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: 150 suzuki
MMSI: 235040525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Worth View Post
but am told it's not a good idea to pair up engines which haven't always run together, suppose it makes sense........
nice Rig.

Can anyone tell me why it's not a good idea? I can't think of one personally..

It's interesting that the trim tabs made such a difference, I've thought about them for my boat, to help with maintaining the correct speed to pull wakeboarders,any chance you would post a pic or two?

Best of luck with your new boat..,
Old 23 May 2009, 22:17   #22

Town: Up Norf
Make: Avon SR4,Tremlett 23
Length: 4m +
Engine: Yam 55, Volvo 200
Can't see how running two engines that haven't always been ran together will affect things. If one breaks you'll only replace one.
Old 24 May 2009, 06:21   #23

Town: N. Pembrokeshire
Boat name: Various
Make: RIBs & Hovercraft
Length: 9m +
Engine: Outboards
MMSI: Various
RIBase
IBWET - I'll takes some pics of the Tabs and post them up in the next couple of days.....

Chewy - That was my thinking, although I was told that having engines which haven't run together from new was more of a problem in terms of their running charecteristics (revving together in a balanced way etc). Although, thinking about it, when the Yamaha's on the Atlantic fail /have a problem they just get swapped over with the spare don't they (and they aren't set up with one in counter rotation either!)

Had the first survey done, clean bill of health.......really pleased. Now have a long shopping list of bits to get hold of. Incidentally, as one of the requirements have just fitted a Hydrocarbon sensor. Found a neat piece of kit from a company called Cruz Pro (from New Zealand - i hadn't come across them before).

The UK distributor /stockist I used is Energy Solutions - really helpful and knowledgable. They seem to do a wide range of Boat gauges and were a lot cheaper than alternatives I looked at.............http://www.energy-solutions.co.uk/cruzpro.html

D.
Old 27 May 2009, 11:00   #24

Town: Dorset
Boat name: Viper
Make: XS
Length: 7m +
Engine: Outboard 2x 100
Ocean 675

I've been looking at one of these too that hasn't got a trailer. Have you weighed yours?

I need to work out what size of trailer it would need to figure out how much that would add to the cost?

How're you finding it? Anything to look out for on them?

Thanks
Old 27 May 2009, 18:01   #25

RIBase
Hi Oracle...........

I'm really pleased with mine...........nice big Rib and as posted previously has just had a thumbs up from the surveyor.

Nasher on this forum has an Ocean too. He was really helpful when looking at mine (see earlier mails etc) and would probably be better placed to answer any specific questions you may have - although I will help if I can.

I have also been in contact with Malcolm Winsor (boat builder) both prior to, and since buying the Rib, and he has been incredibly helpful with tech questions (see www.oceanribs.co.uk)

With regards weight, i am due to take mine to the local weighbridge at some point (no immediate plans), as i am hoping to secure a small contract where i would need to tow the boat, and need to see if my combined vehicle and towed weight exceed 3.5T - if so I'm told I may need a tacho!?!

I will let you know outcome when I get weighed - but this may not be for some weeks (probably too late for you) - Nasher may be able to help though?

Dan.
Old 27 May 2009, 20:06   #26

Town: Dorset
Boat name: Viper
Make: XS
Length: 7m +
Engine: Outboard 2x 100
Ocean 675

Thanks Dan, I've just found Malcolm's details and got a mail over to him so he's on the case.

I'd still be interested to hear what yours comes up at fully rigged,though, when you do get to the weighbridge.

Enjoy the toy.
Old 30 May 2009, 09:47   #27

RIBase
IBWET - Trim Tab pics

As requested (albeit a little late) here are a couple of pics of the Tabs - I have a large console on mine where the fluid reservoir is located (sorry don't have a pic, but can take one if of interest).

They're not great pics i'm afraid, but hopefully will give you an idea. Only prob i have is that I want to fit an aux bracket on the transom, and the tab rams get in the way..........will need to find a way around it.

Dan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Trim Tab Comp.jpg
Views:	434
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	42826   Click image for larger version

Name:	Trim Tab Comp 2.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	42827