Old 05 April 2004, 05:24   #21

Town: Gloucetsreshire
Boat name: GATO DI MARE
Make: MAR.CO
Length: 9m +
Engine: Yamaha 200Vmax
MMSI: 235027678
Send a message via MSN to Manos Send a message via Yahoo to Manos Send a message via Skype™ to Manos
Yes it was there and I think is also in the photos that I have posted. There were 2 grey 650SRs semi ready when I was there.
Looked very nice and the paches look good too.
Many Thanks again.
Manos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 April 2004, 07:25   #22

Town: ATHENS
Boat name: SUN KISS II
Make: Nuova Bat 9 Falcon -
Length: 5m +
Engine: Outboard Mercury 115
Send a message via Skype™ to batfalcon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manos
....discount is even higher say 100% for the for the first 5 but unfortunately places have already been booked
I know someone who has UNLIMITED times free ride .

Superb looks. Told you you mustn't being worried

batfalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 April 2004, 10:07   #23

Send a message via MSN to Manos Send a message via Yahoo to Manos Send a message via Skype™ to Manos
@ the Bat

Many Thanks
Old 05 April 2004, 10:57   #24

Town: Manchester - Abersoc
Boat name: MeMe
Make: SeaPro 595CC
Length: 6m +
Engine: Mercury 115 4S
Send a message via MSN to MeMe
Yes, very nice. Tell us a little more about their spec'.
Old 05 April 2004, 11:02   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMe
Yes, very nice. Tell us a little more about their spec'.
Thanks MeMe

Full specs you can find here
WAVE RUNNER I, WAVE RUNNER II, WAVE RUNNER III, WAVE RUNNER IV, WAVE RUNNER V and WAVE RUNNER VI Specs
at the bottom of the page
Old 05 April 2004, 13:49   #26

FIRST two BOATS ARE SHIPPED!!

My first two boats were just loaded today.

The next two to follow shortly. By the way the chap smiling at the back of the A-frame is Mr Marius Heyneman Junior. The test pilot of the Heyneman family Speed is his moto

I'm a happy man

Thank you Mr Pieter Heyneman and I also thank the rest of the family
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	loading3.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	5087   Click image for larger version

Name:	Loading2.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	5088   Click image for larger version

Name:	Loading1.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	5089  
Old 05 April 2004, 13:55   #27

What's the sailing time ?

By way of interest and on a similar subject, I was chatting to a chap near me over the weekend who advised he's just saved £12,000 by importing a SeaRay 2000 (2004 spec') directly from the States. God we get ripped off here in the U.K.
Old 05 April 2004, 13:58   #28

Yep that is a VERY correct statement. Not only in England but Europe in general
Old 05 April 2004, 16:44   #29

Town: Ongar, Essex
Make: Avon 620
Length: 6.2
Engine: mercury 135 Optimax
how much are the 2 ribs costing you?

Are you setting up a dealership in greece for these ribs as you will have so many.
Will be yet another string to your bow
Old 06 April 2004, 08:40   #30

Town: Salcombe, Devon, UK
Boat name: BananaShark
Make: BananaShark
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2xYanmar 260 diesels
Quote:
What's the sailing time ?

By way of interest and on a similar subject, I was chatting to a chap near me over the weekend who advised he's just saved £12,000 by importing a SeaRay 2000 (2004 spec') directly from the States. God we get ripped off here in the U.K.
And it could cost him anywhere between 3 and 5 grand to get it through the RCD to get a CE mark and make the boat legal to own!
Cookee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 April 2004, 09:03   #31

That's intersting however,.......

you've lost me ! Without asking you to type an essay, what do you mean ? I will advise him further once you have reverted. I do know the trailer isn't legal but I don't think he realises the boat isn't
Old 06 April 2004, 09:17   #32

Town: Copenhagen
Boat name: Nemesis
Make: CAPE 79
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki 250 4 stroke
Send a message via AIM to Rene Send a message via MSN to Rene
Hi Manos

Nice pictures, I seems your connection in SA, is doing a better job packing the container than mine.

Are they on the trailer inside the container ?
What are the prices like for engines in SA, if you a buying the engines in SA ?

I bet you can't wait to get your hands on them

Rene
Old 06 April 2004, 09:19   #33

MeMe a friend of mine just imported a 2nd hand APACHE from the US, no CE, no RCD, nothing. The boats has an SSR number, is insured and is legal
The boats from SAfrica are all CE marked by the way
Old 06 April 2004, 09:29   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Care
how much are the 2 ribs costing you?
Are you setting up a dealership in greece for these ribs as you will have so many. Will be yet another string to your bow
The total order is for 6 RIBs so I get quite a big discount from the prices they are sold x-factory.

To give you an idea (I will not disclose the price I bought these boats), but for my 700RSR with 200VMax, VHF ICOM EROPE 501, GARMIN Map/Sounder, all nav lights, 2x70 ltr fuel tanks, switches, radio/cassette JVC, speakers, trailer, cover, 2 anchors, chains, ropes, fuel water separator RACOR, SS mounting bracket for aux engine, spot lights, 2 batteries I paid 2 years ago inc transport to the UK and VAT (without discounts) approx GBP 13,000.00 (it was then GBP 1= Zar 16). Now these boats cost me a lot less than that (today GBP 1 = Zar 11.78) even with higher exchange rate (Zar is stronger now than it was then)

Hope this answers your question
Old 06 April 2004, 09:44   #35

Hi Rene

My first boat was not that nicely packed, but after all the orders they've got from Europe I think they got better.
The boats like my first boat are both on trailers. In all shipments the boats are von trailers and just ready to roll out once they arrive
The engines I bought from SAfrica too. They a lot cheaper than in the UK or Europe (20 or 25% less after the discount you get here of 25%) so it does worth it.
My VMAX 200 bought 2 years ago I paied just GPB 4,250 (is the 2-stroke) when it was about 10-11,000 after discount in the UK.
Is it poss to give me the tel number of this guy in Hermanus just to call him when I go back there again at Christmas.
SAfrica is a great place to go on holidays, if you have the chance visit the area I highly recomend it!!
Old 06 April 2004, 09:49   #36

Quote:
That's intersting however,.......

you've lost me ! Without asking you to type an essay, what do you mean ? I will advise him further once you have reverted. I do know the trailer isn't legal but I don't think he realises the boat isn't
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but ANY recreational craft MUST be CE marked - the only exceptions to this are raceboats and non recreational craft. Even if the boat is used for teaching and a number of other commercial type operations it must have a mark.

The penalty for just owning an unmarked boat is I believe £5,000 and a spell in jail as a maximum - oh yeah they take your boat away as well!

Try to ignore Manos - of course you can own anything illegal if nobody finds out about it! I dare him to take his boat down to the trading standards and ask them if it is legal!

Do a search for RCD on here and you will find at least one very long thread that I started about the subject.

There is a company with branches at the Hamble and Totnes called CE Proof, I have their number if you want it and they will give you all the information you need.
Old 06 April 2004, 10:32   #37

Cookee, I hear what you say, so why when my friend brought his boat in the UK he was never asked about CE markings when boat cleared customs, he was never asked to produced the CE certificate for his insurance or to the Small Shps Register. It just seems that this law is very laxed in the UK tat's all.
I know is illegal and the penalty in Greece is Euro 25,000, the customs do not clear your boat if you do not have a CE certificate with it and the Coastguard does not register the boat. Also the insurance does not insure it. So you MUST have a CE certificate with the boat (in Greece)
Old 07 April 2004, 08:01   #38

Quote:
MeMe a friend of mine just imported a 2nd hand APACHE from the US, no CE, no RCD, nothing. The boats has an SSR number, is insured and is legal
It might be insured and have an SSR number but it is NOT legal Manos!

Whilst I realise there are 1 or 2 other Greeks on here now MeMe and his friend are in the UK. It is true that as far as I am aware ther insurance companies are not asking for proof of a CE mark, but what do you think would happen if there was a big liability claim and the boat hadn't got a CE mark? Maybe they would pay up without question or maybe they would refuse leaving you with a multi million pound claim?

I have no wish to upset people but the truth of the matter is boats used for recreational purposes are illegal and as such MAY be uninsurable and are DEFINITELY illegal to own if they have no CE marking, I for one would hate to find out the hard way!
Old 07 April 2004, 09:53   #39

Town: Copenhagen
Boat name: Nemesis
Make: CAPE 79
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki 250 4 stroke
Send a message via AIM to Rene Send a message via MSN to Rene
Dosn't this Ce marking have something to do with how old the boat are.

I don't think that if you import a boat which is like 10 years old from USA, that you will have to CE mark this boat ???

I do know that if you import a new boat it will have to be CE marked to clear customs, but it seems to me like all the boat builders can just claim that the boat is ce marked, and then "just" make a ce marking for this boat. They don't have to prove anything.

I have seen a lot of boats claming to be ce marked when they a clearly not witin the standard CE marking rules.

Rene
Old 07 April 2004, 10:28   #40

Rene - Yes - a boat manufactured before 1985 (I think - but I will check that) is exempt.

I don't know about the customs requirements, I would think that it would depend a lot on the country and the customs officials knowledge!

It is possible to get boats marked on a one off basis - that is what you would have to do with an import from the USA for instance. As far as wether they have been marked correctly or have even gone through the procedure at all - well that is another matter altogether! Fraud perhaps?

As Manos has said it seems possible to get a boat into the UK, insure it and register it on the small ships register (SSR) - but it still isn't legal untill it has been CE marked!

For your interest there is already a long thread on this subject: http://www.rib.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4295

I should point out that I am certain I don't know it all, although we have gained a certain amout of knowledge on the subject as it is something we are going to have to for ourselves in the near future.