Click Here to Login

Old 30 July 2016, 21:09   #21
RIBnet supporter

Town: Dunoon
Boat name: Tonto
Make: Honwave 3.8 Airfloor
Length: 3m +
Engine: Honda BF20 4st
Been to Loch Etive with the Kayak, launching at the same point. Would love to take the SIB up there for some camping or bothy trip. Not sure about that bit under the Connel Bridge though!!

Strange, but I met the guy with the long hair on the trip. He was in the bothy at Cadderlie when we arrived. He was going to be camping and bush crafting for a year or something. Had sold up everything and moved from down south, sure he has a YouTube channel or something.
Cheers.
Old 09 August 2016, 09:48   #22

Town: Stirling
Boat name: The Gurnard
Make: Quicksilver
Length: 4m +
Engine: mariner 25hp 2s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Explore Cowal View Post

Strange, but I met the guy with the long hair on the trip. He was in the bothy at Cadderlie when we arrived. He was going to be camping and bush crafting for a year or something. Had sold up everything and moved from down south, sure he has a YouTube channel or something.
Cheers.
Only just noticed your comment Explore Cowal.. apologies for not replying earlier.

Yup..the guy with the hair (Richard) and the guy with the cod piece had been inspired by the movie "Into the Wild" ..and were living their dream.

I kept in touch with the other guy for a while..he went home again but Richard went to Fort William and lived in a "bothy" of sorts in Glen Nevis for a while. I lost touch after that. The other guy had a U Tube channel and had a nice video of their stay in Loch etive.. the music was by Eddie Vedder ..Society.. which figures as he was the sound track for the hollywood movie.I was in their movie myself taking them there in The Gurnard and out fishing . I enjoyed watching it but for some reason..he took all his videos down and closed his U Tube channel

I have not camped at Loch Etive yet this year..but usually spend at least a week camping in there..time this year yet though
Old 09 August 2016, 11:37   #23

Town: Wild West
Boat name: No Boat
Make: No Boat
Length: under 3m
Send a message via AIM to Maximus
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerny View Post
Glad that you didn't hear the sound of duelling banjos coming from the woods as you slept Gurnard [emoji450] [emoji450]
Why's that then Steve???...
....You and Pikey up there too???
Definatly better fishing in August by the looks of things!
Keep em coming Mr G!

The Road to HELL ..is Paved with "Good inventions!"
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 August 2016, 12:03   #24
RIBnet supporter

Town: Dunoon
Boat name: Tonto
Make: Honwave 3.8 Airfloor
Length: 3m +
Engine: Honda BF20 4st
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gurnard View Post
Only just noticed your comment Explore Cowal.. apologies for not replying earlier.

Yup..the guy with the hair (Richard) and the guy with the cod piece had been inspired by the movie "Into the Wild" ..and were living their dream.

.......I was in their movie myself taking them there in The Gurnard and out fishing . I enjoyed watching it but for some reason..he took all his videos down and closed his U Tube channel

I have not camped at Loch Etive yet this year..but usually spend at least a week camping in there..time this year yet though
I did see a YouTube video of the capsite, seem to remember a tripod chair thing for some reason...or something they'd created. As you say, the vids aren't traceable now, I just searched for bushcraft loch Etive.

Quite fancy a camp or return to bothy with the SIB, took the bike last time from Bonawe. 👍
Old 09 August 2016, 12:58   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explore Cowal View Post
seem to remember a tripod chair thing for some reason...or something they'd created. As you say, the vids aren't traceable now, I just searched for bushcraft loch Etive.

Quite fancy a camp or return to bothy with the SIB, took the bike last time from Bonawe. 👍

Lol..I remember the tripod chair well ..because when they showed me their campsite..it was the centre piece. I stupidly tried sitting in it and it collapsed ..and Im not that heavy..but it was strong enought those those guys..not much meat on them

Yup..its a great place for a camp by SIB.. The falls of Laura at the bridge are ok at slack water..and you wont even know they are there

A photo from a camp last September ..to get you in the mood

Quote Maximus “ Keep em coming Mr G!”

I will try and get a quickie adventure up today..since you ask ..just been too busy leading the “good life” lately ..to keep up to date.
Old 09 August 2016, 14:08   #26

Town: Wild West
Boat name: No Boat
Make: No Boat
Length: under 3m
Send a message via AIM to Maximus
We're up in Arisaig from the 20th if your in the neighbourhood let us know and drop in for a Dram..,or two

The Road to HELL ..is Paved with "Good inventions!"
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 August 2016, 15:18   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
We're up in Arisaig from the 20th if your in the neighbourhood let us know and drop in for a Dram..,or two
Ah..Arisaig..my favourite spot in the whole west coast. If Im not there..I wont be far..Im still trying to get round Skye in the wee guppy..(not all in the one go obviously)

Dont forget to visit Loch Nevis.. and have a bar lunch in The Old Forge in Inverie..the most remote boozer in Britain..I recommend that trip

Loch Nevis

Loch Hourn is a lovely day trip too ..possibly my favourite sea loch

The musical singing sands just south of Ardtoe are worth a walk on too.. assuming the camera teams have gone ? Last time I was there..they were making a survival TV program for channel 4..where folks had to survive in the wilds for the summer months. They didn’t want outsiders interfering with the TV guinea pigs. Nothing new or worth filming in that though..I have done it for years lol (Living in the wilds..not ... interfering with guinea pigs.. im not that sad)

Skye and the Small Isles on your doorstep ..a winning combination in anyone’s adventures

Stunning sunsets ..some of the best I have ever witnesses

So yup..there is a very good possibility we may meet.. enjoy the area if we don’t.