Old 15 October 2003, 11:56   #1

Town: Donaghadee N.I.
Hi All!!!

HI ALL..IM A NEW USER TO THE SITE...BUT PLEASED TO SAY I ENJOY READING IN THE FORUMS SO I THOUGHT IT ABOUT TIME TO SAY "HELLO"...I DONT OWN A RIB BUT I TOOK PART IN THE DONAGHADEE TO PORTPATRICK RIB RAID IN THE SUMMER ..AND WHAT FUN I HAD...I MOVED TO N.I. ABOUT 16 MONTHS AGO AND MY UNCLE BUILDS RIBS (WWW.PULSARRIBS.COM) JUST DOWN THE ROAD FROM ME.. SO WHEN HE ASKED ME TO SKIPPER ONE I COULD'NT WAIT.. WHAT A GREAT LITTLE GO'ER..GOT ME TO SCOTLAND AND BACK NO TROUBLE AND WITH A FEW OTHER RIBS IN THE RAID..(ABOUT 43 I THINK)..IT WAS SUCH A BUZZ SEEING SO MANY DIFFRENT RIBS FROM 11M CABIN CRUISERS DOWN TO WEE ZAP CATS TAKING THE CHALLENGE OF THE 18 MILE IRISH SEA CROSSING...WELL THATS ME HOOKED AND I WANNA SHOW YOU SOME OF MY PICS SO I HOPE YOU DONT MIND ...OH AND GO SEE WWW.PULSARRIBS.COM I KNOW ITS FAMILY BUT PEOPLE ARE STARTING TO TAKE NOTE OF THE NAME "PULSAR" SO WHY DONT YOU???
Old 15 October 2003, 11:58   #2

HERE'S A PICTURE
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pulsar ribs 1.jpg
Views:	767
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	3254  
Old 15 October 2003, 12:07   #3

Town: Brittany/Portsmouth
Boat name: Merlin
Make: Solent 6.5
Length: 6m +
Engine: 200
MMSI: soon !
Oh no there's not and hello there

take your caps lock off your SHOUTING
Old 15 October 2003, 12:17   #4

Ok sorry for shouting...here's the boat i used..5m pulsar...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	pulsar ribs 2.jpg
Views:	655
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	3255  
Old 15 October 2003, 17:59   #5

Town: Dublin
Boat name: wizzard
Make: REDBAY
Length: 7m +
Engine: 225 optimax
Rib Raid

Enjoyed the event, have you any more pictures of the crossing and the Rib Raid have you seen this http://rib.net/forum/showthread.php?...ional+rib+raid
some pics of Pulsar ribs here

WHEN THE CAT IS AWAY THE MICE GO TO REDBAY..............
gavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2003, 18:05   #6

Town: Devon
Boat name: White Ice
Make: Ranieri
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki 115hp
Is this an Oirish only thread or can the Brits join in
Hi Wannabe That Pulsar looks like it's got a good hull - just needs a snazzier logo - the block capitals PULSAR just look a bit naff. IMHO.

(Paul did you notice the Gemini parked behind? )
Old 16 October 2003, 13:26   #7

Hi again

Great pictures gavin.. mine are more or less the same even got 1 of the pipe bands!!!..Was a great day and will be there next year..Richard your more than welcome to thread with us...as im a brit too.. all the way from cumbria...ive seen pulsars being built and there second to none my uncle always has saftey in mind and works on each hull personally...the hulls are (from what i know) very good..but i would say that!!! He spent most his life collecting information on hulls and put all that in to two years development before the first hull was popped from the mould..he even does his own consoles and jockey seats..but on about hulls the one in this picture is a 6.1m with 150hp and the owner has had 61mph out of her!!!..and the handling well alan piddy got to grips with the 7.4m (first picture) and was very pleased with her..not bad at the first attempt do ya think..(well i was impressed) anyway if anyone is looking for a new rib give pulsar a ring and see what they can do..me im just gonna keep saving till i can think about giving them a ring
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	pulsar ribs 3.jpg
Views:	554
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	3263  
Old 16 October 2003, 16:22   #8
TIM

Boat name: WIZARD
Make: REDBAY 7.4
Engine: OPTI 225
RIB RAID

it was a brillaint weekend, and I cant wait for next year, I got heeps of photos too, but Gavin takes better ones........

We were the only Rib from the south of Ireland, and we hope to bring a few more next year. maybe a few might come from NW of UK as well ??? 50 RIBS is some sight.
Old 16 October 2003, 19:58   #9

Town: Port Logan
Boat name: Red Fox
Make: Zodiac Pro 500
Length: 4m +
Engine: Yamaha 70hp
MMSI: 232004329
This rib raid sounds a blast. Myself and two rib owners always holiday around the Portpatrick area around lifeboat week in the summer. I run in the fun run as do many of our friends...insurance you know..and did the raft race this year...worrying though...we came second last...the lifeboat crew were last! How easy is the crossing cos it was just a thought that we might do the opposite rib raid and invade Ireland! Any advice would be welcome. Also when do you intend to come over next year...if our dates were the same, we could act as a welcoming party.
Old 16 October 2003, 21:37   #10

Boat name: wizzard
Make: REDBAY
Engine: 225 optimax
Crossing

You would do the crossing in your sleep its no problem, two Zapcats and a 4m Searider done it, I think that it will happen Aug B/H Irish one we will get this info as the time approaches, its a good spin you should do the whole event jump on the ferry Larne Stranrear and spend the weekend in Bangor its a great weekend.

WHEN THE CAT IS AWAY THE MICE GO TO REDBAY..............
gavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2003, 08:36   #11

Town: Falkirk
Boat name: a boat
Make: Narwhal
Length: 4m +
Engine: Force 40hp o/b
Calling Red Fox, Calling Red Fox.....

Hi Mark,

I told you Ireland was a good idea..... don't like the ferry option tho. I think I would rather do PortLogan/Portpatrick - Belfast one day, then Belfast - Portpatrick the next with the rest of fleet! That way we would finish at the correct end for us......interesting huh? Do you think there would be enough room in our little Ribs for all that fuel and the beer? Or do we just get Marky M to carry all the extra just 'cos he scored a bigger motor?

Right - I'm off to check out my outfit and make sure she is all ready to roll - you can bet there will shortly be a 60 bigfoot to get run in - and I have every intention of being there, mainly cos its probably the last chance of seeing his boat from the front - after that all we are likely to get is rear views, as we try to keep up!

laters....