Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 21 June 2006, 11:36   #21
RIBnet supporter
 
Jizm's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southampton
Boat name: Hissing Sid
Make: Ross Smith Cobra
Length: 6m +
Engine: 200HP Optimax
MMSI: 235038046
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 3,803
Good looking boat.
__________________

Jizm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2006, 13:23   #22
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: darlington
Boat name: GlennVinny
Make: Leeway 6.3
Length: 6m +
Engine: Mariner135v6/4hp aux
MMSI: 235038455
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 279
leeway

We are not re-designing the Rib, but I think what we`re saying is, being such a big boat, the design possibilities are endless, lots of oppurtunities and space to add more "bling" "trick out" and "pimp" that ride. (we dont tend to use words like that ap norf ) And its obvious you have that ability. Whats next? a slice of the commercial market perhaps? Keep em comin` Lee!
__________________

__________________
Politicians, like nappies, have to be changed frequently - and for the very same reason.
vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2006, 13:46   #23
Member
 
Hightower's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Fareham
Length: 6m +
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 7,855
That's the type of seat I had in mind. For improved rear access why not do an industry first and have a removable or retractable centre seat with a basic tool kit underneath. Now that would be cool!
Attached Images
 
__________________
Andy

Looks Slow but is Fast
Member of the ebay Blue RIB cover club.
Hightower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2006, 04:01   #24
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: I.O.W
Boat name: Leeway
Make: leeway 730
Length: 7m +
Engine: 250hp = 73mph :0)
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by vince
We are not re-designing the Rib, but I think what we`re saying is, being such a big boat, the design possibilities are endless, lots of oppurtunities and space to add more "bling" "trick out" and "pimp" that ride. (we dont tend to use words like that ap norf ) And its obvious you have that ability. Whats next? a slice of the commercial market perhaps? Keep em comin` Lee!
thank you very much. i agree we have so many things in mind to add to the 8.3 i.e cabbin, moulded in rear bench seat. like you said it is a big rib and there is a lot of space to do so much with.

we can customize any rib to make a package that would suit the commercial market. so who knows?.


Lee
__________________
http://www.leewaycomposites.co.uk complex composites for a complex world.. http://www.leewayribs.co.uk
LeewayComposite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2006, 04:03   #25
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: I.O.W
Boat name: Leeway
Make: leeway 730
Length: 7m +
Engine: 250hp = 73mph :0)
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightower
That's the type of seat I had in mind. For improved rear access why not do an industry first and have a removable or retractable centre seat with a basic tool kit underneath. Now that would be cool!
Are there no other rib manufactures doing that?? i did have this in mind along with lots of others..
__________________
http://www.leewaycomposites.co.uk complex composites for a complex world.. http://www.leewayribs.co.uk
LeewayComposite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2006, 04:15   #26
Member
 
Hugh Jardon's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Reading, Hants
Boat name: Juicy
Make: Sealine F43
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2 x 370hp
MMSI: TBC
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,882
what us boaters want is lots of useable storage space so if you can utilise every nook and cranny and the space behind and under a bench seat is prime then you will be one major step ahead of most of the competition

get out there and look at every boat around, pinch (incorporate) the best ideas from each of them and build them in your boat and you will have a winner, that is what i would do


Quote:
Originally Posted by LeewayComposite
Are there no other rib manufactures doing that?? i did have this in mind along with lots of others..
__________________
Hugh Jardon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2006, 06:09   #27
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Lee on the Solent
Boat name: Saintlee
Make: Leeway
Length: 6m +
Engine: Evinrude DI 115
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 325
I have the 6.3 with the sofa on the back and everyone that has sat in it feels very safe and secure, they can reach the stainless handles on the back of the jockeys if they want but invariably feel happier sat back in the seat.
__________________
Lostboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2006, 12:55   #28
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: I.O.W
Boat name: Leeway
Make: leeway 730
Length: 7m +
Engine: 250hp = 73mph :0)
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 345
most people i speak to like the double width bucket seat. but we will be making a moulded in rear seat soon for those who dont like the free standing bench.

couple pics taken this weekend in portsmouth.. we are very happy with the performance as she is doing 60mph/ 52knts with a 200hp
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	8.3 portsmouth 2.JPG
Views:	210
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	21263   Click image for larger version

Name:	8.3 portsmouth.JPG
Views:	211
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	21264   Click image for larger version

Name:	8.3 portsmouth 1.JPG
Views:	186
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	21265  
__________________
http://www.leewaycomposites.co.uk complex composites for a complex world.. http://www.leewayribs.co.uk
LeewayComposite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 August 2006, 06:26   #29
Member
 
Country: Sweden
Town: Stockholm
Make: KR7
Length: 7m +
Engine: Evinrude 150 H.O
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 735
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeewayComposite
most people i speak to like the double width bucket seat. but we will be making a moulded in rear seat soon for those who dont like the free standing bench.

couple pics taken this weekend in portsmouth.. we are very happy with the performance as she is doing 60mph/ 52knts with a 200hp
Looking forward to the moulded in rear seat. A new rear seat and another colour on the rib, then it looks very good. Good luck, donīt forget to let us see pics, like you did before with the hole process from a mould to a complete rear seat.
__________________
joakimhansson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 August 2006, 08:39   #30
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: scotland
Boat name: Leviathan
Make: Phantom
Length: 8m +
Engine: GM Diesels
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 1,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by joakimhansson
donīt forget to let us see pics, like you did before with the hole process from a mould to a complete rear seat.
Joakimhansson, that's not really the 'whole process'.
__________________

__________________
Jonny Fuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:53.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.