Old 18 January 2003, 23:50   #21

Town: Gloucetsreshire
Boat name: GATO DI MARE
Make: MAR.CO
Length: 9m +
Engine: Yamaha 200Vmax
MMSI: 235027678
Send a message via MSN to Manos Send a message via Yahoo to Manos Send a message via Skype™ to Manos
Jon F

Cows/Torquay most deffinately and the one before that. I don't have the provisional schedule with me right now. Is in the UK and I'm away on bizs.
Looking for a co-driver right now since Crazyhorse doesn't like speed.
Manos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2003, 21:14   #22

Town: Salisbury
Length: 5m +
Manos

you gonna be based in the solent area with your falcon ? as I know you have kept boats there before, would like to see it

Jon Fuller

Would also like a closer look at that phantom beasty, where is it kept now ?
Old 23 January 2003, 05:48   #23

Send a message via MSN to Manos Send a message via Yahoo to Manos Send a message via Skype™ to Manos
Matiboy

The current Falcon (made for leasure activities) is based in Greece.
The forthcoming racing F2 Falcon will be in the UK by the end of Feb/Beg March. Will let you know. And we can also have a ride in it see what you think.

Cheers
Manos
Old 23 January 2003, 10:13   #24

Town: scotland
Boat name: Leviathan
Make: Phantom
Length: 8m +
Engine: GM Diesels
Matiboy,
It's still in southampton, I would have liked to of brought it home for the winter as I'm doing a bit of work on it, but borrowing a trailer is a pain (it weighs just over 3 T), also the new yard run by Gill (ex Merlin) Drivers Wharf, needs all the custom it can get, it's not easy getting off the ground with these things, so that swayed me into leaving it down there for the winter.

PS. when did you sell the binliner and get the rib?

PPS. had a look at your web site, smart looking boat!, can I be rude and ask how much one is, and what motor is it rated for?
Old 23 January 2003, 10:59   #25

JonF

It would be good to see it some day
Old 23 January 2003, 11:08   #26

I'm sure we will meet in the solent or somewhere soon Manos, you never know, you might even be tempted to enter a poker run with us (good practice for racing) and you can have a run in it
Old 23 January 2003, 11:40   #27

Town: Salisbury
Length: 5m +
Jon

owned the bayliner 2052 jointly with a friend, got fed up with me doing all the work on it and it was a black hole of money

decided to go back to a trailer type boat

bought a valiant 520 with 75 merc which really flew, only had twin jockey seat

so sold that and bought this latest one which has more med type seating arrangements which at least means we can all sit down in comfort

although the rib purists on this site slate this type of arrangement as unsafe, reality is I never go out in anything other than flat calm or stick up river because kids only 4 & 7

I agree a great looking boat, but I would question the weight distribution with its present layout. New this would cost 12 K ish in the UK which is a rippoff, they are probably 7 / 8 K in europe, I bought it secondhand 1 year old and I am sure I almost mugged the guy

Hull rated to 90 HP, yes mine is probably underpowered but doing 3 knots down the Hamble most of the time does it matter ?

If being part of this forum means a few test drives on some sexy boats then I am up for that

Would love to take a closer look at your boat and yours Manos
Old 23 January 2003, 13:07   #28

matiboy,
speaking as a non rib purist I think it's a very nice looking boat, to echo the words of the now famous dirk, it would be a great second boat for someone like me (if I could afford it, which I can't) for poping around to other marinas, or over to cowes, or whatever when I can't be bothered with all the nonsence with mine...finding a decent, safe mooring spot, cleaning, flushing and general agro! I would think with a 90 yam it would go ever so well too!

You are more than welcome to a closer look at my boat, am sure we'll meet down there sometime

Cheers JF
Old 23 January 2003, 14:55   #29

Boat name: Yes
Make: Assorted
Length: <
Engine: 8m
Matiboy, just (last year) done a similar thing. Although I still drive a mixture of boats up to about 12m through work, my own (the families own) boat is the smallest and lightest I've had in a lot of years. Got more use and fun out of the 4.9m zodiac cherokee/50hp four stroke yammy last year, this winter, than I've had in years. Even easier on the old bones - carry 5 litres cans around now instead of 25 litres.
Old 23 January 2003, 15:20   #30

Quote:
Originally posted by Phill
Got more use and fun out of the 4.9m zodiac cherokee/50hp four stroke yammy last year, this winter, than I've had in years.
I agree with Phill. I had a slightly longer RIB than Phill's (a 5mtr GEMINI with 75bhp Mariner and 17" pitch prop). Sold it when I bought the 7.00 mtr Falcon. I have to admit that I have regreted selling that boat. It was easy to handle in and out of the water and for the fishing and trawling I wanted to do it was the BEST boat I ever had.
The funny thing is that currently I am trying to find the guy I sold it to buy it back
I realy miss that boat!!