Old 15 October 2012, 16:29   #11

Town: Globe
Boat name: Floaty Weirdo
Make: 15m bigego
Length: 10m +
Engine: Ford Alternantor
transom holes

There were previous engine drill holes to fill on the transom, these I filled with rockwool soaked in resin, this was pushed in so it compressed and then uncompressed to fill the hole. Rockwool is also fibreglass so I figured it would provide the resin with a similar structure, the holes then were covered with glass patches on either side and all was rubbed down.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0418.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	73284

Name:	IMAG0431.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	73285

Name:	IMAG0432.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	73286
Then I gave the whole inside and transom a carefull wire brushing to remove the old paint and other layers untill I got somewhere near the origional gelcoat before acetoning the sureface and painting it with none slip flowcoat on the deck and normal on the transom.

A tip was to slide cardboard inbetween the deck and tubes as a paint mask , remove them before it goes of or it will crack bits off the deck as well as the cardboard, where its gone over the two.

I used a brush but would go for a roller next time but thin out the flowcoat first with epoxy so its thins out. Not really sure about this yet , I think its epoxy, depending on type of coating your applying.

Name:	IMAG0434.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	73287

Name:	IMAG0438.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	73288

Old 15 October 2012, 16:46   #12

Town: Globe
Boat name: Floaty Weirdo
Make: 15m bigego
Length: 10m +
Engine: Ford Alternantor
Anyway , I lost interest in the photo taking after a bit , slaved away a bit more, got some nice rubbry bits from Henshaws, I wont bore you with how I rigged up the engine "n" that , but basically this is where it is today.

I will eventually tart up the consol and get some new bits but it all runs and thats all that matter for now. Roll on some calm weather for the flat out , see if it disintegrates or the transom explodes.

Name:	IMAG0458.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	73289

To all none fans, LOL , this is for you, just as I was drilling in the key hole into the consol, after restoring it all painstakingly, I turned round with drill , literally just moved slightly , had the drill bit point sticking out and...............pierced the bloody tube , a pin prick puncture in my otherwise patchless tube, GUTTED !! lol , NOT.