Old 07 July 2004, 15:38   #41

Town: Gloucetsreshire
Boat name: GATO DI MARE
Make: MAR.CO
Length: 9m +
Engine: Yamaha 200Vmax
MMSI: 235027678
Send a message via MSN to Manos Send a message via Yahoo to Manos Send a message via Skype™ to Manos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rene
This is not a nice way to treat your customers, but your "normal" customer don't normaly buy 3-4 or more boats a year,
I thought I would have some better attention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rene
Regarding shipping I havn't seen one container packed properly yet, and I have helped unpack several from SA now. they just don't know how to do it, or they don't care
Well so far this is the 1st container everything went wrong. But it realy went wrong all of it.

I also agree with the solution recomendation. I may just do this Hopefully boat will be ready by the end of the week after (keep my finger crossed and everything else too )
Manos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2004, 17:26   #42

Send a message via MSN to Manos Send a message via Yahoo to Manos Send a message via Skype™ to Manos
....and these (well this is one of them) are the boats.
Have to say they are fantastic. Much better handling than the 700RSR on the waves. OK is like comparing a race car with a passenger vehicle but they are much more comfortable. The wind today was force 6, waves 2 mtrs and we were doing 20knots with 115 Yam, 19" prop, 4 people onboard, 60 ltrs fuel and loads or staff on the boat. The boat didn't jump just plowed throught the waves as they were coming against us. Every landing was soft and no banging. First time my back is not hearting
I'm realy impressed with the 650 SR.
Pitty about the poor finish quality though they could have been fantastic boats
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Copy 2 of DSCF0020.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	6974   Click image for larger version

Name:	Copy 3 of DSCF0024.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	6975   Click image for larger version

Name:	Copy 4 of DSCF0022.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	6976   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0018a.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	6977   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0019.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	6978  

Old 16 July 2004, 19:55   #43

Town: Gillingham, Kent
Boat name: Viper
Make: Cobra
Length: 5m +
Engine: E-rude Outboard 125
That don't look like a ribnet burgee attached to the "a" frame?????

I presume you did not have time to fit it prior to the camera work!

Bob

Putting to sea is optional: Returning is essential!
Bobaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2004, 04:33   #44

....and a few more.
Recognise a few faces here?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	laying.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	6995   Click image for larger version

Name:	speed.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	6996   Click image for larger version

Name:	the bat.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	6997   Click image for larger version

Name:	group.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	6998   Click image for larger version

Name:	yacht.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	6999  

Old 18 July 2004, 04:40   #45

... and a the last lot
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	water.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	7000   Click image for larger version

Name:	waves.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	7001   Click image for larger version

Name:	engine.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	7002  
Old 27 August 2004, 16:47   #46

A structual problem with one 700RSR

I was just informed of a very serious insident (one of the chines snaped!!) with one of the 700RSRs FALCON has sold to their Greek rep.

I don't know the exact details but as soon as I have it I will post photos and updates.

CHECK YOUR BOATS GUYS!!!
Old 30 August 2004, 14:31   #47

UPDATE on the 700RSR Problem

I can update you on nthe 700 RSR hull problem. T forward chine cracked and part of it came off. As a matter of fact the jell coat came off about 10-15 cm of it. It is my understanding that there were bubles (as there we bubles in my 700RSR) in the jell coat hence part of the chine coming off.
The boat is going to be repaired and there are fears that there may be other parts of the hull that have bubles in the jell coat.
The boat will be examined and aparently they can find out whether there are bubles in the jell coat and where. This is a brand new (4-5 months old max) 7mtr FALCON RIB. Also the deck of the same boat has developed hair line cracks. These cracks are all over the deck area.
Old 30 August 2004, 16:45   #48
TIM

Town: Dublin
Boat name: WIZARD
Make: REDBAY 7.4
Length: 7m +
Engine: OPTI 225
Hi Manos.......

I think you were sold a piece of shit of a RIB ......

I think that is is very sad that it would leave the factory like this........ I also think it is sad that they would 'do you', like this too, since you have beeing saying good things about them and having bought a few for them for charter work...

If I were you, Iwould stick the blunt end of that rib up the arse of the joker who built it or sold it to you...... I would then ask for my money back !
Old 30 August 2004, 19:51   #49

Tim what has puzzled us is that my 700 RSR RIB excluding a few things such a few bubbles on the jell coat also excluding the PVC fabric problem and the bad wiring (re-wiring the lot next year) is OKish hull wise.
The 640s are OK too except the bad treatment they got hence chipping of the jell coat in many areas and no jell coat on the inside of one of the consoles and also bad craftsmanship on the PVC and bad wiring AGAIN (it was lucky didn't catch fire when four wires were all stuck together)!! Had to re-wire all the boats!!
Now the 640SR that the FALCON rep in Greece has is been great so far, no problem to speak of what so ever to date. Mind you he did the wiring him self and he assembled the console, engine, tanks the lot. The hull is been great, the tubes too.
The 700 RSR he has got though (and he has 3 of them!!) has all the problems described above and the man is worried. We discussed this and taking into account the bubbles I found on mine and what happened to his we are convinced that the other two he has they will have similar problems.
As for asking for my money back I saw that coming but it was too late so I'm stuck with the boats which might be on sale very shortly

Old 31 August 2004, 18:28   #50

Town: Dublin
Boat name: wizzard
Make: REDBAY
Length: 7m +
Engine: 225 optimax
Spares

Manos when you are up and running , will you carry spares for the 115 , lower unit, fuel connectors, props, anodes etc in case of anything that might keep you off the water,do customers have to have experience or a level two, before they can hire from Boatmad, and will you do the servicing yourselves, hope your lower unit gets to you soon and good luck with the business

WHEN THE CAT IS AWAY THE MICE GO TO REDBAY..............
gavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2004, 19:32   #51

Gavin we are up and running since June 2004 and we have all the spares you can imagine. We also have a 5 year contract with the Yamaha engineering team for servicing.

Customers have to have an ICC or any EU recognised power boat qualification for 3 years at least to drive the boats.
RYA level 1, 2, 3, 1-trillion means nothing here and is NOT RECOGNISED by the Hellenic Coastguard or State as is only for UK domestic use. Clients need to (MUST) have the International Certificate of Coimpetence.
The operation of hiring the RIBs is going very well considering that tourism in Greece this year was 60% down from last year and 90% down from the year before. Most of the people who hire our boats are Greeks as many of the tourists coming from Europe do not qulaify.