Old 08 May 2016, 18:39   #21

Town: Retford
Boat name: Spy-sea-one
Make: Excel 435
Length: 4m +
Engine: Suzuki Outboard/25/4
RIBase
Hi gurnard

Great to get both boats out together for comparison and seems you both have the right boat your brother needs the room for the wee one who will I know be trying out all the seats and the 330 will allow for less cramped conditions while he does. From film point of view in my opinion I like both but they are so different the photo for me makes the point straight away and yours are excellent. The video is very good but they can get boring if not edited and very difficult in anything other than calm conditions in a small boat not a criticism in any way but I do love your stills.

Cheers
Old 08 May 2016, 19:46   #22

Town: Stirling
Boat name: The Gurnard
Make: Quicksilver
Length: 4m +
Engine: mariner 25hp 2s
Thanks for the feedback Fenlander ..Poly..Brian and Jeff. I agree with you all too. I like the motion steadiers Brian..and may invest in one for future use.

I much prefer the photos and written story. I feel I have more control over the story line doing it that way. I enjoyed the video experiment..and will do it occasionally..but more to support the traditional Blog method I normally use.

I got a bit lazy with the second and final part of this adventure ... but it helps finish the day. We went 27 miles and both of us used just less than 5 liters of fuel. Money well spent. Thanks again for reading ..and now watching..my drivel

Old 08 May 2016, 20:15   #23
RIBnet admin team

Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Length: 3m +
Engine: Tohatsu 30HP
MMSI: 235089819
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gurnard View Post
... We went 27 miles and both of us used just less than 5 liters of fuel. Money well spent. ]
Whilst thats a trivial cost anyway, has your brother worked out how much he'd have spent on the extra calories needed to paddle that? - I think he might be quids in!