...since I've posted anything from Tobermory. We have had a tremendous summer here with warm, dry weather, which has continued until recently. A couple of weekends ago, we decided to head out on little overnight trip to Manitoulin Island which is about 40 miles from Tobermory. Manitoulin has the honour of being the largest fresh-water Island in the world. There is a ferry that runs from Tob to South Bay, a tiny village there. Most of the Island is undeveloped with only a few small communities and a large contingent of First Nations residents.
1. Passing a friend's dive tugs at Bear's Rump Island. They're diving the wreck of the M.V. Forest City which sits in 155' of water
2. Arriving in South Bay Mouth, the ferry terminus and a popular sport fishing destination
3. Loading up after the mandatory ice-cream cone break
4. Evenings get cool now... Tobermory leisure wear
5. Dinner on the fire... Pork tenderloin, corn on the cob, beans and white wine... We camped near a beaver lodge where the residents kept the 4-legged beast amused most of the night
Our total trip ended up being just under 100 miles with a few side-trips.
This morning it's wet, foggy and hints of a few snow flurries across the lake... sigh...