Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 19 April 2004, 07:51   #21
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Over here
Boat name: S.S. Nobstick
Make: Three Wise Monkeys
Length: 3m +
Engine: 44lbs of thrust....
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 2,115
Yeah, and I shouldn't have gone on one either.....sorry!
__________________

__________________
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2004, 07:58   #22
Member
 
Country: Greece
Town: Gloucetsreshire
Boat name: GATO DI MARE
Make: MAR.CO
Length: 9m +
Engine: Yamaha 200Vmax
MMSI: 235027678
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 3,339
Send a message via MSN to Manos Send a message via Yahoo to Manos Send a message via Skype™ to Manos
Mr Baby wotnot you have completely missed the point of this discussion.
The point was not why you advertise your boats on RIBNET JK stated that he has no problem in that, neither any one else (I don't think) including me.
The point is that you presented things ther way that they are NOT.
i.e. You said your boats are used by the RNLI but you stated in your latest statement that your boats are bought by SOME RNLI memebers (who??). And this is a completely different issue. So the bottom line is that PARKER BOATS ARE NOT USED BY RNLI, and I should add that they do NOT have ANY CONNECTION with RNLI .
In your site you say that this is a sponsored RNLI site by your company. In fact as you state above we assume that IS NOT!
In brief you have misrepresented the facts 1000000%.
Now to make you understand a bit better I rent villas and apartemtns in Santorini and I also hire RIBs out. THAT IS A FACT
I DO NOT say that my RIBs are rented by the special forces cause a guy who works in the special forces has booked one for this summer. And I do not go saying that the British Government stays in my apartements because a guy who works in the ministry of foregn affairs in the UK rented one apartment for this summer. That would have been completely misleading and untroue. I think you are out of order 100%.
So as we say in Greek very politely ..... KANE TOUBEKI PSILOKOMENO KE DINETOU MIN TIS ARPAKSIS KAKOMIRI KAI DEN SE GNORIZI OUTE O SKYLOS SOU
__________________

Manos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2004, 08:12   #23
Member
 
Cookee's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Salcombe, Devon, UK
Boat name: BananaShark
Make: BananaShark
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2xYanmar 260 diesels
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 4,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manos
In brief you have misrepresented the facts 1000000%.
In that case there is a button to report posts to the moderator that are that bad - I suggest you do so!
__________________
Cookee
Originally Posted by Zippy
When a boat looks that good who needs tubes!!!
Cookee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2004, 08:17   #24
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Hamble
Length: 9m +
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by swginn
It is my opinion that lifejackets should always be worn onboard any watercraft that is on water, whether it is tied up at the marina or going flat out across the atlantic.
I couldn't agree more, although both my wife and I probably looked foolish to some during our last holiday, it was comforting to know that if the cruise ship had sunk, we would have been safe.

Mind you, we looked a couple of chumps when we had dinner at the captains table, and they were awfully uncomfortable to sleep in!
__________________
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt!
Dirk Diggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2004, 08:20   #25
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Brittany/Portsmouth
Boat name: Merlin
Make: Solent 6.5
Length: 6m +
Engine: 200
MMSI: soon !
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 5,451
Oh you hardboaters!!!!


Missus
__________________
Happy New Resolutions!!! : RIBbing for the craic!!!
The Jackeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2004, 09:24   #26
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Sheerness
Boat name: TBA
Make: Parker
Length: 8m +
Engine: Mercruiser
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 114
life jackets

Quote:
Originally Posted by swginn
How can you say this. If anybody falls overboard and falls unconscious, or blacks out which is quite possible, when travelling at speed with the impact of hitting the water being far greater than when stationary. An unconscious person will not be able to walk across to the harbour on debris!! Remember You can drown in your own bath at home!!(a foot of water) Also would you not think that this may be setting a bad example!!!

It is my opinion that lifejackets should always be worn onboard any watercraft that is on water, whether it is tied up at the marina or going flat out across the atlantic. Only the foolish will disagree
I am fully aware of the issues of secondary drowning in my proffession and I always always always advocate the use of lifejackets and ensure that all equipment in use on my craft and others ( sea saftey ) is checked prior to each use and as part of a planned maintainance program.I personally come accross far to many idiots without lifejackets daily some cannot comment on their lack of wearing for obvious reasons. so please please please do not take me out of context as you are wrong . Like cookee said to telly savalis read carefully and get with it. My response to Stavros the geek was tongue in Cheek and should be taken that way are you always so deep..................
__________________
David B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2004, 09:43   #27
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Sheerness
Boat name: TBA
Make: Parker
Length: 8m +
Engine: Mercruiser
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 114
response and final one

Originally Posted by Manos
Mr Baby wotnot you have completely missed the point of this discussion.
The point was not why you advertise your boats on RIBNET JK stated that he has no problem in that, neither any one else (I don't think) including me.
The point is that you presented things ther way that they are NOT.

i.e. You said your boats are used by the RNLI but you stated in your latest statement that your boats are bought by SOME RNLI memebers (who??). And this is a completely different issue. So the bottom line is that PARKER BOATS ARE NOT USED BY RNLI, and I should add that they do NOT have ANY CONNECTION with RNLI .

WHere did you read this ?


In your site you say that this is a sponsored RNLI site by your company. In fact as you state above we assume that IS NOT!
In brief you have misrepresented the facts 1000000%.

wrong again its a private site


Now to make you understand a bit better I rent villas and apartemtns in Santorini and I also hire RIBs out. THAT IS A FACT

Wild guess on Santorini I used to live there..........had no idea thats were you are based


I DO NOT say that my RIBs are rented by the special forces cause a guy who works in the special forces has booked one for this summer. And I do not go saying that the British Government stays in my apartements because a guy who works in the ministry of foregn affairs in the UK rented one apartment for this summer. That would have been completely misleading and untroue. I think you are out of order 100%.

Never mentioned your business look back at the threads ........if you wanted me to and i felt it was of any interest then i would with your permission perhaps have posted something on the site


So as we say in Sheerness:Μην πάρτε τα πράγματα προσωπικά Manos. Η περιοχή μου είναι μια ιδιωτική περιοχή και δεν σημαίνει καμία παράβαση. Απλά ηρεμήστε κάτω και καταψύξτε έξω και πάρτε τα πράγματα εύκολα. Φαίνεστε να είστε πολύ εύκολοι και έχετε παρανοήσει απλά τα γεγονότα. Παρακαλώ συγχωρήστε το grammer μου δεδομένου ότι αυτό είναι μια γλώσσα που δεν χρησιμοποιούμαι



So as we say in Greek very politely ..... KANE TOUBEKI PSILOKOMENO KE DINETOU MIN TIS ARPAKSIS KAKOMIRI KAI DEN SE GNORIZI OUTE O SKYLOS SOU
__________________
David B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2004, 09:44   #28
Member
 
Country: Ireland
Town: Carigaline/Baltimore
Boat name: XS-600
Make: XS-Ribs
Length: 6m +
Engine: Merc Optimax 150 XL
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 682
Sorry about that babygoodsdir01, I don't know your real name? I was making a point about lifejackets and did not mean to take you out of context or mean any disrespect. I misread your reply and did not realise it was a tongue in cheek response. Guess I'm gonna lose some credibility points for this!!

__________________
Steve G
If In Doubt, Go Flat Out!!
swginn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2004, 09:50   #29
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Sheerness
Boat name: TBA
Make: Parker
Length: 8m +
Engine: Mercruiser
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 114
Not a problem I am not offended as easy as other members , thanks for understanding and seeing the funny side I am just amazed how quickly things got out of context. After all i was only trying to show a picture or two to the site members. I wish I had not bothered now as its obviously hit a nerve with a person inparticular. Ever in Sheerness call in at the station and have a coffee

Name is David

have a nice day
__________________
David B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2004, 10:01   #30
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Brittany/Portsmouth
Boat name: Merlin
Make: Solent 6.5
Length: 6m +
Engine: 200
MMSI: soon !
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 5,451
Quote:
Originally Posted by swginn
Guess I'm gonna lose some credibility points for this!!

There, there swginn...I put in a positive vote for you. Can't have a fellow Corkonian suffer

Missus
__________________

__________________
Happy New Resolutions!!! : RIBbing for the craic!!!
The Jackeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:27.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.