Old 19 April 2004, 11:51   #21

Town: Over here
Boat name: S.S. Nobstick
Make: Three Wise Monkeys
Length: 3m +
Engine: 44lbs of thrust....
Yeah, and I shouldn't have gone on one either.....sorry!
Old 19 April 2004, 11:58   #22

Town: Gloucetsreshire
Boat name: GATO DI MARE
Make: MAR.CO
Length: 9m +
Engine: Yamaha 200Vmax
MMSI: 235027678
Send a message via MSN to Manos Send a message via Yahoo to Manos Send a message via Skype™ to Manos
Mr Baby wotnot you have completely missed the point of this discussion.
The point was not why you advertise your boats on RIBNET JK stated that he has no problem in that, neither any one else (I don't think) including me.
The point is that you presented things ther way that they are NOT.
i.e. You said your boats are used by the RNLI but you stated in your latest statement that your boats are bought by SOME RNLI memebers (who??). And this is a completely different issue. So the bottom line is that PARKER BOATS ARE NOT USED BY RNLI, and I should add that they do NOT have ANY CONNECTION with RNLI .
In your site you say that this is a sponsored RNLI site by your company. In fact as you state above we assume that IS NOT!
In brief you have misrepresented the facts 1000000%.
Now to make you understand a bit better I rent villas and apartemtns in Santorini and I also hire RIBs out. THAT IS A FACT
I DO NOT say that my RIBs are rented by the special forces cause a guy who works in the special forces has booked one for this summer. And I do not go saying that the British Government stays in my apartements because a guy who works in the ministry of foregn affairs in the UK rented one apartment for this summer. That would have been completely misleading and untroue. I think you are out of order 100%.
So as we say in Greek very politely ..... KANE TOUBEKI PSILOKOMENO KE DINETOU MIN TIS ARPAKSIS KAKOMIRI KAI DEN SE GNORIZI OUTE O SKYLOS SOU
Manos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2004, 12:12   #23

Town: Salcombe, Devon, UK
Boat name: BananaShark
Make: BananaShark
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2xYanmar 260 diesels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manos
In that case there is a button to report posts to the moderator that are that bad - I suggest you do so!
Cookee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2004, 12:17   #24

Town: Hamble
Quote:
Originally Posted by swginn
It is my opinion that lifejackets should always be worn onboard any watercraft that is on water, whether it is tied up at the marina or going flat out across the atlantic.
I couldn't agree more, although both my wife and I probably looked foolish to some during our last holiday, it was comforting to know that if the cruise ship had sunk, we would have been safe.

Mind you, we looked a couple of chumps when we had dinner at the captains table, and they were awfully uncomfortable to sleep in!
Old 19 April 2004, 12:20   #25

Town: Brittany/Portsmouth
Boat name: Merlin
Make: Solent 6.5
Length: 6m +
Engine: 200
MMSI: soon !
Oh you hardboaters!!!!

Missus
Old 19 April 2004, 13:24   #26

Town: Sheerness
Boat name: TBA
Make: Parker
Length: 8m +
Engine: Mercruiser
life jackets

Quote:
How can you say this. If anybody falls overboard and falls unconscious, or blacks out which is quite possible, when travelling at speed with the impact of hitting the water being far greater than when stationary. An unconscious person will not be able to walk across to the harbour on debris!! Remember You can drown in your own bath at home!!(a foot of water) Also would you not think that this may be setting a bad example!!!

It is my opinion that lifejackets should always be worn onboard any watercraft that is on water, whether it is tied up at the marina or going flat out across the atlantic. Only the foolish will disagree
I am fully aware of the issues of secondary drowning in my proffession and I always always always advocate the use of lifejackets and ensure that all equipment in use on my craft and others ( sea saftey ) is checked prior to each use and as part of a planned maintainance program.I personally come accross far to many idiots without lifejackets daily some cannot comment on their lack of wearing for obvious reasons. so please please please do not take me out of context as you are wrong . Like cookee said to telly savalis read carefully and get with it. My response to Stavros the geek was tongue in Cheek and should be taken that way are you always so deep..................
Old 19 April 2004, 13:43   #27

response and final one

Mr Baby wotnot you have completely missed the point of this discussion.
The point was not why you advertise your boats on RIBNET JK stated that he has no problem in that, neither any one else (I don't think) including me.

i.e. You said your boats are used by the RNLI but you stated in your latest statement that your boats are bought by SOME RNLI memebers (who??). And this is a completely different issue. So the bottom line is that PARKER BOATS ARE NOT USED BY RNLI, and I should add that they do NOT have ANY CONNECTION with RNLI .

WHere did you read this ?

In your site you say that this is a sponsored RNLI site by your company. In fact as you state above we assume that IS NOT!

wrong again its a private site

Now to make you understand a bit better I rent villas and apartemtns in Santorini and I also hire RIBs out. THAT IS A FACT

Wild guess on Santorini I used to live there..........had no idea thats were you are based

I DO NOT say that my RIBs are rented by the special forces cause a guy who works in the special forces has booked one for this summer. And I do not go saying that the British Government stays in my apartements because a guy who works in the ministry of foregn affairs in the UK rented one apartment for this summer. That would have been completely misleading and untroue. I think you are out of order 100%.

Never mentioned your business look back at the threads ........if you wanted me to and i felt it was of any interest then i would with your permission perhaps have posted something on the site

So as we say in Sheerness:Μην πάρτε τα πράγματα προσωπικά Manos. Η περιοχή μου είναι μια ιδιωτική περιοχή και δεν σημαίνει καμία παράβαση. Απλά ηρεμήστε κάτω και καταψύξτε έξω και πάρτε τα πράγματα εύκολα. Φαίνεστε να είστε πολύ εύκολοι και έχετε παρανοήσει απλά τα γεγονότα. Παρακαλώ συγχωρήστε το grammer μου δεδομένου ότι αυτό είναι μια γλώσσα που δεν χρησιμοποιούμαι

So as we say in Greek very politely ..... KANE TOUBEKI PSILOKOMENO KE DINETOU MIN TIS ARPAKSIS KAKOMIRI KAI DEN SE GNORIZI OUTE O SKYLOS SOU
Old 19 April 2004, 13:44   #28

Town: Carigaline/Baltimore
Boat name: XS-600
Make: XS-Ribs
Engine: Merc Optimax 150 XL
Sorry about that babygoodsdir01, I don't know your real name? I was making a point about lifejackets and did not mean to take you out of context or mean any disrespect. I misread your reply and did not realise it was a tongue in cheek response. Guess I'm gonna lose some credibility points for this!!

Old 19 April 2004, 13:50   #29

Not a problem I am not offended as easy as other members , thanks for understanding and seeing the funny side I am just amazed how quickly things got out of context. After all i was only trying to show a picture or two to the site members. I wish I had not bothered now as its obviously hit a nerve with a person inparticular. Ever in Sheerness call in at the station and have a coffee

Name is David

have a nice day
Old 19 April 2004, 14:01   #30

Quote:
Guess I'm gonna lose some credibility points for this!!

There, there swginn...I put in a positive vote for you. Can't have a fellow Corkonian suffer

Missus
Old 19 April 2004, 14:04   #31

I see your point, Sheerness is a bit of a trek for me though! With all the controversy I've only been able to have a proper look at your site now. Lifeboat pics are very interesting. Don't leave this mishap put you off, you should still post the pics. I'm sure people are very interested in seeing them.

Keep up the good work David
Old 19 April 2004, 14:43   #32

Drink driving ?

What are the laws in greece on drink driving then ? since saftey features high in your books ?Are lifejackets in Greece flesh coloured then..............
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo24.jpg
Views:	335
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	5285  
Old 19 April 2004, 15:42   #33

Lifejackets

Quote:
Mr Baby wotnot ( Sir to you ) you have completely missed the point of this discussion.
i.e. You said your boats are used by the RNLI but you stated in your latest statement that your boats are bought by SOME RNLI memebers (who??).
I said I have bought a Parker 630D for use by the crew at Sheerness to gain extra training in during their own time ........other crews i know have bought various other makes such as delta and Humber read the details carefully also re lifejackets how can you possibly preach what you obviously do not practice ? I am finally ending this debate and hope that you can see clearly now as the famous lyrics depict..............

Adios
Old 19 April 2004, 16:01   #34

Send a message via MSN to Manos Send a message via Yahoo to Manos Send a message via Skype™ to Manos
Quote:
Originally Posted by babygoodsdir01
What are the laws in Greece on drink driving then ? since saftey features high in your books ?Are lifejackets in Greece flesh coloured then..............
1. Bottle is empty. A photo is not always what it seems to be
2. Boat is on the mooring by a jetty, my wife is reading a book we are jumping on and off it why should we were life jackets
3. As for the translation good effort
So as we say in Sheerness:??? p??te ta p???µata p??s?p??? Manos. ? pe????? µ?? e??a? µ?a ?d??t??? pe????? ?a? de? s?µa??e? ?aµ?a pa??ßas?. ?p?? ??eµ?ste ??t? ?a? ?ata???te ??? ?a? p??te ta p???µata e????a. Fa??este ?a e?ste p??? e?????? ?a? ??ete pa?a???se? ap?? ta ?e????ta. ?a?a?a?? s??????ste t? grammer µ?? ded?µ???? ?t? a?t? e??a? µ?a ???ssa p?? de? ???s?µ?p????µa?

but makes me Lough as you say that ..... you have to relax and freeze outside but good effort.
Debate over and peace is called for now I hope
Old 19 April 2004, 16:13   #35

Hello Manos White flags are up

Thanks for the reply. Glad to see hostilities are over.

It was entertaining at the very least. I did say that My Greek was not what it should be. French and italian are Ok though.

Santorini is a wonderful place I have spent quite a lot of my time there during working on Superyachts. I hope its still as peaceful and idylic as I remember.

Wish you well with your business .......no hard feelings

David Wotnot
Old 19 April 2004, 16:20   #36

Cheers David - Sorry for the wotnot bit your name is quite confusing (to me any way)
Re Santorini is nice quite and peacefull place. Lots of water to play about and a huge Caldera (10 miles long) to go fishing and swim.
The peak months i.e. 2nd week July to end August better to go to Uganda rather than Santorini . But I still prefer Cape Sounion pitty my business is in Santorini
Not hard feelings is only a virtual world on the net
Old 19 April 2004, 17:10   #37

David (may I call you that?)

Still think the waters are a little muddy so to speak….but I’m a bit slow !!!
Your avowed intention was to ‘show a picture or two to the site members’…but the link you posted caused a few questions…

Your site does appear to have strong endorsement from RNLI. Is it official practice to use the logo like this? The url also seems to imply it’s an official lifeboat site? I have to confess at a glance (and with my general lack of thoroughness) I would have thought from your site that that particular RIB make was the official boat for the RNLI for that area.

You say you don’t stand to gain but a little later you say you’re about to become a dealer for that particular make of RIB?( RIBEX will be an important commercial arena for many in the business.) Am I missing something?

There is now a commercial section which might help your business?

Might also be worth having a chat with Andre who deals with the same RIB make on a very peaceful (and courteous) basis?

Missus (aka Kathleen...a paddy BTW in case you get cross!!!!)
Old 19 April 2004, 17:21   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackeens
a paddy BTW
What is a paddy BTW?? Not a PADI diver by any chance. Still getting very confused with all these abriviations. Diggler with his PDA, PDQ now you with paddy BTW! Would never be any good in the US

PS Be looking at my photo and don't I look great LOLOLOL
Old 19 April 2004, 17:25   #39

I'm a 'Paddy' (Irish person !!!!) BTW = 'By The Way'

Sorry Manos.
(I have a lot of admiration for those of you who post in English when it's an additional language for you BTW!!!!!)

Fair play to you for positive self-image too!!!!
Old 19 April 2004, 17:29   #40

Manos, you might understand it a bit better in smilies