Go Back   RIBnet Forums > Buy and sell > Bits and pieces
Click Here to Login

Old 04 October 2016, 09:25   #21

Town: Tyne and Wear
Make: RC 4.8 & Aero380
Length: 3m +
Engine: Tohatsu 50 & 20
Yes sitting on seat in standard position. Im somewhere around 15-16 Stone which will have a bearing on it. Moving off the seat, moving my weight backwards and leaning over arms stretched on the steering wheel made a little difference but not huge.
Old 04 October 2016, 10:31   #22

Town: Cambridgeshire
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Engine: Yam 15 Tohatsu 9.8
Below I've pasted in pat of my Scottish holiday report...

<<<...solo experience seemed pretty flighty compared with my usual crew as ballast. Initially I sat on the seat which gave a nice level trim visually but caused a degree of bow steer which felt very twitchy at times. So I swapped to on the starboard tube as far forward as the seat would allow me to sit. To somewhat offset my weight I put the grab bag with my safety gear in the bow and the very heavy anchor/ropes bag offset to port beside the fuel tank under the seat. This removed the tendency for bow steer and was as good as I could get it one-up... still very lively in the gusts though!>>>

So it seemed with my 13st on the seat and full 25l fuel tank immediately below that was too much weight forward for best steering feel.
Old 04 October 2016, 10:41   #23

Town: Tyne and Wear
Make: RC 4.8 & Aero380
Engine: Tohatsu 50 & 20
Yes ive heard others report similar experiences when solo. Its just more noticable for me on the steering than tiller. Its no big problem as i would drop speed anyway in anything other than flat calm conditions. Im actually enjoying it but it has upset my usual storage locations for bits and pieces taking different areas of room than i am used to. My trials have all been on the river so need to get to sea and give it a proper test!

Tags
zodiac